Shoppers say this $6 Kmart fragrance smells like a luxurious high-end perfume!

Whenever we shop, we always look for value without compromising on quality.

And when it comes to fragrances, spending hundreds of dollars on a single bottle can seem a bit extravagant.

That's why the discovery of a $6 Kmart body mist that smells strikingly similar to a high-end Prada perfume has caused quite a stir among budget-conscious shoppers.

A Kmart customer recently stumbled upon a hidden gem within the aisles of the popular discount retailer.

The OXX Fragrance Oddity Body Mist, priced at $6, was not only a delightful scent to her nose but also a striking resemblance to a luxury fragrance.

Eager to share her find, she took to social media to seek confirmation from fellow fragrance aficionados.

20240319_080721_0000.png
The OXX Fragrance Oddity Body Mist had a similar scent to a Prada perfume. Credit: Kmart / Prada

'Does anyone know what dupe this is? Smells divine,' she inquired, referring to the Oddity body mist she had picked up.

‘I was wondering the same. I just purchased it, and smells so good,’ another said.

Her post quickly garnered attention, with many Kmart enthusiasts confirming her suspicion.

The consensus among the commenters was clear: the affordable spray was a dead ringer for Prada's Paradoxe Eau De Parfum, which typically retails for a steep $280.

'It’s Prada Paradoxe! I have the original, and it’s very similar. Doesn’t last as long. But great when you want to travel or something too,' one person revealed.

‘I also have the other. Both are very close to each other,’ another commented.

The conversation didn't end there. Kmart's $12 OXX Fragrance Oddity Eau De Parfum, a step up from the body mist, was also hailed as a perfect match for the Prada scent.

However, both the body mist and the Eau De Parfum have been so popular that they are currently sold out on Kmart's website.

Kmart seems to have become a treasure trove for those seeking the essence of luxury without the accompanying price tag.

The retailer has a reputation for providing more affordable versions of designer clothing, handbags, and beauty products, often leading to a frenzy among shoppers eager to snag these deals.

But the Prada-inspired scent isn't the only fragrance dupe causing excitement.

Kmart's OXX range also includes a body mist reminiscent of Ariana Grande's Cloud perfume, which has a regular retail price of $69.99.

'This is the Ariana cloud dupe,' a shopper noted, showcasing Kmart's $6 In The Clouds body mist.

'They fade the second I leave the house but last longer when sprayed on clothes,' one shopper advised, with another adding, 'It does, but not as long as the really expensive stuff, but for $8, it’s great!'

The excitement doesn't stop with fragrances.

Kmart has also introduced an OXX Cosmetics line mimicking the Sol De Janeiro collection, causing quite a buzz.

The range includes creams, mists, body butter, and fragrances, with shoppers claiming the $8 dupes 'smell EXACTLY the same' as the original products, priced at $77.
Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper discovered the $6 OXX Fragrance Oddity Body Mist that closely mimics the scent of Prada Paradoxe perfume, which retails for $280.
  • Social media users confirmed the resemblance, with some saying the Kmart dupe doesn't last as long as the designer fragrance but is excellent for travel or casual use.
  • Kmart's range of OXX body mists and perfumes includes other dupes, such as one similar to Ariana Grande's $69.99 Cloud perfume, which retails for $6.
  • The article also highlights that Kmart has released other affordable dupes, including a cosmetics range resembling the Sol De Janeiro line, which has been well-received by shoppers.
Have you discovered any incredible dupes of your favourite luxury items? Share your experiences with us in the comments below!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Petra and Ezzy
Sponsored
@Seia Ibanez, you seem to have added [sic] after the word "divine"?
"Smells divine [sic]"
I am wondering how you would spell the word "divine"?

"Smells divine [sic]"

Hi @clochard ! :)

The original quote spelled the word as 'devine', which was corrected in this article. But I overlooked this one and forgot to remove [sic]!

I do apologise for the oversight, and thanks for pointing it out :D

Reactions: Ezzy and Jo Piper3
"Smells divine [sic]"

I really do disapprove when, with the number of misspelt words from members everyday, a tiny matter by our Editor is bought to attention in in this manner. Surely a discreet note to the SDC office would have been better? (as l have done).

"Smells divine [sic]"

omg ! lmao 😂😂😂😂
1710948645760.png

Reactions: Ezzy
I really do disapprove when, with the number of misspelt words from members everyday, a tiny matter by our Editor is bought to attention in in this manner. Surely a discreet note to the SDC office would have been better? (as l have done).
I agree, no need to make your objections public. Not that it was anything important anyway.

Reactions: Ezzy