SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
The Great Debate: Vegemite

Hello, members!

We have a contentious one for you today.

How much vegemite is the correct amount? Take a look at the image below and make your case.

vegemite.jpeg
What do you think is the appropriate amount? Source: smileedude/Reddit.

Jon rates himself around a 4.5 while I (April) chose 5.5 (too much crust showing on 5).

I'm eager to hear your thoughts!

Reactions: RTS and Tervueren
Hello, members!

How much vegemite is the correct amount? Take a look at the image below and make your case.

View attachment 6813

Jon rates himself around a 4.5 while I (April) chose 5.5 (too much crust showing on 5).

Lots of butter ,2 for me ,use sparingly

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
@Joyem . That is exactly the right amount for YOU..
There is NO set amount for everyone. Some people like it like No.1 others No. 2 ... My preference is No.4 most days occasionally I like a less amount.
I have been eating Vegemite for almost 80 years, using different amounts at different times and they ALL ARE THE RIGHT AMOUNT. No big deal use what YOU like best and you will have the RIGHT AMOUNT.
Any Questions? Ask a very intelligent person and that is the name on your birth certificate.
I took Vegemite to America and people there said How Much do I put on.... I said First Timers about or less that No.1. the after a month of eating vegemite ... Those vitamens love to look after you so you take what tastes best. I never eat salt on my meals, I get enough from Vegemite and other cooked items ,, A little of anything is good for you .. A LOT OF SOMETHINGS is No Good at all... in fact, some are very harmful, so use some common sense ... I believe that some products have arsenic in them as a preservative. Have a gr8 day

Hello, members!

View attachment 6813

As an Australian-born resident and early lover of Vegemite, I believe it is everyone to their own choice!! Personally i alter the amount of Vegemite as to whether I am spreading it on fresh bread or toast... so how can one differentiate? Just eat it, enjoy it, and reap the benefits of Vitamin B to complement your health! Oh - use lots of natural Australian Butter like Western Star or you are wasting your Vegemite!!!

Reactions: RTS
@Joyem . That is exactly the right amount for YOU..
There is NO set amount for everyone. Some people like it like No.1 others No. 2 ... My preference is No.4 most days occasionally I like a less amount.
I have been eating Vegemite for almost 80 years, using different amounts at different times and they ALL ARE THE RIGHT AMOUNT. No big deal use what YOU like best and you will have the RIGHT AMOUNT.
Any Questions? Ask a very intelligent person and that is the name on your birth certificate.
I took Vegemite to America and people there said How Much do I put on.... I said First Timers about or less that No.1. the after a month of eating vegemite ... Those vitamens love to look after you so you take what tastes best. I never eat salt on my meals, I get enough from Vegemite and other cooked items ,, A little of anything is good for you .. A LOT OF SOMETHINGS is No Good at all... in fact, some are very harmful, so use some common sense ... I believe that some products have arsenic in them as a preservative. Have a gr8 day
Arsenic is found in apple seeds..... - Who Knew???

Reactions: RTS
Hello, members!

View attachment 6813

I am a 5

Reactions: RTS and Tervueren
Hello, members!

View attachment 6813

4 will do..

Reactions: Tervueren and RTS
Hello, members!

View attachment 6813

3. Vegemite has a very strong Flavor, and unless you are a great lover of it, you can burn the taste buds a little if too much is used.

Reactions: Tervueren