The HASSLE-FREE air fryer cleaning hack that everyone is raving about — “Thanks for the great tip!”

Air fryers have been growing in popularity in recent years, as they allow people to enjoy the taste and texture of fried foods without the need for excessive cooking oil that makes fried foods unhealthy.

The kitchen gadget is also praised for its hassle-free use.

Speaking of handiness, it is not surprising that many air fryer users are also looking for simple ways of cleaning the kitchen gadget — considering the fact that one of its target markets are busy people.

So, if you are one of those people who are looking for hassle-free ways to clean this handy appliance, we've got you covered!

Chef Erin Morley has taken to TikTok to share her simple hack for cleaning her air fryer.

Source: TikTok/@chef.erinmorley

In her video, the 41-year-old revealed that she just simply fills the basket of her air fryer with soapy water.

She says: "This is how I clean my air fryer."

"To make it super easy, fill the basket with soapy water."

Erin then puts the basket back into her air fryer before turning it on.

"Let it go for about six, seven minutes," she suggests.

"When it's done and you open it, be super careful as the water is going to be really hot, so go really slow."

Erin claims that once you drain the basket, the crumbs and other bits of food stuck inside the basket will come right off.

NMy2boTB1nXrQ04Ut1cXeeG9iUYpTiAxXlu2dNWDzFTnHjdJbAF3A-p001hyQlCJHjnwNbXV8sxFv5zK6HW3sB89Wh6C799EhXSI0Bl4FsJ2OAZPaY74P5Y3Dcx0XjE9rqu2QdM

The simple hack only requires filling the air fryer basket with soapy water before popping it back in and turning the gadget on for about 6 or 7 minutes. Source: TikTok/@chef.erinmorley.

The video went viral, amassing more than 26,000 views and hundreds of comments from TikTok users who are raving over the hack.

One person wrote: "Who knew! Thanks for the great tip - never occurred to me."

"Thank you! Mine needs to be cleaned DESPERATELY!" another added.

However, a number of people pointed out that the hack may not be safe for all air fryers, with some saying that it might cause life-threatening accidents.

One comment read: "Are you sure putting water in is safe. Fan blows the water up into the electrical mechanisms. Electricity and water don’t play well together."

We highly encourage our dear members to check your air fryers first before trying this hack to make sure that this is safe.

We also recommend this video for other air fryer cleaning hacks.

Source: YouTube/Fabulessly Frugal

Do you know any other tips for cleaning air fryers? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Reactions: FayeL
Sponsored
Just leave hot water and detergent in the basket overnight and rinse thoroughly in the morning. Clean as a whistle and probably far safer and better for the mechanism than boiling water in it. Works well with turbo ovens too.

Reactions: Julia TH and maya15
The HASSLE-FREE air fryer cleaning hack that everyone is raving about — “Thanks for the great tip!”

Air fryers have been growing in popularity in recent years, as they allow people to enjoy the taste and texture of fried foods without the need for excessive cooking oil that makes fried foods unhealthy.

The kitchen gadget is also praised for its hassle-free use.

Speaking of handiness, it is not surprising that many air fryer users are also looking for simple ways of cleaning the kitchen gadget — considering the fact that one of its target markets are busy people.

So, if you are one of those people who are looking for hassle-free ways to clean this handy appliance, we've got you covered!

Chef Erin Morley has taken to TikTok to share her simple hack for cleaning her air fryer.

Source: TikTok/@chef.erinmorley

In her video, the 41-year-old revealed that she just simply fills the basket of her air fryer with soapy water.

She says: "This is how I clean my air fryer."

"To make it super easy, fill the basket with soapy water."

Erin then puts the basket back into her air fryer before turning it on.

"Let it go for about six, seven minutes," she suggests.

"When it's done and you open it, be super careful as the water is going to be really hot, so go really slow."

Erin claims that once you drain the basket, the crumbs and other bits of food stuck inside the basket will come right off.

NMy2boTB1nXrQ04Ut1cXeeG9iUYpTiAxXlu2dNWDzFTnHjdJbAF3A-p001hyQlCJHjnwNbXV8sxFv5zK6HW3sB89Wh6C799EhXSI0Bl4FsJ2OAZPaY74P5Y3Dcx0XjE9rqu2QdM

The simple hack only requires filling the air fryer basket with soapy water before popping it back in and turning the gadget on for about 6 or 7 minutes. Source: TikTok/@chef.erinmorley.

The video went viral, amassing more than 26,000 views and hundreds of comments from TikTok users who are raving over the hack.

One person wrote: "Who knew! Thanks for the great tip - never occurred to me."

"Thank you! Mine needs to be cleaned DESPERATELY!" another added.

However, a number of people pointed out that the hack may not be safe for all air fryers, with some saying that it might cause life-threatening accidents.

One comment read: "Are you sure putting water in is safe. Fan blows the water up into the electrical mechanisms. Electricity and water don’t play well together."

We highly encourage our dear members to check your air fryers first before trying this hack to make sure that this is safe.

We also recommend this video for other air fryer cleaning hacks.

Source: YouTube/Fabulessly Frugal

Do you know any other tips for cleaning air fryers? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Definitely dangerous with steam and electricity. As I said before, just leave hot water with dish detergent in the air fryer and basket in the sink overnight and all the gunk floats off. Quick rinse and no chance of damaging the electronics. Mine is nearly 5 years old, used nearly every day and looks like new still.