The $2.59 “MIRACLE” Aldi hack for removing dirt buildup in your washing machine that everyone is raving about — “OMG the best!”

Let's be honest, oftentimes we don't really inspect every spot of our appliances for dirt and grime, especially the areas that don't affect the machine's performance or aren’t visible to the naked eye.

One of the spots that we often overlook when it comes to cleanliness is the door of a washing machine — a spot that is extremely susceptible to dirt and mould buildup as moisture encourages the crumbs from your clothes to stick to the sides of your front loader machine.

Seeing a mouldy rubber seal around the door of a washing machine is common for most households so it's not surprising that owners of the front loader appliance are often not bothered to give them a clean.

But a dirty washing machine means dirty clothes. So, if you are looking for an affordable, hassle-free hack to get rid of the stubborn mould from your washing machine, then we've got fantastic news for you!

ALDI fan Kylee took to Facebook to reveal her little-known hack for removing the dirt buildup from her washing machine.

In her post, she revealed that she's been using a roll of paper towel and Aldi's $2.59 Mould Away spray to remove the mould without having to spend much time scraping it all off!.

Just over $2 for an effortless clean? Sounds pretty fantastic to us!

iU6K1NMtruucAseEklf4ytPVvCIRhYm80P1HYNimYqafu6Pp9j8ol0Ad2U0BIwF9uVGMyQr0-wcGH41qcZKs9YsxrwEi3ZMc8Tt1BTD-SOh4IpNazTMqG4QQeQ5DFoZs98JPjUk
2iQab3ZSyI79OUPHcVP-jc29yuqiLEG3R5Gmpa6CHaAxp_eQrtAMKbfBp74ea2iEn6mXlwRPK7p4jC2Ahzl0Xq6H_NuDGSTFkamEI0e54-d_Y9Sb8qpla6C_MxAXCOPx31_0utc

Before and after photos of Kylee’s washing machine. Credit: Facebook/Aldi Mums.

“Before and after pics of cleaning the mould off the rubber seal on my washing machine,” Kylee wrote on the Aldi Mums Facebook page.

“There is a trick to it - leave paper towel soaked in Mould Away for 24 hours.”

For those of you worried about the product damaging the seal in your washing machine, Kylee said that Mould Away has never caused any damage to her washing machine despite using the product repeatedly.

“I’ve done this a few times now and haven't noticed any damage to the rubber, I don’t do it regularly, about once a year I suppose,” she said.

NJfNML9jVdrfREadPYU0XlG9DEH0Is5iu62hRwxKCZAR9R1FoA2autVy8o8ey2be34kWiRdvcOZQpfaPElITbDSOivSzF93QHGktta3RHDj40RMK_ImQ6kGGdbnIJsShO_uGKBk

The $2.59 Mould Away spray is said to remove tough dirt buildup inside your washing machine effortlessly. Credit: Aldi.

Facebook users swooned over the hack, with many expressing their excitement to give it a try.

One user wrote: “Oh wow! I was ready to call a repairman to put in a new rubber seal, but I think I’ll try this first. Thanks for sharing.”

“Thank you, I will give this a go as I have tried everything,” another added.

A third chimed in: “OMG the best, absolutely doing this.”

Others shared their own hacks for cleaning away and preventing stubborn mould from their washing machines!

One woman wrote: “Only have a little spot mark of mould on mine as I wipe it with a dry cloth every time I’ve finished washing and always leave the door open.”

“Always wipe the rim and leave the door a bit open after each load. No mould,” another advised.

A third added: “Worked a treat, it looks great. When I got my new machine I was told to always leave the door open a little and the detergent tray open to avoid the mould (building up).”

“I wash my machine once a month on the cleaning cycle with a dishwashing Tablet. Comes up like new,” quipped another.

It is understood that stock of the product is flying off the shelves fast and that it is no longer available online, so we suggest that you call up your local store before heading in to check if they have Mould Away Spray in stock.

After a chemical-free alternative? Well, say no more! Check out this DIY method for removing dirt, mould and grime from your front load dishwasher in the video down below!

Credit: YouTube/Natural Remedies By Tracy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
The $2.59 “MIRACLE” Aldi hack for removing dirt buildup in your washing machine that everyone is raving about — “OMG the best!”

Let's be honest, oftentimes we don't really inspect every spot of our appliances for dirt and grime, especially the areas that don't affect the machine's performance or aren’t visible to the naked eye.

One of the spots that we often overlook when it comes to cleanliness is the door of a washing machine — a spot that is extremely susceptible to dirt and mould buildup as moisture encourages the crumbs from your clothes to stick to the sides of your front loader machine.

Seeing a mouldy rubber seal around the door of a washing machine is common for most households so it's not surprising that owners of the front loader appliance are often not bothered to give them a clean.

But a dirty washing machine means dirty clothes. So, if you are looking for an affordable, hassle-free hack to get rid of the stubborn mould from your washing machine, then we've got fantastic news for you!

ALDI fan Kylee took to Facebook to reveal her little-known hack for removing the dirt buildup from her washing machine.

In her post, she revealed that she's been using a roll of paper towel and Aldi's $2.59 Mould Away spray to remove the mould without having to spend much time scraping it all off!.

iU6K1NMtruucAseEklf4ytPVvCIRhYm80P1HYNimYqafu6Pp9j8ol0Ad2U0BIwF9uVGMyQr0-wcGH41qcZKs9YsxrwEi3ZMc8Tt1BTD-SOh4IpNazTMqG4QQeQ5DFoZs98JPjUk
2iQab3ZSyI79OUPHcVP-jc29yuqiLEG3R5Gmpa6CHaAxp_eQrtAMKbfBp74ea2iEn6mXlwRPK7p4jC2Ahzl0Xq6H_NuDGSTFkamEI0e54-d_Y9Sb8qpla6C_MxAXCOPx31_0utc

“Before and after pics of cleaning the mould off the rubber seal on my washing machine,” Kylee wrote on the Aldi Mums Facebook page.

For those of you worried about the product damaging the seal in your washing machine, Kylee said that Mould Away has never caused any damage to her washing machine despite using the product repeatedly.

“I’ve done this a few times now and haven't noticed any damage to the rubber, I don’t do it regularly, about once a year I suppose,” she said.

NJfNML9jVdrfREadPYU0XlG9DEH0Is5iu62hRwxKCZAR9R1FoA2autVy8o8ey2be34kWiRdvcOZQpfaPElITbDSOivSzF93QHGktta3RHDj40RMK_ImQ6kGGdbnIJsShO_uGKBk

The $2.59 Mould Away spray is said to remove tough dirt buildup inside your washing machine effortlessly. Credit: Aldi.

Facebook users swooned over the hack, with many expressing their excitement to give it a try.

One user wrote: “Oh wow! I was ready to call a repairman to put in a new rubber seal, but I think I’ll try this first. Thanks for sharing.”

Others shared their own hacks for cleaning away and preventing stubborn mould from their washing machines!

One woman wrote: “Only have a little spot mark of mould on mine as I wipe it with a dry cloth every time I’ve finished washing and always leave the door open.”

“Always wipe the rim and leave the door a bit open after each load. No mould,” another advised.

A third added: “Worked a treat, it looks great. When I got my new machine I was told to always leave the door open a little and the detergent tray open to avoid the mould (building up).”

“I wash my machine once a month on the cleaning cycle with a dishwashing Tablet. Comes up like new,” quipped another.

It is understood that stock of the product is flying off the shelves fast and that it is no longer available online, so we suggest that you call up your local store before heading in to check if they have Mould Away Spray in stock.

After a chemical-free alternative? Well, say no more! Check out this DIY method for removing dirt, mould and grime from your front load dishwasher in the video down below!

I have been using a top loader forever and my mother before that and I can honestly say I have never had to clean out any mould so I don't know what Kylee is doing to get that mould build up. I live in a humid climate (during summer) so I always leave the lid up after the last load to let it dry out. When it comes to cleaning Vinegar is my go to.

I have been using a top loader forever and my mother before that and I can honestly say I have never had to clean out any mould so I don't know what Kylee is doing to get that mould build up. I live in a humid climate (during summer) so I always leave the lid up after the last load to let it dry out. When it comes to cleaning Vinegar is my go to.
As Kylee stated, she uses a front loader. They are notorious for getting gungy on the bottom of the door seal. Dirt fall in there & the water & if they aren't wiped out every last load they can quickly get mouldy.

I always leave the door open on my washing machine and use kitchen wipes on the my rubber seal works a treat
I have had a front loader for over 10 years. It still works a treat and I love it! The secrets are... always, always wipe the door and rubber with a moist microfibre cloth, leave door open till it is dry, and leave the detergent draw open till it is dry! Especially...clean the filter after every wash you will be amazed how much water drains away. Please believe me it works. I have learnt the hard way...

I have a front loader, leave the door open, wipe the seal after use but most of all use vinegar as the rinse aid/fabric softener....no problems.
Yep! don't fully close the door and wipe out wet detergent dispenser, and clean filter occasionally and no need to spend any more. Most of these products you just for the lazy can't be bothered. But if you have the money go ahead.

Reactions: Defiant540
Hmm lot's for this mere male to try, as I've never given it a thought. So black on the rubber seal is mould.. wow!.. another job to do.

• Haha
Reactions: Julie1 and Lindyloo
Never, ever had mould on my washing machine!!
Just takes a couple of minutes to wipe it clean every time the washing is done. I could never let the machine get to that stage
😝

Reactions: Lindyloo
I have a front loader and I wash at night before bed. I then leave the door open over night and it is dry in the morning. I leave the door slightly ajar and never close it tight. No problems with mould.

Hi, my sister always used sodi bicarbonate in the machine with her regular washing liquid or powder, and always put white vinegar in the rinse section of the machine= clean clothes and clean machine. Brilliant.
I do too now.
Cheers....

Reactions: MummaG

Hi, my sister always used sodi bicarbonate in the machine with her regular washing liquid or powder, and always put white vinegar in the rinse section of the machine= clean clothes and clean machine. Brilliant.
I do too now.
Cheers....
I always leave the lid up once I have finished washing and then close the lid when the tub is dry

I do too now.
Cheers....

I'm just about to move house and will have to buy a new washing machine. I Will definitely be buying a top loader and not a front loader. I have seen enough of what my sister has gone through having a front loader and it has put me of from buying one for life

Can this be used for front loaders