SUMMER FRUIT CLAFOUTIS

Clafoutis is one of the easiest French desserts you can make. It’s simply fruit baked
in a flan-like custard. You can use any fruit in season – apricots, plums, peaches,
strawberries or cherries. I have also made this numerous times in winter using
drained tinned fruit. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or yoghurt.

Ingredients:

500g fruit, stoned and halved
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla extract 3 eggs
icing sugar to serve

Method:

• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a baking dish with a 2 litre
capacity. Or smaller dishes
• Place the fruit, cut side up, in the prepared dish.
• Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and beat until well combined, then
pour over the fruit.
• Bake for 35–40 minutes or until puffed and set in the middle.
• Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Serves: 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
homemade-apricot-clafoutis-traditional-summer-french-sweet-fruit-pie_331309-1651.jpg

Sponsored
Clafoutis is one of the easiest French desserts you can make. It’s simply fruit baked
in a flan-like custard. You can use any fruit in season – apricots, plums, peaches,
strawberries or cherries. I have also made this numerous times in winter using
drained tinned fruit. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or yoghurt.

Ingredients:

500g fruit, stoned and halved
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla extract 3 eggs
icing sugar to serve

Method:

• Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a baking dish with a 2 litre
capacity. Or smaller dishes
• Place the fruit, cut side up, in the prepared dish.
• Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and beat until well combined, then
pour over the fruit.
• Bake for 35–40 minutes or until puffed and set in the middle.
• Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Serves: 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
View attachment 18369
This is the first time I've heard of this dish, but it looks absolutely delicious. :D I wanna make this later today. Can I use white sugar instead of caster sugar? @Suzanne rose

This is the first time I've heard of this dish, but it looks absolutely delicious. :D I wanna make this later today. Can I use white sugar instead of caster sugar? @Suzanne rose
You can but using caster sugar the result will be a little lighter , if you don't have caster sugar you can blend white sugar in a food processor but becareful it doesn't blend too much

Clafoutis is a very famous French dessert, probably not mentioned or made too often in Australia though.

This recipe of yours Suzanne rose sounds very easy to make so I will try it some time soon with peach halves. Does it keep well in the fridge for a few days - there’s only my husband and myself to feed & we’re not big dessert eaters.

Clafoutis is a very famous French dessert, probably not mentioned or made too often in Australia though.

This recipe of yours Suzanne rose sounds very easy to make so I will try it some time soon with peach halves. Does it keep well in the fridge for a few days - there’s only my husband and myself to feed & we’re not big dessert eaters.
I would say 2 days

Reactions: Ezzy
Thanks Suzanne. I have some tinned apricot halves, so will use those when I get a chance to make it.
By the way, are your oven recipes for fan forced degree temperatures?
Most of my recipes are normal temperature unless I say fan-forced.
If your oven is fan-forced reduce it to 170 .

It is really easy and yummy. I try to change recipes to simplify them yet not take away from the taste