Dreaming of a luxury item? There’s probably a dupe at Kmart

Many of us love to visit our local Kmart stores in search of bargain buys and other products that give good value for money. After all, Kmart is one of the best places to buy dupes of luxury clothing and furniture.

And recently, the retail giant has introduced its latest venture: perfumes.

That’s right, Kmart’s latest offerings have sent shoppers into chaos as many noted that the retailer’s perfumes are almost exact dupes of some designer items – from the scent down to the bottle.

When it comes to designer scents, many are out of reach financially.

That is until now…

Shoppers at Kmart nationwide are in a frenzy over the retailer’s latest release: 50ml bottles of designer-inspired perfumes from the likes of Vera Wang, Ariana Grande, Marc Jacobs and Gucci – all available under Kmart’s brand OXX.

Marc Jacobs daisy.jpg
Kmart’s perfume offerings look eerily similar to their designer counterparts. Credit: Marc Jacobs/ Kmart

Considering that Gucci’s Bloom costs $250 for 100ml on their website and Marc Jacobs’ Daisy costs $150 per 100ml bottle, Kmart’s latest items are, quite simply, a complete steal.

A Sydney-based TikTok influencer named Shirley uploaded a video of the affordable perfumes and compared them side-by-side with their famous counterparts.

A quick look at Kmart’s website will show that the retailer has multiple fragrances available, and this was highlighted in Shirley’s video. For instance, Kmart’s version of Ariana Grande’s Cloud perfume is called In The Clouds.

Ariana Grande cloud.jpg
Ariana Grande’s Cloud vs Kmart’s In The Clouds perfume. Credit: Catch.com/Kmart

In place of Vera Wang’s Princess, Kmart is offering its own brand called Royalty.

Vera Wang Princess.jpg
A side-by-side comparison of Vera Wang’s Princess perfume and Kmart’s Royalty. Credit: Catch.com/Kmart

Kmart also has a dupe for Marc Jacobs’ Daisy called Meadow, which we mentioned above as well. Next, as a dupe for Gucci’s Bloom, the retailer offers Spring Blush in its place.

Gucci Bloom.jpg
The resemblance is uncanny. Credit: Gucci/Kmart

And yes, the names could’ve been more creative, but at $12 per 50ml bottle, we doubt anyone’s complaining.

Many shoppers flooded Shirley’s comments section – most of them were surprised at the items on sale. Others stated they were ‘running to Kmart’ to get their hands on the perfumes.

‘OXX is coming out with so many new things,’ one said.

‘I already have a Kmart addiction,’ another shared.

‘Someone take one for the team, are they good?’ One asked.

Another questioned: ‘They look similar, but what do they smell like?’

Designer Scents Prices new (1).jpg
Would you buy these? Credit: The Seniors Discount Club

Customers who have tried some of the products also shared their reviews in the comments section.

‘The Cloud body mist from Kmart…smells exactly like the Ariana Grande Cloud perfume! It’s amazing,’ someone shared.

‘The Cloud one smells exactly the same! I bought the set and the body mist,’ another replied. Kmart also offers smaller bottles at $6 each.

Someone added: ‘The Cloud one lasted longer than the actual Ariana [Grande] one.’

One social media user stated that Kmart’s Spring Blush ‘smells like Gucci Bloom’.

‘Yes, I work at Kmart and honestly the Cloud one is the best one. It is exactly like the Ariana Grande Cloud and to be honest, it lasts long,’ one Kmart staff member wrote.

While some praised Kmart’s creativity for creating designer-inspired pieces.

‘Kmart dupes are getting out of hand,’ one exclaimed.

‘Kmart’s really coming out with every dupe. I’m here for it,’ one more commented.

You can watch Shirley’s video below:

Another TikTok user, Tijana, revealed that she had managed to try out the perfumes at her local Kmart. She rated each one out of 10 for how similar they were to their designer counterparts.

‘Dupe for Vera Wang Princess, very soft tones, I can kind of smell the similarity to Vera Wang, 6/10,’ she said in the clip.

She added that Ariana Grande’s Cloud dupe smells ‘almost like it’ and lasts long on the skin before giving the Kmart dupe an 8 out of 10 rating.

‘Marc Jacobs Daisy dupe, super strong, floral, long-lasting, smells almost the same, 7/10,’ she claimed.

Tijana then rated the Gucci dupe as the ‘most accurate’ and gave it a score of 9 out of 10. ‘Gucci Bloom dupe smells similar to it, strongest out of all,’ she explained.

You can watch Tijana’s video below:

For those who want something extra together with the perfume, Kmart also offers In The Clouds or Meadow gift sets that come with scented hand cream. The gift sets retail for $16.

There’s also a Discovery Gift Set that features four perfumes: Meadow, Floral bouquet, Bella, and Spring Blush at 10 ml each. This is great for shoppers who’d like to test the scents first before committing to a whole bottle. The Discovery Gift Set costs $12.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart has released perfumes under their brand OXX, which are reportedly dupes of designer scents from Vera Wang, Ariana Grande, Marc Jacobs and Gucci.
  • Each perfume retails for just $12, compared to designer fragrances which can cost up to $250.
  • TikToker Tijana rated each dupe regarding how similar they smelt to their designer counterpart.
  • Shoppers can also purchase an In The Clouds or Meadow gift set, which comes with scented hand cream for $16.
Are you looking to get your hands on these amazing scents? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
My daughter loves the Marc Jacobs Daisy and will buy a bottle and get her to test it.

My big question is , How long does the smell last on you ? The Marc Jacobs stays on all day where as the cheaper perfumes last only a couple of hours.

I love Chanel no5 and when I have worn this to work people would comment on my perfume at 4 in the afternoon, this is 9 hours after applying it

Many of us love to visit our local Kmart stores in search of bargain buys and other products that give good value for money. After all, Kmart is one of the best places to buy dupes of luxury clothing and furniture.

And recently, the retail giant has introduced its latest venture: perfumes.

That’s right, Kmart’s latest offerings have sent shoppers into chaos as many noted that the retailer’s perfumes are almost exact dupes of some designer items – from the scent down to the bottle.

When it comes to designer scents, many are out of reach financially.

That is until now…

Shoppers at Kmart nationwide are in a frenzy over the retailer’s latest release: 50ml bottles of designer-inspired perfumes from the likes of Vera Wang, Ariana Grande, Marc Jacobs and Gucci – all available under Kmart’s brand OXX.

View attachment 15578
Kmart’s perfume offerings look eerily similar to their designer counterparts. Credit: Marc Jacobs/ Kmart

Considering that Gucci’s Bloom costs $250 for 100ml on their website and Marc Jacobs’ Daisy costs $150 per 100ml bottle, Kmart’s latest items are, quite simply, a complete steal.

A Sydney-based TikTok influencer named Shirley uploaded a video of the affordable perfumes and compared them side-by-side with their famous counterparts.

A quick look at Kmart’s website will show that the retailer has multiple fragrances available, and this was highlighted in Shirley’s video. For instance, Kmart’s version of Ariana Grande’s Cloud perfume is called In The Clouds.

View attachment 15576
Ariana Grande’s Cloud vs Kmart’s In The Clouds perfume. Credit: Catch.com/Kmart

In place of Vera Wang’s Princess, Kmart is offering its own brand called Royalty.

View attachment 15579
A side-by-side comparison of Vera Wang’s Princess perfume and Kmart’s Royalty. Credit: Catch.com/Kmart

Kmart also has a dupe for Marc Jacobs’ Daisy called Meadow, which we mentioned above as well. Next, as a dupe for Gucci’s Bloom, the retailer offers Spring Blush in its place.

View attachment 15577
The resemblance is uncanny. Credit: Gucci/Kmart

And yes, the names could’ve been more creative, but at $12 per 50ml bottle, we doubt anyone’s complaining.

Many shoppers flooded Shirley’s comments section – most of them were surprised at the items on sale. Others stated they were ‘running to Kmart’ to get their hands on the perfumes.

‘OXX is coming out with so many new things,’ one said.

‘I already have a Kmart addiction,’ another shared.

‘Someone take one for the team, are they good?’ One asked.

Another questioned: ‘They look similar, but what do they smell like?’

View attachment 15588
Would you buy these? Credit: The Seniors Discount Club

Customers who have tried some of the products also shared their reviews in the comments section.

‘The Cloud body mist from Kmart…smells exactly like the Ariana Grande Cloud perfume! It’s amazing,’ someone shared.

‘The Cloud one smells exactly the same! I bought the set and the body mist,’ another replied. Kmart also offers smaller bottles at $6 each.

Someone added: ‘The Cloud one lasted longer than the actual Ariana [Grande] one.’

One social media user stated that Kmart’s Spring Blush ‘smells like Gucci Bloom’.

‘Yes, I work at Kmart and honestly the Cloud one is the best one. It is exactly like the Ariana Grande Cloud and to be honest, it lasts long,’ one Kmart staff member wrote.

While some praised Kmart’s creativity for creating designer-inspired pieces.

‘Kmart dupes are getting out of hand,’ one exclaimed.

‘Kmart’s really coming out with every dupe. I’m here for it,’ one more commented.

You can watch Shirley’s video below:

Another TikTok user, Tijana, revealed that she had managed to try out the perfumes at her local Kmart. She rated each one out of 10 for how similar they were to their designer counterparts.

‘Dupe for Vera Wang Princess, very soft tones, I can kind of smell the similarity to Vera Wang, 6/10,’ she said in the clip.

She added that Ariana Grande’s Cloud dupe smells ‘almost like it’ and lasts long on the skin before giving the Kmart dupe an 8 out of 10 rating.

‘Marc Jacobs Daisy dupe, super strong, floral, long-lasting, smells almost the same, 7/10,’ she claimed.

Tijana then rated the Gucci dupe as the ‘most accurate’ and gave it a score of 9 out of 10. ‘Gucci Bloom dupe smells similar to it, strongest out of all,’ she explained.

You can watch Tijana’s video below:

For those who want something extra together with the perfume, Kmart also offers In The Clouds or Meadow gift sets that come with scented hand cream. The gift sets retail for $16.

There’s also a Discovery Gift Set that features four perfumes: Meadow, Floral bouquet, Bella, and Spring Blush at 10 ml each. This is great for shoppers who’d like to test the scents first before committing to a whole bottle. The Discovery Gift Set costs $12.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart has released perfumes under their brand OXX, which are reportedly dupes of designer scents from Vera Wang, Ariana Grande, Marc Jacobs and Gucci.
  • Each perfume retails for just $12, compared to designer fragrances which can cost up to $250.
  • TikToker Tijana rated each dupe regarding how similar they smelt to their designer counterpart.
  • Shoppers can also purchase an In The Clouds or Meadow gift set, which comes with scented hand cream for $16.
Are you looking to get your hands on these amazing scents? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

I am rather bemused. The other day some people were getting upsetat Aldi as they were "copying" other brands and selling at lower prices and they would not longer be buying from Aldi. No doubt they will no longer be buying from Kmart as well then as they are doing the same thing as Aldi are accused of doing!