Silverbeet, leek and fetta slice

This protein-packed spring veggie slice makes a perfect healthy lunch or light dinner.

This is a perfect meal for me as I'm struggling eating meat and is a good form of protein

I will even 1/2 the recipe

• Prep 15m
  • Cook 40m
  • Serves 12

september20_silverbeet-leek-and-fetta-slice-taste-164301-1.jpg

recipe by taste

Ingredients​

• 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 leeks, pale section only, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
  • 2 bunches silverbeet trimmed, leaves and stems finely chopped
  • 180g Danish fetta, crumbled
  • 120g parmesan, finely grated
  • 150g self-raising flour
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
  • 1 handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
  • 1 handful mint leaves, finely chopped
  • Mint leaves, extra, to serve
  • Parsley leaves, extra, to serve
  • Mixed salad leaves, to serve

Method​

• Step 1
    Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Grease an 8-cup (2L) baking dish and line with baking paper. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the leek. Cook for 5 mins or until tender. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the silverbeet and cook, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until just tender. Transfer to the bowl with the leek. Set aside to cool slightly.
  • Step 2
    Add fetta and parmesan to silverbeet mixture in bowl. Sift in flour and stir until well combined. Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Add the egg mixture to silverbeet mixture. Stir to combine. Stir in chopped parsley and mint. Season.
  • Step 3
    Spoon silverbeet mixture into the prepared dish and smooth the surface. Bake for 30 mins or until slice is golden brown and cooked through. Set aside for 10 mins to cool before transferring to a chopping board. Cut into pieces. Sprinkle with extra mint and extra parsley. Serve with salad leaves.
Recipe notes

Boost the veg
Add even more veggies to this slice. Try coarsely grated carrot or coarsely grated zucchini, with the excess liquid squeezed out first.

Sponsored
I was going to make something similar last week but 4 leeks at $2.00 a leek works out $8.00 that’s what woollies was asking for last week,of course I didn’t bother making the slice 😳and I love leeks but not that much.🤣

I was going to make something similar last week but 4 leeks at $2.00 a leek works out $8.00 that’s what woollies was asking for last week,of course I didn’t bother making the slice 😳and I love leeks but not that much.🤣
I love leeks and grow them in a couple of pots. So easy. I also use the green leaves as they are nice. Also, people in apartments grow a few vegies in pots on their balconies. As long as they aren't on the top floor with wind gushes. lol

I love leeks and grow them in a couple of pots. So easy. I also use the green leaves as they are nice. Also, people in apartments grow a few vegies in pots on their balconies. As long as they aren't on the top floor with wind gushes. lol
Also 2 bunches of silver beet $10.00 and 8 eggs and 2 cheeses etc costs about $30.0o way out of my budget.🙁

Reactions: Penny4
Fair enough. I can get silver beet from my neighbour, plus she has chooks.
Yes I’m thinking of doing a small vegetable patch myself I’ve plenty of room it’d have to be cheaper than buying these veggies wouldn’t it.😳my neighbours got chooks but he doesn’t share.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Penny4
Yes I’m thinking of doing a small vegetable patch myself I’ve plenty of room it’d have to be cheaper than buying these veggies wouldn’t it.😳my neighbours got chooks but he doesn’t share.🤣
Maybe you can barter.

You know you can make 1/2 or even 1/4 of the recipe. This recipe serves 12

Maybe you can barter.

You know you can make 1/2 or even 1/4 of the recipe. This recipe serves 12
Yeah I wasn’t thinking thanks don’t know why were so expensive here and my neighbours mean. I dog sat his puppy for months while he was at work and didn’t even get a block of chocolate either scungy pig.🤣