Slow Cooked Beef Brisket

I love making meat where you can turn it into alot of amazing dishes.

I will cook this and
Day 1 ... serve with Mash potato and vegies
Day 2 .... shred it and have on brioche buns with salad

Slow-Cooker-BBQ-Beef-Brisket-2-2-1.jpg

Ingredients

• 1.5 – 2 kg beef brisket
  • 1 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil

RUB:

• 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp paprika powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 3/4 tsp mustard powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper

BBQ SAUCE:

• 2 garlic cloves , minced
  • 3/4 cup / 185 ml beef stock
  • 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp EACH black pepper, onion powder, mustard powder
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Instructions

• Mix Rub ingredients. Rub all over brisket. If time permits, leave for 30 minutes or 24 hours in the fridge,
  • Combine BBQ Sauce ingredients in a slow cooker. Mix then add the brisket –
  • Slow cook in slow cooker for 8 hours to 10 hours for 1.5 kg to 2 kg .
  • Remove brisket onto a tray.
  • Pour liquid thats in the slow cooker into a saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium high heat and reduce until it thickens to a syrup consistency (it thickens more as it cools).
  • Meanwhile, drizzle brisket with oil then roast in a 200 C 180 C Fan-forced oven for 15 minutes until brown spots appear. Remove then baste generously with Sauce, then return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove and baste again, then return to oven for 5 – 10 minutes until it caramelises and looks like the photo.
  • Let stand 5 minutes then either slice or shred

This turns out perfect every time.

Note : If you don't have a slow cooker then cook in an oven on 120 C or 100 fan-forced for 8 hours . Cover pan with foil

Last edited:
Sponsored
What I love with this recipe is beef brisket is a cheap cut if meat but slow cooked it becomes the best piece of meat, it just falls apart no need to cut it.
Sounds ideal for me at the moment. I have NO teeth as I'm waiting for dentures! :D
EDIT: I use chicken stock instead of apple cider.

Sounds ideal for me at the moment. I have NO teeth as I'm waiting for dentures! :D
EDIT: I use chicken stock instead of apple cider.
I also sometimes swap the vinegar for stock

When a recipe ask for wine or vinegar you can most of the time use any stock , beef, chicken or vegetable

I'm cooking this recipe today.

My delivery came a little late so I cooked the sauce on the stove and added it hot to the slow cooker
I will now cook it for 6 hours in the slow cooker then 1 hour in a 180 C oven then will follow the last bit of the recipe

Screenshot_20230903_101817_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230903_101836_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Rhondda@Benji
The oven version of Nagi's (Recipe Tin Eats) recipe, requires additional water - a must when adapting any Slow Cooker recipe to a conventional oven recipe. Here's Nagi's oven version of the recipe.
Note: If you check her original recipe online (recipetineats dot com/slow-cooker-beef-brisket-with-bb1-sauce/) you will also find instructions for cooking it in a pressure cooker; and how to finish it on a BBQ if you so desire. Nagi also provides advice on where to buy your meat for this recipe, and why; cooking times for different sized cuts of brisket; and instructions for making it ahead.
It's a great recipe, BTW. But I do use the Heinz Ketchup in Nagi's recipe - not tomato sauce (which is different to ketchup).

1693706836248.png

Attachments

• 1693706890706.png
    1693706890706.png
    319.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The oven version of Nagi's (Recipe Tin Eats) recipe, requires additional water - a must when adapting any Slow Cooker recipe to a conventional oven recipe. Here's Nagi's oven version of the recipe.
Note: If you check her original recipe online (recipetineats dot com/slow-cooker-beef-brisket-with-bb1-sauce/) you will also find instructions for cooking it in a pressure cooker; and how to finish it on a BBQ if you so desire. Nagi also provides advice on where to buy your meat for this recipe, and why; cooking times for different sized cuts of brisket; and instructions for making it ahead.
It's a great recipe, BTW. But I do use the Heinz Ketchup in Nagi's recipe - not tomato sauce (which is different to ketchup).

View attachment 28974
Stop it you people! You're making me hungry!