Teens take off for Schoolies, and this flight attendant reveals the gross reality of their behaviour

It's that time of year again! The time when Australian high school students celebrate the end of their schooling with a week-long party on the Gold Coast.

Every year, thousands of teenagers descend on the popular Queensland city to let loose and enjoy their newfound freedom. And while most Schoolies are well-behaved, there are always a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone.

Case in point: this ‘chaotic’ Virgin Australia flight prompted a flight attendant to share a video revealing the disrespectful aftermath of a packed plane full of Schoolies returning home after their celebrations.

Flight attendant Ashlee Rogers filmed the inside of the aircraft she was taking care of after it arrived in Brisbane from the Gold Coast. And what she found was far from pleasant.

Ashlee Rogers, a flight attendant for Virgin Australia, showed her 388,000 followers on TikTok with a messy picture of the inside of a plane, which was supposedly caused by the teens flying on it.

64760557-11451221-image-a-12_1668998088420.jpg

As hundreds of students depart for the end-of-the-year parties, a flight attendant demonstrated how obscene a plane full of Schoolies can get. Credit: TikTok.

The photo shows a huge pile of discarded and crushed chips under one of the seats, accompanied by an empty bag. And clearly, the chips were not the teenagers' choice for in-flight snacks…

'Could've just said they didn't want the chips,' Ashlee wrote on the video, which has already amassed 390k views and dozens of comments from viewers who are aghast that some people cannot even respect a shared space.

While this is not the first time that Ms Rogers has exposed passengers for leaving planes in a disgusting condition, this particular incident occurred as a result of young people coming to and from the Gold Coast during the school holiday period.

Even the aisles and more secluded parts of the plane were left trashed by the unruly and unsupervised teens coming on board the flight.

64760555-11451221-image-a-20_1668998267650.jpg

Similar sights were witnessed last month on another Virgin flight to the Gold Coast. Credit: TikTok.

While the flight attendant was cleaning up the mess the school leavers left in their wake, Ashlee decided to film the aftermath and post it to her social media account.

Even the seats and seat backs were littered with food and uneaten snacks, including red powder that looks like salt. A sheet full of stickers was ripped into pieces, with Ashlee noting that a child must have put them on the underside of the bathroom floor.

The flight attendant also noted that the vacuum onboard the Virgin flight was not strong enough to clean up all of the mess.

The clip showing the 'aftermath' of the flight has since been taken down.

Key Takeaways

• A flight attendant has shown just how disgusting a plane can get when it's packed full of teenagers celebrating the end of their schooling.
  • The video, posted to TikTok, showed a huge pile of crushed chips left behind underneath one seat, with the entire bag seemingly emptied across the carpet.
  • Similarly, disgusting scenes were seen on another Virgin flight to the Gold Coast last month.

And even though the mess wasn't entirely the teens fault, it is still important that young people of this generation learn the difference between public and private spaces.

Every passenger should at the very least be responsible for cleaning up after themselves, if not for their fellow passengers, then to simply help staff keep things clean and organised. This way, nobody has to spend as much time cleaning up after others.

So, there you have it, folks! Not all air travel stories are pleasant, but if you're ever on one of these planes, we encourage you to try your best to not let the mess get the best of you. Just have a few laughs and take it in stride!

Sponsored
None of my 13 kids ever attended schoolies, it was one of those things that was never negotiable.

My kids have been taught respect and that goes to respecting other people's belongings and surrounding areas but unfortunately when kids are in large groups things change, including behaviour, drinking and drug taking

And these are our future politicians, teachers, doctors, nurses and lawyers. People that one day need to be trusted, and yet we know they are nothing more then disrespectful, obnoxious, filthy little grubs.
Can you imagine how the live and behave at home and school? And yet society and their parents allow this behaviour, bring back the strap and the cane, it’s time to teach these little buggers a lesson.
Our youths are totally out of control and something needs to be done about it.

It's that time of year again! The time when Australian high school students celebrate the end of their schooling with a week-long party on the Gold Coast.

Every year, thousands of teenagers descend on the popular Queensland city to let loose and enjoy their newfound freedom. And while most Schoolies are well-behaved, there are always a few bad apples that ruin it for everyone.

Case in point: this ‘chaotic’ Virgin Australia flight prompted a flight attendant to share a video revealing the disrespectful aftermath of a packed plane full of Schoolies returning home after their celebrations.

Flight attendant Ashlee Rogers filmed the inside of the aircraft she was taking care of after it arrived in Brisbane from the Gold Coast. And what she found was far from pleasant.

Ashlee Rogers, a flight attendant for Virgin Australia, showed her 388,000 followers on TikTok with a messy picture of the inside of a plane, which was supposedly caused by the teens flying on it.

As hundreds of students depart for the end-of-the-year parties, a flight attendant demonstrated how obscene a plane full of Schoolies can get. Credit: TikTok.

The photo shows a huge pile of discarded and crushed chips under one of the seats, accompanied by an empty bag. And clearly, the chips were not the teenagers' choice for in-flight snacks…

'Could've just said they didn't want the chips,' Ashlee wrote on the video, which has already amassed 390k views and dozens of comments from viewers who are aghast that some people cannot even respect a shared space.

While this is not the first time that Ms Rogers has exposed passengers for leaving planes in a disgusting condition, this particular incident occurred as a result of young people coming to and from the Gold Coast during the school holiday period.

Even the aisles and more secluded parts of the plane were left trashed by the unruly and unsupervised teens coming on board the flight.

Similar sights were witnessed last month on another Virgin flight to the Gold Coast. Credit: TikTok.

While the flight attendant was cleaning up the mess the school leavers left in their wake, Ashlee decided to film the aftermath and post it to her social media account.

Even the seats and seat backs were littered with food and uneaten snacks, including red powder that looks like salt. A sheet full of stickers was ripped into pieces, with Ashlee noting that a child must have put them on the underside of the bathroom floor.

The flight attendant also noted that the vacuum onboard the Virgin flight was not strong enough to clean up all of the mess.

Key Takeaways

• A flight attendant has shown just how disgusting a plane can get when it's packed full of teenagers celebrating the end of their schooling.
  • The video, posted to TikTok, showed a huge pile of crushed chips left behind underneath one seat, with the entire bag seemingly emptied across the carpet.
  • Similarly, disgusting scenes were seen on another Virgin flight to the Gold Coast last month.

And even though the mess wasn't entirely the teens fault, it is still important that young people of this generation learn the difference between public and private spaces.

Every passenger should at the very least be responsible for cleaning up after themselves, if not for their fellow passengers, then to simply help staff keep things clean and organised. This way, nobody has to spend as much time cleaning up after others.

So, there you have it, folks! Not all air travel stories are pleasant, but if you're ever on one of these planes, we encourage you to try your best to not let the mess get the best of you. Just have a few laughs and take it in stride!
Absolutely disrespectable behaviour from anyone, regardless of whom did it. Let's be honest and call "Schoolies " for what it is. A "commercial state ratified under-age illegal drinking and drugged fuelled party". I lived on the Gold Coast for 5 years, so first hand experience. For the most part school leavers are not monitored in the general community, leaving young drunk and drugged people to roam and disrupt other's and worst.

Please explain. Was the flight from the Gold Coast to Brisbane?
The waiting / boarding / flight time for this trip against other form of transport would not be practicable.

Reactions: Ricci
And these are our future politicians, teachers, doctors, nurses and lawyers. People that one day need to be trusted, and yet we know they are nothing more then disrespectful, obnoxious, filthy little grubs.
Can you imagine how the live and behave at home and school? And yet society and their parents allow this behaviour, bring back the strap and the cane, it’s time to teach these little buggers a lesson.
Our youths are totally out of control and something needs to be done about it.
Scary thought that one day these people may be in any of those positions. Time for the events to end if they can't respect the opportunities they have been given.

I have just read an article on the World Cup match recently involving Japan,the Japanese supporters cleaned their section of the stands before they left and the players left their dressing room immaculate even leaving Origami on the massage table.We can all take a lesson from this.

Went to see Cinderella on Saturday. It was a matinee so loads of children. Got up at the intermission and had to walk through popcorn boxes, lolly wrappers, lollies etc on the floor. When I returned to my seat noticed the rubbish was around an adult with a couple of young children who were now eating something else and dropping things on the floor. The adult didn't care so assuming the kids have not been taught.
We picked up the box and any drink cups as we moved out but pity the poor cleaners.

Unfortunately it doesn’t necessarily have to be teens that leave planes like this. I had to travel to the uk earlier this year as my mother in law passed away and each flight we got off had a disgraceful mess - food blankets paper tissues cups headphones, you name it, littered under the seats - and the majority of travellers were adults !!!!

None of my 13 kids ever attended schoolies, it was one of those things that was never negotiable.

My kids have been taught respect and that goes to respecting other people's belongings and surrounding areas but unfortunately when kids are in large groups things change, including behaviour, drinking and drug taking
Mothers of large families are awesome, we had 5 children and before we left the house they were once again given our ground rules on how they should behave in public, they never embraced us and have grown to be amazing adults. You are a champion.

Key Takeaways

Not just in planes. We saw this in a movie theatre on the Gold Coast as well. Two young ladies, one 20 odd and the other a young teen, left their seats and floor in a disgusting state.

Rubbish, drink containers and mess everywhere. Had we seen it before they left we would have said something....and probably would have copped an earful back.

My home is along the walking route to the local high school and primary school.
Daily, I have food wrappers, drink containers, lolly wrappers and banana skins dropped outside my home, on the the nature strip or shoved into my letterbox.
There's a public park at the bottom of the street.
I am dismayed that adults and youth have such little respect for the environment.
Maybe it portrays that they don't respect themselves.
If I stand outside my home after school, they don't drop it outside my place, but next door.
Then the rubbish blows down to my place.
Seems I can't win.

I have just read an article on the World Cup match recently involving Japan,the Japanese supporters cleaned their section of the stands before they left and the players left their dressing room immaculate even leaving Origami on the massage table.We can all take a lesson from this.
I too saw the article complete with pictures. This is the type of behavior that should be posted and talked about and not these grubs willing to live like pigs in s**t. Admittedly once again it's the minority ruining it for the all but changes need to be made. :(

Mothers of large families are awesome, we had 5 children and before we left the house they were once again given our ground rules on how they should behave in public, they never embraced us and have grown to be amazing adults. You are a champion.
What I love is I now sit back and see my daughters teaching their children the same way as I did. Not so much my sons

Key Takeaways

Many years ago I managed an accommodation block of units and we had to charge a special bond for Schoolies week and I had to remove a tennant that had a boyfriend in her room after 10 pm which was against the rules and most likely would have not even been noticed but this one delta one oscar tango decided to see what a stubbie looked like when dropped from the tenth floor unfortunately the projectile hit a women on the shoulder and the police were called and thus the girl had to leave and forfieted her bond. It was a special bond soley for schoolies?