The best landlord EVER? This mum goes above and beyond for her tenants!

Finding a landlord with whom you have a good working relationship is an important consideration when renting a home.

Being a tenant obviously involves a lot of responsibilities, such as a punctual rent payment, due care for the property and its surroundings, and so on. But at the same time, a landlord should also treat their tenants well and pay close attention to what they need.

The relationship between a landlord and a tenant needs to be treated as a partnership, and if it is a healthy partnership, then everyone involved can stand to benefit from it. Because of this, some landlords are going beyond and above what is required of them in order to maintain a good working relationship with their renters.

Here, a mum-of-four demonstrated the way in which she expresses her gratitude and appreciation for her tenants by extending a warm welcome.

eTAA4WDA1cJJaTnmYMqSgiXChH7-6EzJ5wj9hrg5e7ZnIO21HrLu-a9ufAQj0k8RyhkDmR64yI7D0eOhElzNNn2uv7igZDBAYlFVRtmbRynLAK0So9dLXzafPp2Aryu3kFd7y8ztxS4_nu8ceVyxNTIXlxGELQ8u4X3vDuuGczs55wkE5qD6Cv6cbA

The mum welcomes her new tenants with a bountiful care package. Credit: Facebook.

One mum from abroad has become known as the 'best landlord ever' on social media when she revealed that she provides her new tenants with a wide assortment of goodies upon their move-in.

And no, these goodies aren't just your run-of-the-mill housewarming presents; instead, the items are really beneficial to the tenant and the new life they will be living in the rented property.

The mum's welcome package includes a completely stocked pantry, several cleaning supplies, and the makings for a delicious hot breakfast. It also came with a cushion and a lovely picture frame that helps add some cosy details to the living space. There was even a bottle of sparkling wine!

This way, the new tenants would have nothing to worry about as they began a fresh new chapter in their lives.

'I hope that by showing them care, they will want to care for the property,' the landlord wrote in her post on social media, adding that she does this to get her working relationships off to a good start.

De69z8vWFW9-d3RMWVu29gleBcWsrSgvA3WOOuMUXxyUSJS1ct6OiEf3fuCtGk34_R38GC46BYskDkvbl2Iy0JarH-u2_lxJO7rtfSF7fOU81yyv74EDPAXkjFVRSWootsSR93kJ66CDsT4eniV-c1cVbEqY3oF8hjjd4GO_qcfI2Onw0hOwU8JfXw

The landlord wants to foster a positive working relationship with her tenants. Credit: Facebook.

Thousands of people commented on the mum's post in the Facebook group, applauding her for the brilliant idea as it immediately went viral.

'I hope you have wonderful caring tenants as they seem to have hit the jackpot with their landlord,' one woman wrote in the comments, with a second person adding: 'You have given them everything to start out. Again, you are amazing and so incredibly thoughtful.'

'What a sweet gesture to do for someone to start off a relationship with. I would just be tickled all the way through my heart if I had this welcoming at the place I rented,' said a third.

The mum's message was also seen by other landlords, who praised her for sharing it because they planned to attempt this idea in the future.

'My husband and I are working on our first rental property right now, and I will definitely be doing this for our renters,' one woman commented.

There are also some renters who commented on the post, saying that they appreciate landlords going out of their way to do these things for their tenants because it makes a world of difference.

What about you, members, especially those who are renting? Have you had similar wonderful experiences with your landlords? Would you mind sharing with us what they did that made you appreciate them more? Or have you had nothing but bad experiences? Let us know in the comments - we would love to hear from you!

Sponsored
My ka
Finding a landlord with whom you have a good working relationship is an important consideration when renting a home.

Being a tenant obviously involves a lot of responsibilities, such as a punctual rent payment, due care for the property and its surroundings, and so on. But at the same time, a landlord should also treat their tenants well and pay close attention to what they need.

The relationship between a landlord and a tenant needs to be treated as a partnership, and if it is a healthy partnership, then everyone involved can stand to benefit from it. Because of this, some landlords are going beyond and above what is required of them in order to maintain a good working relationship with their renters.

Here, a mum-of-four demonstrated the way in which she expresses her gratitude and appreciation for her tenants by extending a warm welcome.

eTAA4WDA1cJJaTnmYMqSgiXChH7-6EzJ5wj9hrg5e7ZnIO21HrLu-a9ufAQj0k8RyhkDmR64yI7D0eOhElzNNn2uv7igZDBAYlFVRtmbRynLAK0So9dLXzafPp2Aryu3kFd7y8ztxS4_nu8ceVyxNTIXlxGELQ8u4X3vDuuGczs55wkE5qD6Cv6cbA

The mum welcomes her new tenants with a bountiful care package. Credit: Facebook.

One mum from abroad has become known as the 'best landlord ever' on social media when she revealed that she provides her new tenants with a wide assortment of goodies upon their move-in.

And no, these goodies aren't just your run-of-the-mill housewarming presents; instead, the items are really beneficial to the tenant and the new life they will be living in the rented property.

The mum's welcome package includes a completely stocked pantry, several cleaning supplies, and the makings for a delicious hot breakfast. It also came with a cushion and a lovely picture frame that helps add some cosy details to the living space. There was even a bottle of sparkling wine!

This way, the new tenants would have nothing to worry about as they began a fresh new chapter in their lives.

'I hope that by showing them care, they will want to care for the property,' the landlord wrote in her post on social media, adding that she does this to get her working relationships off to a good start.

De69z8vWFW9-d3RMWVu29gleBcWsrSgvA3WOOuMUXxyUSJS1ct6OiEf3fuCtGk34_R38GC46BYskDkvbl2Iy0JarH-u2_lxJO7rtfSF7fOU81yyv74EDPAXkjFVRSWootsSR93kJ66CDsT4eniV-c1cVbEqY3oF8hjjd4GO_qcfI2Onw0hOwU8JfXw

The landlord wants to foster a positive working relationship with her tenants. Credit: Facebook.

Thousands of people commented on the mum's post in the Facebook group, applauding her for the brilliant idea as it immediately went viral.

'I hope you have wonderful caring tenants as they seem to have hit the jackpot with their landlord,' one woman wrote in the comments, with a second person adding: 'You have given them everything to start out. Again, you are amazing and so incredibly thoughtful.'

'What a sweet gesture to do for someone to start off a relationship with. I would just be tickled all the way through my heart if I had this welcoming at the place I rented,' said a third.

The mum's message was also seen by other landlords, who praised her for sharing it because they planned to attempt this idea in the future.

'My husband and I are working on our first rental property right now, and I will definitely be doing this for our renters,' one woman commented.

There are also some renters who commented on the post, saying that they appreciate landlords going out of their way to do these things for their tenants because it makes a world of difference.

What about you, members, especially those who are renting? Have you had similar wonderful experiences with your landlords? Would you mind sharing with us what they did that made you appreciate them more? Or have you had nothing but bad experiences? Let us know in the comments - we would love to hear from you!
My landlord. Asked him if he could get some vinyl to cover the Masonite bench top as it’s very old and filthy. He shouted at me - my mum used thus all her life (he us over 70 and mother has dementia) so suck it up. So now I ask fir new Masonite again refused. So I built my middle if kitchen bench but the mouse is getting in that too.

Reactions: Ezzy
My ka

My landlord. Asked him if he could get some vinyl to cover the Masonite bench top as it’s very old and filthy. He shouted at me - my mum used thus all her life (he us over 70 and mother has dementia) so suck it up. So now I ask fir new Masonite again refused. So I built my middle if kitchen bench but the mouse is getting in that too.
Not the sort of attitude you'd expect from a Landlord. It would appear for him it is all rent & no maintenance. His mother may have used a bench this way but he have become civilized since he was a boy. This is 2021 not the 1940's.

You are very brave taking matters into your own hands. Let's hope the mouse isn't a robot mouse put there by the Landlord to spy on you & report back to him.