It's almost that time of year when magpies begin "swooping" at people in their territory. :giggle:
Oh thanks I must have been having a seniors moment 🤣
My magpies don’t swoop me they swoop all the other birds in my garden though.Ive been feeding them for years , my neighbours call me the “crazy magpie lady,” and I’ve got a t shirt that says it as well.🤣

Oh thanks I must have been having a seniors moment 🤣
My magpies don’t swoop me they swoop all the other birds in my garden though.Ive been feeding them for years , my neighbours call me the “crazy magpie lady,” and I’ve got a t shirt that says it as well.🤣
We used to feed them as well. They remember and don't swoop you at all. :D

Exactly feeding them now actually and the ravens and all the others, it’s like feeding time at the zoo around here.🤣
I normally don't feed wild birds, as much as I love them, but a couple of years back two magpies would visit every day, one with a twisted leg and the other had a missing foot.... couldn't resist.

I normally don't feed wild birds, as much as I love them, but a couple of years back two magpies would visit every day, one with a twisted leg and the other had a missing foot.... couldn't resist.
Mine only come during the breeding season then once the babies start looking after themselves they all nick off.Don’t know where they go but they come back every year without fail. Same with the ravens and kookaburras they all disappear, I just hope my baby seagull will go and find a mate she’s getting so big now. I call her flipper.sassy bitch taps on the window every morning for brekkie.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BeautifulMousey
To all you magpie feeders ... (some of you already know this) remember minced meat is not suitable for magpies. If you dont believe me please google it.
I make a yummy mince mix with cheese and rolled oats added to mine for them I was given this recipe when I was a wildlife carer.😊