Terrifying home invasion turns violent: Three victims face head-chopping threat

Content warning: This article mentions physical violence against the elderly, which some might find upsetting. Reader’s discretion is advised.

In the quiet of night, when the world seems to be at rest, the last thing anyone expects is their sanctuary to be breached.

But for one family in the northern Adelaide suburb of Munno Para, their home became the scene of a nightmare that unfolded with chilling threats and brutal violence.

At approximately 1:15 am on a seemingly peaceful Saturday, the Andelkovic household was thrust into terror as three masked men forced their way through an unlocked door.

The assailants, shrouded in the anonymity of balaclavas, unleashed a wave of violence that would leave three family members, including a 78-year-old man awaiting hip replacement surgery, with severe injuries.

1723418122298.png
Three people, including a 78-year-old awaiting hip surgery, were allegedly assaulted during a violent home invasion in Munno Para. Credit: Google Maps

Bobby Andelkovic, 51, recounted the harrowing ordeal, describing how the intruders brandished a blunt machete, which they used to wound his father's thigh grievously.

His aunt, 61-year-old Tania, suffered a punch that resulted in a brain clot, while his elderly uncle, confined to a wheelchair, could only watch as the chaos unfolded around him.

The brutality of the attack was underscored by the vile threats uttered by one of the attackers, who menacingly told Mr Andelkovic, 'I'll chop your f****** head off.'

‘I heard a commotion as they came into the house, and when they saw me, they started yelling, asking me where the money was, and then they started bashing me up,’ he said.

‘There was blood everywhere – they used their blunt machete to chop my dad's thigh in half. There was just blood on the bed and the floor.'

The assault, which lasted an agonising 20 minutes, ended with the invaders leaving a trail of destruction in their wake, including shattered glass and a hole in the wall.

Mr Andelkovic himself sustained a litany of injuries, including a black eye, fractured nose, jaw, and ribs, as well as bruised and swollen limbs.

In the aftermath, the family was rushed to the hospital.

The question of why this had happened to them hung heavily in the air, with police suggesting the family may have been specifically targeted.

However, Mr Andelkovic did not recognise the men or their voices.

According to the family, the only item missing was an ID card.

The community is now on high alert, and the suspects remain large. Authorities are urging anyone with information to come forward and contact Crime Stoppers.

In related news, Mark Smedley, a 63-year-old grandfather, was reportedly assaulted with a scooter at an intersection in Christies Beach, Adelaide.

The attack resulted in severe injuries, including a fractured skull.

Witnesses described the incident as unprovoked and brutal, with some initially fearing that Mark had died. For further details, click here.
Key Takeaways
  • Three people, including a 78-year-old man awaiting hip replacement surgery, were allegedly assaulted during a violent home invasion in Munno Para, Adelaide.
  • The assailants allegedly utilised a blunt machete and other forms of violence, causing severe injuries to the victims.
  • The 51-year-old victim, Bobby Andelkovic, described a harrowing scene of bloodshed and assault as he tried to protect his elderly father.
  • While nothing was reportedly stolen apart from one ID card, the victims were left severely injured, and the police have urged anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers as the suspects remain at large.
Have you or someone you know experienced a similar situation? How did you cope, and what steps have you taken to enhance your home security since then? Your insights could be invaluable to fellow members seeking to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Sponsored
Not Albanese!

The Parliament is. And who is a part of the Parliament? King Charles, who is represented by the Governor-General, the House of Representatives and the Senate. Albanese is not the Parliament, just a minor part of it.
AS he is the leader at the moment then he does have a certain responsibility that he can't shy away from as much he would like to. As for the Monarchy and the GG we have no say in that? Unfortunately, Albo is one of those atypical politicians that have a knack for excepting everything but the responsibility.

Individual states have their own police force who "enforce" the law. Those laws come under the individual states' Crimes Acts or something similar. Individual states have their own local and district/county courts to deal in criminal matters. These matters are not dealt with by the Federal Court of Australia who mainly deal with taxation, corporate, human rights, intellectual property, industrial relation, consumer, immigration and native title law. This list is by no means comprehensive.

You won't see an offender face a Federal Court on a charge of aggravated assault. So in a nutshell, the Prime Minister from any persuasion has no business in a crime committed which does not fit the examples given above. More like the individual states' Attorney-General.

Blame the government for stupid people? LOL seriously! How about blame it on the drug addicts that engage in such activities. No vaccine for stupid. There would be no market for these criminals if people didn’t buy it.
And yet again, never let the truth get in the way of a good story! Or make judgements without facts. Usually, there is more to the story!
Google the” VICTIM"—Bobby Andelkovic—and look at nine.com.au for the visual.
It was not a random attack. Smacks of drugs and money owed.
Crystal meth or some such drug
The 'invaders are saying, "Where's the money?"
The ‘victim’ brought this into his family’s home.
You do realise age is not a barrier to being a criminal, right? In fact, most Ice/Meth addicts are actually the older generation. Believe it or not!
Moral of the story: Hang around with dogs, expect to catch fleas! Don't cry about it! Which dog is the scummiest? I can’t choose.
Unless you are buying or selling drugs or part of a crime gang - you are probably safe from such people as these. Which organised crime gang do they work for? … a lot to choose from.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Veggiepatch
Becoming unsafe in this country to go out for walk or even stay home. Thanks Albo this is your fault.
How is it Albo's fault? Most ridiculous statement I have read, in a long time. Criminals are no one's fault other than their own natures. Stop using this site a a political forum for your inane ideas.

Reactions: Knell
“Forced their way in through an unlocked door” Who leaves any door unlocked in this day and age, especially at that time of the morning? This is not excusing these low life scum who committed this horrible crime against older residents of this home. Hopefully they will be caught and locked up for life. There is no place in our society for violent criminals.

I do hope these poor excuses for humans are caught….and I want to hope that they will receive a sentence that makes a strong enough example that sends a strong message to others of their ilk…. Those elder victims will wear the physical and mental scars for the rest of their lives……I think they will never feel safe in their own home again, and they will likely live in fear every day and jump at shadows…….It‘s appalling that this can happen and if caught, an easy sentence given….What kind of message does that send out to similarly minded criminals 🤷‍♀️ :(:mad:
However, if it’s true what Knell wrote, then I have no sympathy whatsoever……dealing in dangerous stuff attracts dangerous situations….don’t deal in dangerous stuff…

Last edited:
Blame the government for stupid people? LOL seriously! How about blame it on the drug addicts that engage in such activities. No vaccine for stupid. There would be no market for these criminals if people didn’t buy it.
And yet again, never let the truth get in the way of a good story! Or make judgements without facts. Usually, there is more to the story!
Google the” VICTIM"——and look at nine.com.au for the visual.
You do realise age is not a barrier to being a criminal, right? In fact, most Ice/Meth addicts are actually the older generation. Believe it or not!
Moral of the story: Hang around with dogs, expect to catch fleas! Don't cry about it! Which dog is the scummiest? I can’t choose.
Unless you are buying or selling drugs or part of a crime gang - you are probably safe from such people as these. Which organised crime gang do they work for? … a lot to choose from.
You just did!

A bit of a generalisation right here! In the Channel Nine footage, there is no reference to drugs. Is that assumption based on the tattoos on Bobby Andelkovic's face, neck and arms? Using that as a yardstick as to who is a drug dealer, that makes someone like Guy Sebastian a dealer. My younger daughter has multiple tattoos and she is squeaky clean, unlike her father. And I am a complete cleanskin. Work that one out!

Google the” VICTIM"—Bobby Andelkovic—and look at nine.com.au for the visual.
“In fact, most Ice/Meth addicts are actually the older generation. Believe it or not!”

Really?!? Where do you get your information from? Unfortunately I know a number of meth addicts and they started in their teens and continuing today in their 20’s. 😞

From what you’ve written, you judge before getting the facts. Do you honestly believe Google and the media only present the facts?

You think you have the answers, but you have no idea what you’re talking about. Do some proper and proven research before making such inane statements.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
WHEN MY DEAR FATHER WAS ALIVE 23YEARS AGO HE SAID THEN... THE LAW IN THIS COUNTRY IS RUN BY MICKEY MOUSE! ID HATE TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD SAY TODAY.