I love reading my newsletter with all your great tips. We're so lucky you guys care about us and keep us up to date. I make my smoothie and settle into the lounge, trusty Samsung phone in hand, to what savings are to be had. Thanks heaps 💰💸

I just use my mobile phone to check my SDC, I like to make my life simple.
Normally I do that drinking a south-american hot drink call Mate, that in Australian slang it mean friend, companion and comrade. I use a gourd small container and a metal straw to drink it, this drink is starting to get very popular arround the world. Thanks for this oportiunity to share this with all of you.
Cheers everyone.17204893170337005451686325363166.jpg

I read my newsletter in the morning sitting at my desk looking at my computer, sometime cup of coffee, sometimes not, but I also read it again in the afternoon similar, but just incase I have missed something. AI always read it twiice a day.

I am 90 years old, my morning ritual to get up, make breakfast and coffee, sit down, turn my computer on to read my emails, read SDC email and then read my newspaper on line

Here I am, sitting on a very uncomfortable chair at my desk at home, wearing a beanie, two jumpers, trackie pants and a dressing gown, with a knee rug to keep me warm. reading your wonderful newsletter. You guessed it! I live in Melbourne!

IMG_0410.jpegI Like To Read The SDC News Still Whilst In My Warm Bed Before Getting Up To Do My Chores 😊

My place to read the SDC newsletter is on my always cluttered kitchen table while I am having breakfast and a coffee. It is the only place and time I get a chance to read it, if I don’t finish it I then read the rest at night before I go to bed. Sometimes in my busy life it takes me two days to catch up on reading them, depending how many articles I can be bothered reading.

It is 4 am and I'm in the lounge with the heater on. It is freezing and foggy outside. I live in a small DD country town by the River Murray in South Australia. Mannum. It sit in my comfy chair and read my Seniors letter, with two crackers and peanut butter and a hot cuppa of herbal tea, today it is Jasmine. I love my quiet times in the mornings. A bit later, when the sun rises, I will let the chooks out. Another beautiful day in Paradise. ☮️✌️🙏

Attachments

• 172090239941849782384319013658.jpg
    172090239941849782384319013658.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It is 4 am and I'm in the lounge with the heater on. It is freezing and foggy outside. I live in a small DD country town by the River Murray in South Australia. Mannum. It sit in my comfy chair with two crackers and peanut butter and a hot cuppa of herbal tea, today it is Jasmine. I love my quiet times in the mornings. A bit later, when the sun rises, I will let the chooks out. Another beautiful day in Paradise. ☮️✌️🙏

I'm 76 yrs young, not good with technology, I read SDC in my PC in the bedroom after breakfast every day, my favorite segment is "all of them"
Thank you for remembering old people :);)

A very Beautiful Sunday Morning to you and all of the Seniors Discount Club, This is Coogee Beach in Sydney this Sunday morning 14th July I have my beautiful toy Cavoodle Charlie with me plus a hot coffee on this very cold start to the day sitting on a bench reading your informative Seniors New Letter, I love receiving your news letter every morning I look forward to it daily! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share my wonderful spot where I sit and read my news letter every day. Have a wonderful Sunday my friends! 🙏🇦🇺🌞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240714_091616_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240714_091616_Gallery.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
I keep my phone beside my bed the regular morning "ping"wakes me up and I know it's SDC time.
As I'm in the West this can sometimes as early as 4am, but it doesn't matter.
I stay in bed with the company of my two little Tibetan spaniels and my snowshoe cat, not much room left for me.
I read my newsletter until the dogs start to stir, let them outside while I make my Nescafe Hazelnut Latte and then jump back into bed, dogs in tow, to finish my SDC newsletter and then I'm ready to start my day.
Afternoon newsletter is read by the cosy fire, curled up on the sofa, once again with my furry friend army.

20240714_101857.jpg
Depends on the weekend really - next Sunday, we'll be up at Caloundra so I'll likely be reading it on the beach while my girl surfs. Today it's at my laptop after posting today's book review on my blog, and enjoying a very large cappucino.

I normally get up at 6am on work days, feed the cavies & cat thier morning biscuits make a coffee & sit outside in the entertainment area that allows you to look back inside through consenting doors, the dogs soon join me whilst i read my emails & SDC news & jokes.

In the afternoon after work & doing any chores around the house i grab a beer or wine & catch up again. But on the other side of the house where there is a smaller entertainment area & a grassed area where the cavies play.

I love reading my Sunday Seniors Discount Club newsletter all the way through, breathing in the fresh country air here in the Central Victorian Goldfields. It is best done with a hot cuppa and my thick coat on. If its raining I sit at my computer looking out of my lounge room window looking at the same view of 1 of our dams. Birds twittering, frogs croaking just nature, me and SDC.
received_749342673866895.jpeg

Reactions: calannie