Streets scoops up a new look: Major overhaul leaves fans chilling for more!

Have you heard the scoop?

A famous Aussie ice cream brand has dropped a bombshell—they're making a major change!

Australia's beloved ice cream brand Streets, known for its delicious and nostalgic treats like Golden Gaytime and Paddle Pop, is set to surprise consumers with a significant packaging transformation that reflects a commitment to sustainability and ethical business practices.

In a move that aligns with the growing consumer demand for environmentally responsible products, Streets' parent company Unilever announced that starting in April, its ice cream products—including the luxurious Magnum and the classic Blue Ribbon—will feature the 'B Corp' logo on their packaging.

compressed-shutterstock_2419858791.jpeg
Starting in April, Streets ice cream will bear the ‘B Corp’ logo on its products. Credits: Shutterstock

This emblem is not just a design element; it's a badge of honour, signifying that the company has met ‘high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency’.

‘More than half of Australian consumers consider sustainability an important purchase criterion,’ Unilever Australia & New Zealand Head of B Corp David Dwyer remarked.

‘At the same time, many Australians are experiencing eco-paralysis—an overwhelming feeling they just don’t know where to start when it comes to having a positive impact.’

‘When you buy from B Corps, you support a better way of doing business and a better future for our planet and the people on it,’ he added.

The B Corp certification is a prestigious third-party endorsement granted by B Lab, a US-based non-profit organisation.

The 'B' stands for beneficial, indicating that the certified companies are not only in business to be the best in the world, but also to be the best for the world.

As of February 2024, the B Corp community has grown to include over 8,250 companies across the globe, with a presence in the US, Canada, and Australia.

Unilever is no stranger to the B Corp movement, with several of its other brands, such as Omo detergents, Hellmann's sauces, and TRESemme hair products, already sporting the B Corp logo.

This is not the first change we’ve seen on the ice cream shelves this year.

Recently, a major alteration on a popular supermarket ice cream sparked outrage among consumers. You can read more about this story here.
Key Takeaways
  • Streets ice cream, an iconic Australian brand, will introduce new packaging bearing the 'B Corp' logo on its products in April.
  • The new packaging reflected the company's commitment to meeting high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
  • Unilever ANZ Head of B Corp emphasised the importance of sustainability to Australian consumers and addressed the issue of eco-paralysis.
  • The B Corp certification, which Streets ice cream will carry, is part of a global movement of over 8,250 companies, signalling a push for a more sustainable and responsible business model.
What are your thoughts on Streets ice cream’s new look? Which is your favourite Streets ice cream? Share your thoughts and compare in the comments below.

Sponsored
At the risk of sounding like an old fogey, which I am, I’d just like to say that I’m fed up to the back teeth with the corporates and their virtue signalling. I could almost guarantee that the vast majority of people who are part of this Club are environmentally responsible, because that’s the way we were raised.

If Streets wants to change the wrapping on their products and join yet another virtue signalling group, it’s just mindless words. Their head honchos will fly thither and yon to conferences and then drive their EVs around to show us peasants on the ground how environmentally aware they are. The EVs that use literally tons of energy and resources to manufacture and produce more emissions than diesel vehicles.

The world’s going to hell in a handcart and Streets and other companies think changing the wrapper on their products is newsworthy.

Signed: A grumpy old lady.

At the risk of sounding like an old fogey, which I am, I’d just like to say that I’m fed up to the back teeth with the corporates and their virtue signalling. I could almost guarantee that the vast majority of people who are part of this Club are environmentally responsible, because that’s the way we were raised.

If Streets wants to change the wrapping on their products and join yet another virtue signalling group, it’s just mindless words. Their head honchos will fly thither and yon to conferences and then drive their EVs around to show us peasants on the ground how environmentally aware they are. The EVs that use literally tons of energy and resources to manufacture and produce more emissions than diesel vehicles.

The world’s going to hell in a handcart and Streets and other companies think changing the wrapper on their products is newsworthy.

well said

Agree👍

Some may remember that many years ago Streets Ice Cream used to be Walls Ice Cream, the style (font) changed slightly as well as the "swirls", so for 50 plus years it has been Streets and now they want to change it!! Who the hell got bored with the old style, sh!t let's hope they don't go the same way as Coles and Aldi "Flavoured Dessert" and take the cream out of Ice Cream!!!

It's just to be "in" with society of today, the woke folk and the do-gooders will be pleased Doesn't mean the product is going to be different or better for you . Ice cream buyers will probably have to fork out more money for the privilege of seeing the big B..

👏👏👏Totally agree!

I wouldn’t recognise my favourite ice cream if they changed it. What happened to “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”? Oh , and as for those folk who want to drive around in their electric cars, they apparently overload the local systems where the charging stations are and they cause power outages . I was in Spotlight the other day ,oops power off and was for the rest of the day. How long will businesses put up with that?

I wouldn’t recognise my favourite ice cream if they changed it. What happened to “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”? Oh , and as for those folk who want to drive around in their electric cars, they apparently overload the local systems where the charging stations are and they cause power outages . I was in Spotlight the other day ,oops power off and was for the rest of the day. How long will businesses put up with that?
👏👏👏