The ‘Rocky Road Off’: Who Wins The Battle Of The Best Rocky Road?

Note from the Editor:
This incredible comparison of store bought vs. homemade rocky road is brought to you by the wonderful member Diane L.

I have been making Rocky Road since 1992. I went to a Tupperware party cooking demonstration and one of the things they were showcasing was the Rocky Road

This is the original recipe **

Rocky Road

Ingredients
375 Nestle Chocolate Melts, 125g crushed nuts, 250g white & pink marshmallows, 1 packet soft jelly jubes

Method
Chop jubes and marshmallows into smaller pieces
Melt chocolate until just runny but not hot (either in microwave with 30 second bursts or in bowl over boiling water)
Place all dry ingredients in a bowl
Pour melted chocolate over dry ingredients and mix well
Place in a large flat container which has been lined with greaseproof paper and flatten the chocolate mixture.
Put lid on and place in freezer for approximately 20 minutes
Take out of freezer and cut into squares
Serve

When I started work in the government in 2006 I used to take this Rocky Road in when we had a morning tea. There were a few people that were allergic to nuts so that is when I changed the recipe to the one I am using now

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Note from the Editor:
This incredible comparison of store bought vs. homemade rocky road is brought to you by the wonderful member Diane L.

I have been making Rocky Road since 1992. I went to a Tupperware party cooking demonstration and one of the things they were showcasing was the Rocky Road

** Rocky Road

Reactions: Penny4
Note from the Editor:

Rocky Road

Ingredients
375 Nestle Chocolate Melts, 125g crushed nuts, 250g white & pink marshmallows, 1 packet soft jelly jubes

Method
Chop jubes and marshmallows into smaller pieces
Melt chocolate until just runny but not hot (either in microwave with 30 second bursts or in bowl over boiling water)
Place all dry ingredients in a bowl
Pour melted chocolate over dry ingredients and mix well
Place in a large flat container which has been lined with greaseproof paper and flatten the chocolate mixture.
Put lid on and place in freezer for approximately 20 minutes
Take out of freezer and cut into squares
Serve

When I started work in the government in 2006 I used to take this Rocky Road in when we had a morning tea. There were a few people that were allergic to nuts so that is when I changed the recipe to the one I am using now

I love Rocky Road and only have my homemade one . I usually add Lindt dark chocolate 85 % and mix with a little milk chocolate , only buy it when on sale , still expensive and lately have used the Chocour dark chocolate from Aldi as it is a lot cheaper . I use sometimes Turkish delight or I cut up red licorice . I also add macadamian nuts , coconut and gluten-free shortbread biscuits . And of course mars mellows . I cut everything in small pieces , melt the chocolate in a slow oven .
It is a favorite with most of my family and friends as it has a crunch ,softness of the mars mellows and chewy of the licorice , so it is like a piece of heaven . I keep it in the freezer and only take out what I think I need . My freezer has a small section which freezes about 3 degrees and that is just perfect. I once looked at some store bought Rocky Road and it is mainly a large marsh mellow with a thin layer of chocolate , just not worse the price you pay for it.

• Wow
Reactions: Jarred Santos
I never liked Turkish Delight here in Australia so when we were visiting Turkey my late husband brought some there and it's a hundred percent better tasting. Different taste all together.
My sister inlaw always sends it from Greece, which I get in a box and has 3 different colours

Sorry people. You only thought you tried the best. The absolute best is the rocky road made and sold by Just Sweets Australia. Yes they are a little expensive, but they are worth the money. Just Sweets is in Victoria, and they sell through ebay. https://www.ebay.com.au/str/justsweetsaus?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l2563 will take you to their shop. It comes in various size packs. Read the label. They list the main ingredients, you can get honeycomb, coconut, Turkish delight etc. If the label doesn't mention peanuts, they are peanut free. I could never go back, after having these.

Sorry people. You only thought you tried the best. The absolute best is the rocky road made and sold by Just Sweets Australia. Yes they are a little expensive, but they are worth the money. Just Sweets is in Victoria, and they sell through ebay. https://www.ebay.com.au/str/justsweetsaus?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l2563 will take you to their shop. It comes in various size packs. Read the label. They list the main ingredients, you can get honeycomb, coconut, Turkish delight etc. If the label doesn't mention peanuts, they are peanut free. I could never go back, after having these. They sell multi boxes. You can get dairy milk choc, white choc and dark choc. There are mounds of flavours.