Rose855

Aug 10, 2023
Targeting Seniors and the Disabled

If you get a phone call from a mature aged female asking you to undertake a survey about the health of people in your household, tell her politely to get stuffed!!!!! Unfortunately, I did not and three months later the same lady rings me back and says she has a consultant in my area and would like to know if the consultant can come to meet with me to discuss my health compared to what it was when I did the survey. Again, if you have got to this stage, PLEASE say NO! Again unfortunately, I did not. The consultant arrived and was so assertive and overbearing. I was weeks away from the first anniversary of losing my husband and was very vulnerable. She was aware of this but was relentless. She left without discussing my health and $2,000.00 of my money and a debt of $50.00 per fortnight for two years and the biggest problem I have ever purchased. The first chair was so small, and I am a big lady, which the salesperson saw, and it blew its motor in 4 days. They then sent a much larger chair and the litany of problems continued. Finally, one night I fell asleep and was woken by my carer at 6.15pm and as soon as she opened the door, I asked her to look at my back as it was suddenly so painful. She looked and got me to go straight into my bathroom where she applied first aide. The heating pad had malfunctioned and burnt me. My doctor confirmed the next morning that it was indeed a burn in an almost perfect square, just like the heating pad. The company refuses to accept any liability and one of the "no win no fee" solicitors that advertise currently decided if there was no ongoing damage, they could not take the case, and the anxiety and emotional and physical pain I have undergone - well who cares? I just want you to tell as many people as possible that if you get that first phone call - please hang up.

If you get a phone call from a mature aged female asking you to undertake a survey about the health of people in your household, tell her politely to get stuffed!!!!! Unfortunately, I did not and three months later the same lady rings me back and says she has a consultant in my area and would like to know if the consultant can come to meet with me to discuss my health compared to what it was when I did the survey. Again, if you have got to this stage, PLEASE say NO! Again unfortunately, I did not. The consultant arrived and was so assertive and overbearing. I was weeks away from the first anniversary of losing my husband and was very vulnerable. She was aware of this but was relentless. She left without discussing my health and $2,000.00 of my money and a debt of $50.00 per fortnight for two years and the biggest problem I have ever purchased. The first chair was so small, and I am a big lady, which the salesperson saw, and it blew its motor in 4 days. They then sent a much larger chair and the litany of problems continued. Finally, one night I fell asleep and was woken by my carer at 6.15pm and as soon as she opened the door, I asked her to look at my back as it was suddenly so painful. She looked and got me to go straight into my bathroom where she applied first aide. The heating pad had malfunctioned and burnt me. My doctor confirmed the next morning that it was indeed a burn in an almost perfect square, just like the heating pad. The company refuses to accept any liability and one of the "no win no fee" solicitors that advertise currently decided if there was no ongoing damage, they could not take the case, and the anxiety and emotional and physical pain I have undergone - well who cares? I just want you to tell as many people as possible that if you get that first phone call - please hang up.
I also forgot to ask you, if you know of anyone else who has fallen prey to these vultures, please let me know. If I can get enough people together we could be looking at a class action lawsuit. Thank you.

Goodness... This is just absolutely infuriating and heartbreaking. I'm SO sorry to hear that you went through this, and thank you for being brave enough to share your story with us in hopes of preventing others from the same fate.

It has reached the point where you can't trust anybody anymore. Little wonder that young people these days are battling mental health issues that, once upon a time, we thought we had under control.
I sincerely hope you find enough people to raise that class action and take the b*****ds to the cleaners!!!

It has reached the point where you can't trust anybody anymore. Little wonder that young people these days are battling mental health issues that, once upon a time, we thought we had under control.
I sincerely hope you find enough people to raise that class action and take the b*****ds to the cleaners!!!
Thank you, your understanding and support is appreciated. Rose.

• Love
Reactions: Bridgit
I am on DO NOT CALL LIST
Unfortunately politicians, charities and research are allowed to call you.
I am on that list too and I am driven mad by telemarketers whose companies buy lists of phone numbers and do not even know where to look for the do not call register. And anyway, why should politicians, charities and research organisations be allowed to bother people. We pay for phones as a convenience for us not for them. I make it a point to tell them this and that on principle, I now will not purchase anything from the company they are representing as they did not respect my wishes, I therefore will not respect theirs.

Reactions: Bridgit and Ricki
I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible time you've been through but would like to thank you for the warning.
Hope you are feeling better soon 💕

Reactions: Ricki
Maybe buy a new landline phone /answering machine with Caller Identification, and enter everyone's phone number and name you want to talk to. And simply dont answer any calls from numbers you dont know.
I get lots of scam calls and I dont answer any. If someone wants to talk to me from a strange number, they can leave a message.

Am in total agreement with you, I never answer calls that are unfamiliar on land line and mobile. If they don't leave A message, why did they bother?

I am So So Sorry For You 🫂 These rotten Scammers are the Pits! Something should be done to STOP People like these.🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: Jo Piper3