The best landlord EVER? This mum goes above and beyond for her tenants!

Finding a landlord with whom you have a good working relationship is an important consideration when renting a home.

Being a tenant obviously involves a lot of responsibilities, such as a punctual rent payment, due care for the property and its surroundings, and so on. But at the same time, a landlord should also treat their tenants well and pay close attention to what they need.

The relationship between a landlord and a tenant needs to be treated as a partnership, and if it is a healthy partnership, then everyone involved can stand to benefit from it. Because of this, some landlords are going beyond and above what is required of them in order to maintain a good working relationship with their renters.

Here, a mum-of-four demonstrated the way in which she expresses her gratitude and appreciation for her tenants by extending a warm welcome.

eTAA4WDA1cJJaTnmYMqSgiXChH7-6EzJ5wj9hrg5e7ZnIO21HrLu-a9ufAQj0k8RyhkDmR64yI7D0eOhElzNNn2uv7igZDBAYlFVRtmbRynLAK0So9dLXzafPp2Aryu3kFd7y8ztxS4_nu8ceVyxNTIXlxGELQ8u4X3vDuuGczs55wkE5qD6Cv6cbA

The mum welcomes her new tenants with a bountiful care package. Credit: Facebook.

One mum from abroad has become known as the 'best landlord ever' on social media when she revealed that she provides her new tenants with a wide assortment of goodies upon their move-in.

And no, these goodies aren't just your run-of-the-mill housewarming presents; instead, the items are really beneficial to the tenant and the new life they will be living in the rented property.

The mum's welcome package includes a completely stocked pantry, several cleaning supplies, and the makings for a delicious hot breakfast. It also came with a cushion and a lovely picture frame that helps add some cosy details to the living space. There was even a bottle of sparkling wine!

This way, the new tenants would have nothing to worry about as they began a fresh new chapter in their lives.

'I hope that by showing them care, they will want to care for the property,' the landlord wrote in her post on social media, adding that she does this to get her working relationships off to a good start.

De69z8vWFW9-d3RMWVu29gleBcWsrSgvA3WOOuMUXxyUSJS1ct6OiEf3fuCtGk34_R38GC46BYskDkvbl2Iy0JarH-u2_lxJO7rtfSF7fOU81yyv74EDPAXkjFVRSWootsSR93kJ66CDsT4eniV-c1cVbEqY3oF8hjjd4GO_qcfI2Onw0hOwU8JfXw

The landlord wants to foster a positive working relationship with her tenants. Credit: Facebook.

Thousands of people commented on the mum's post in the Facebook group, applauding her for the brilliant idea as it immediately went viral.

'I hope you have wonderful caring tenants as they seem to have hit the jackpot with their landlord,' one woman wrote in the comments, with a second person adding: 'You have given them everything to start out. Again, you are amazing and so incredibly thoughtful.'

'What a sweet gesture to do for someone to start off a relationship with. I would just be tickled all the way through my heart if I had this welcoming at the place I rented,' said a third.

The mum's message was also seen by other landlords, who praised her for sharing it because they planned to attempt this idea in the future.

'My husband and I are working on our first rental property right now, and I will definitely be doing this for our renters,' one woman commented.

There are also some renters who commented on the post, saying that they appreciate landlords going out of their way to do these things for their tenants because it makes a world of difference.

What about you, members, especially those who are renting? Have you had similar wonderful experiences with your landlords? Would you mind sharing with us what they did that made you appreciate them more? Or have you had nothing but bad experiences? Let us know in the comments - we would love to hear from you!

Sponsored
I have only rented for a very short amount of time whilst getting ready to move interstate and no, I never found such a thoughtful owner although I did encounter something similar when we bought a car. We bought a second hand car from a dealership in Perth WA and when we went to pick it up there was a steering wheel cover, a box of chocolates, a bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine on the front seats. A very nice gesture.:)

Finding a landlord with whom you have a good working relationship is an important consideration when renting a home.

Being a tenant obviously involves a lot of responsibilities, such as a punctual rent payment, due care for the property and its surroundings, and so on. But at the same time, a landlord should also treat their tenants well and pay close attention to what they need.

The relationship between a landlord and a tenant needs to be treated as a partnership, and if it is a healthy partnership, then everyone involved can stand to benefit from it. Because of this, some landlords are going beyond and above what is required of them in order to maintain a good working relationship with their renters.

Here, a mum-of-four demonstrated the way in which she expresses her gratitude and appreciation for her tenants by extending a warm welcome.

eTAA4WDA1cJJaTnmYMqSgiXChH7-6EzJ5wj9hrg5e7ZnIO21HrLu-a9ufAQj0k8RyhkDmR64yI7D0eOhElzNNn2uv7igZDBAYlFVRtmbRynLAK0So9dLXzafPp2Aryu3kFd7y8ztxS4_nu8ceVyxNTIXlxGELQ8u4X3vDuuGczs55wkE5qD6Cv6cbA

The mum welcomes her new tenants with a bountiful care package. Credit: Facebook.

One mum from abroad has become known as the 'best landlord ever' on social media when she revealed that she provides her new tenants with a wide assortment of goodies upon their move-in.

And no, these goodies aren't just your run-of-the-mill housewarming presents; instead, the items are really beneficial to the tenant and the new life they will be living in the rented property.

The mum's welcome package includes a completely stocked pantry, several cleaning supplies, and the makings for a delicious hot breakfast. It also came with a cushion and a lovely picture frame that helps add some cosy details to the living space. There was even a bottle of sparkling wine!

This way, the new tenants would have nothing to worry about as they began a fresh new chapter in their lives.

'I hope that by showing them care, they will want to care for the property,' the landlord wrote in her post on social media, adding that she does this to get her working relationships off to a good start.

De69z8vWFW9-d3RMWVu29gleBcWsrSgvA3WOOuMUXxyUSJS1ct6OiEf3fuCtGk34_R38GC46BYskDkvbl2Iy0JarH-u2_lxJO7rtfSF7fOU81yyv74EDPAXkjFVRSWootsSR93kJ66CDsT4eniV-c1cVbEqY3oF8hjjd4GO_qcfI2Onw0hOwU8JfXw

The landlord wants to foster a positive working relationship with her tenants. Credit: Facebook.

Thousands of people commented on the mum's post in the Facebook group, applauding her for the brilliant idea as it immediately went viral.

'I hope you have wonderful caring tenants as they seem to have hit the jackpot with their landlord,' one woman wrote in the comments, with a second person adding: 'You have given them everything to start out. Again, you are amazing and so incredibly thoughtful.'

'What a sweet gesture to do for someone to start off a relationship with. I would just be tickled all the way through my heart if I had this welcoming at the place I rented,' said a third.

The mum's message was also seen by other landlords, who praised her for sharing it because they planned to attempt this idea in the future.

'My husband and I are working on our first rental property right now, and I will definitely be doing this for our renters,' one woman commented.

There are also some renters who commented on the post, saying that they appreciate landlords going out of their way to do these things for their tenants because it makes a world of difference.

What about you, members, especially those who are renting? Have you had similar wonderful experiences with your landlords? Would you mind sharing with us what they did that made you appreciate them more? Or have you had nothing but bad experiences? Let us know in the comments - we would love to hear from you!
There is the other side too. My daughter had to break her lease in a time of oversupply of renters, but the landlord wanted an extra two weeks rent and the cost of advertising while people were lined up at the door!

We have a unit connected to our landlord's house. They have become our good friends over the past couple of years. We frequently share dad jokes and only 2 days ago they took us out for dinner to thank us for looking after the property while they were away recently. They also keep the rent relatively low as we are pensioners. Add to that the beautiful rural views from our small balcony and we have an idyllic lifestyle. Very grateful!

There is the other side too. My daughter had to break her lease in a time of oversupply of renters, but the landlord wanted an extra two weeks rent and the cost of advertising while people were lined up at the door!
That happened to me too a couple of months ago ! I’ve never actually seen a landlord just the real estate agents handling their property 🤷‍♀️ So no goodie’s for me ever.

My landlord wanted to increase my rent at the end of lease but when I explained that at the time I could not afford it he has allowed me to stay at same rent on month to month until early next year when I can afford a rent hike

Years of renting have given me many reasons to complain about various happenings but I will not bore everyone here with the details, only to say that the landlords I/we have met have been great, the problems are usually caused by the property managers who seem to take a great delight in making life difficult for even good tenants, especially when leaving that property, they seem to be on a power trip and will complain about everything no matter how hard we try to leave that property in a good/clean condition. the end result of our last move into our own property has left us with a black mark against our name because the property manger made impossible demands. Hopefully we will not have to worry about renting again as we would find it very difficult.

I must be doing something right: one tenant is still in my unit after 25 years, never missed paying, and the neighbours all love him for being kind and quiet, the other has been recommended by my previous tenant who got married and moved in with her husband. That new tenant has been there for 7 years now! We have coffee together once or twice a year, going over problems that need to be dealt with, and have become almost friends over the years.

Never had either, good or bad experience!!
Hopefully, that generous landlord, doesn’t have a bad experience with whoever rents his place. Some tenants are disgusting and leave places
completely unliveable!

I’ve rented for the best part of my life, not having ever had sufficient to buy into the Sydney property market. But! I’ve NEVER been treated like this! Well done to this landlady. Such generosity would have certainly engendered a great working relationship between us. It’s also quite possible, along the lines that ‘one good turn deserves another’, that the not-so-desirable tenants might be prompted to treat their landlords and rental properties with more respect.

I bought a house nearly 30 years ago as a rental investment. I still have the house and am on my second tenant. My first tenant stayed for 2 months short of 20 years and this one looks to follow on. My argument is that it is their home and provided they don't trash it they can do what they like with it. Any sorted problems which were not their fault and which came to my notice I refunded the cost. The rent is my income and when the last review date came round my agent suggested an increase of $50 pw as market rate. I have no need for this increase so the increase was left as an amount to cover the Land Tax I have to pay. I am looking at installing solar panels and some of that cost will make up the rental increase due next year. I don't need vast increments of rental increases so why expect the tenant to pay extra when they are caring for what may eventually be my home?

I bought a house nearly 30 years ago as a rental investment. I still have the house and am on my second tenant. My first tenant stayed for 2 months short of 20 years and this one looks to follow on. My argument is that it is their home and provided they don't trash it they can do what they like with it. Any sorted problems which were not their fault and which came to my notice I refunded the cost. The rent is my income and when the last review date came round my agent suggested an increase of $50 pw as market rate. I have no need for this increase so the increase was left as an amount to cover the Land Tax I have to pay. I am looking at installing solar panels and some of that cost will make up the rental increase due next year. I don't need vast increments of rental increases so why expect the tenant to pay extra when they are caring for what may eventually be my home?
I wish there were more like you

Reactions: Liz and Ezzy

Smart businesswoman!!!

Reactions: Ezzy
Years of renting have given me many reasons to complain about various happenings but I will not bore everyone here with the details, only to say that the landlords I/we have met have been great, the problems are usually caused by the property managers who seem to take a great delight in making life difficult for even good tenants, especially when leaving that property, they seem to be on a power trip and will complain about everything no matter how hard we try to leave that property in a good/clean condition. the end result of our last move into our own property has left us with a black mark against our name because the property manger made impossible demands. Hopefully we will not have to worry about renting again as we would find it very difficult.
Yes, it seems that property managers (or their assistants) like to make our lives difficult. Quite a few years ago, after happily renting an old, weatherboard house for seven years, I had to move. The house was sold & they were building units on the house block. I left the house in a much better condition than it was when I moved in. The new assistant property manager took three weeks to check the house. She emailed me a list of complaints: *The lawns needed mowing. (I mowed them three weeks ago.) *The bath was dusty. (I cleaned it three weeks ago.) *There was a small area of lawn clippings on a path. (So, I must have mowed then?) *The oven hadn't been cleaned. (The oven was spotlessly clean.) I was informed by other real estate staff that this woman was new, & she was after the property manager's job - with whom I had always gotten on really well. So, I contacted this "newbies" superior & finally got everything sorted - I needed my bond returned! I was glad that I had always passed the six-monthly house inspections with flying colours.

Reactions: Liz and Ezzy
Yes, it seems that property managers (or their assistants) like to make our lives difficult. Quite a few years ago, after happily renting an old, weatherboard house for seven years, I had to move. The house was sold & they were building units on the house block. I left the house in a much better condition than it was when I moved in. The new assistant property manager took three weeks to check the house. She emailed me a list of complaints: *The lawns needed mowing. (I mowed them three weeks ago.) *The bath was dusty. (I cleaned it three weeks ago.) *There was a small area of lawn clippings on a path. (So, I must have mowed then?) *The oven hadn't been cleaned. (The oven was spotlessly clean.) I was informed by other real estate staff that this woman was new, & she was after the property manager's job - with whom I had always gotten on really well. So, I contacted this "newbies" superior & finally got everything sorted - I needed my bond returned! I was glad that I had always passed the six-monthly house inspections with flying colours.
What a bitch she was. The house was to be demolished. Not as if they were going to rip the lawn up & sell it or the bath & oven too. Trying to prove herself. Hope she did not get that job!

I once worked for a company where the accountant (ex Receptionist) should have used a broomstick for transport. Unbeknown to me she told the Manager l regularly complained about being as little as 5 cents underpaid. Rubbish of course. She later stole $1,000 in cash given to her claiming to never have received this from the rep. After leaving the company l learnt she had been sacked for embezzlement. Stealing money to keep her husband's airplane in the air. Karma does work.

Reactions: SandyM
Our property inspections were performed 3 monthly and we always passed them; there were never any complaints from any of the 3 property managers that we had during that time. The amount of work that my husband did to improve that property over the 8 years that we lived there was astounding, of course he did this to improve our living conditions. From fixing faulty paving and improving safety, to changing and improving the layout of the gardens, he even built a patio so as to give us a courtyard to entertain in. all the work that he did was for us and of course the owners loved us. The house had originally been purchased as an investment property 40 years prior to us moving in; after many years of only tenants occupying it. I kept it as clean as it was possible after those 40 years of neglect; often to a degree that was only achieved through some pretty hard use of elbow grease but the property was old and it showed. When it came time for us to finally move into our own house, my health was suffering and I was trying to be in 2 places at once (as you do) instead of attempting to do a final clean of the old house as well as clean the new house and of course do all the packing I hired a cleaning company to perform the final Exit clean for me, no problem with them they were an experienced and well respected local company who specialised in Exit cleans. Well you should have heard the property manager!! Email after email flew between us while she complained about everything, nothing at all was good enough, from the bathroom to the kitchen or anywhere else in the house absolutely nothing was clean enough, she even accused us of leaving mould on the walls which we had previously reported knowing that it had been caused by rising damp, a situation that she had ignored during each tri monthly inspection. Apparently the stains on the ceiling caused by leaks in the roof tiling was also our fault. In the end I had the cleaning company come back in and re-do all the areas that they could do but to no avail it was still not good enough. I gave up after the she complained that the 40 year old blinds in the lounge did not match the look of the new blinds that had been installed in the same room the previous year!! It was a no win situation for us we had paid for 2 exit cleans and also ended up paying for another clean performed by a company that the property manager bought in, I have no idea if they were able to do anything about the rising damp stains or the stains on the ceiling or even the situation with new blinds not matching the old blinds. After spending so much of our own money making improvements that we wanted to make while we lived there we still had to pay for more just to move out! Of course a large amount was deducted from our bond to satisfy the property manger who probably traveled by broomstick to perform her final inspection.

Reactions: Ezzy and SandyM
Our property inspections were performed 3 monthly and we always passed them; there were never any complaints from any of the 3 property managers that we had during that time. The amount of work that my husband did to improve that property over the 8 years that we lived there was astounding, of course he did this to improve our living conditions. From fixing faulty paving and improving safety, to changing and improving the layout of the gardens, he even built a patio so as to give us a courtyard to entertain in. all the work that he did was for us and of course the owners loved us. The house had originally been purchased as an investment property 40 years prior to us moving in; after many years of only tenants occupying it. I kept it as clean as it was possible after those 40 years of neglect; often to a degree that was only achieved through some pretty hard use of elbow grease but the property was old and it showed. When it came time for us to finally move into our own house, my health was suffering and I was trying to be in 2 places at once (as you do) instead of attempting to do a final clean of the old house as well as clean the new house and of course do all the packing I hired a cleaning company to perform the final Exit clean for me, no problem with them they were an experienced and well respected local company who specialised in Exit cleans. Well you should have heard the property manager!! Email after email flew between us while she complained about everything, nothing at all was good enough, from the bathroom to the kitchen or anywhere else in the house absolutely nothing was clean enough, she even accused us of leaving mould on the walls which we had previously reported knowing that it had been caused by rising damp, a situation that she had ignored during each tri monthly inspection. Apparently the stains on the ceiling caused by leaks in the roof tiling was also our fault. In the end I had the cleaning company come back in and re-do all the areas that they could do but to no avail it was still not good enough. I gave up after the she complained that the 40 year old blinds in the lounge did not match the look of the new blinds that had been installed in the same room the previous year!! It was a no win situation for us we had paid for 2 exit cleans and also ended up paying for another clean performed by a company that the property manager bought in, I have no idea if they were able to do anything about the rising damp stains or the stains on the ceiling or even the situation with new blinds not matching the old blinds. After spending so much of our own money making improvements that we wanted to make while we lived there we still had to pay for more just to move out! Of course a large amount was deducted from our bond to satisfy the property manger who probably traveled by broomstick to perform her final inspection.
We once rented for a short period & the fact the gutters overflowed & soaked every thing we had on the illegally built patio was of no concern to the owner; what was though was the fact the nylon curtains fell apart when washed. Held together with dust, extremely dirty & very old we were expected to replace the rags only weeks after moving in. This never happened but some people who rent homes have no scruples.

When doing maintenance for Real Estate Agents l was called out on a very wet night to a home where the tenants had water coming through the ceiling next to a light. An inspection found the roof tile missing & the hole covered with a piece of blue nylon tarpaulin which had disintegrated in the sun. No fault of the current tenants, just as Gaena should not have been charged for damages beyond her control!

Last edited:
Reactions: SandyM