Shoppers left in fits of laughter over bawdy Christmas lights from Big W

Even though we’re months away from the holidays, several major retailers have completely glossed over Halloween and are instead rolling out Christmas-themed buys in advance.

However, there’s one particular decoration that will certainly make it into this year’s naughty list… And thousands of shoppers are losing their minds over it.

What was supposed to be a regular shop at Big W took a dramatic turn when a shopper stumbled on a box of festive lights that resembled, erm, a body part.

‘So um... Tell me I'm not the only one that thinks these are really REALLY festive... I mean a bit HARD to miss, yeah?’ She shared an image of the product in the Christmas Mums Australia Facebook group.

ttHaSzlXzw3ZGsLBDlirFS6KLlkEOlf__1jtEFM9th0bqnRL2NdXf1DwCAkQw-SMNyGX_9suzn_fx7WbdOYgtWTVNU6DM3Q7_LfYVopSOlToPYL7VDG5DNjv2QeIL5pYgrXOmWeyPFqHH3dJwhix9w1i2MrniqA92eTmiktYiFNsCUoAF1lSJ0oczw

The Mirabella Genio Festoon Lights. Source: Big W

The shopper was referring to a box of Mirabella Genio Festoon Lights, which are available in-store and online for $45.

‘Whether you use this set indoors or outdoors, they will brighten up your space!’ the retailer's website described the lights, which can be conveniently controlled through your phone using an app.

The shopper wasn't the only one who noticed the suggestive shape of the lights, saying: ‘My kids saw these yesterday at Big W and they were cracking up at the penis lights, lol!’

‘Textured, for her pleasure.’ another shopper joked about the design.

‘More would be great for pride parties… But probably not Christmas.’ a fourth pointed out.

Meanwhile, others questioned how items such as this manage to pass the design process before hitting the store’s shelves.

‘I sometimes wonder how things get past the design stage without just one person saying it looks like a doodle.’ one more commented, alongside laughing emojis.

Maybe by hanging these lights up, you’ll surely get Santa’s attention! Ho, Ho, Ho…

What are your thoughts about this product? Have you ever spotted these festive lights during a shop at Big W? Dare we ask if you’ll ever get your hands on them (no pun intended, truly)? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
Even though we’re months away from the holidays, several major retailers have completely glossed over Halloween and are instead rolling out Christmas-themed buys in advance.

However, there’s one particular decoration that will certainly make it into this year’s naughty list… And thousands of shoppers are losing their minds over it.

What was supposed to be a regular shop at Big W took a dramatic turn when a shopper stumbled on a box of festive lights that resembled, erm, a body part.

‘So um... Tell me I'm not the only one that thinks these are really REALLY festive... I mean a bit HARD to miss, yeah?’ She shared an image of the product in the Christmas Mums Australia Facebook group.

ttHaSzlXzw3ZGsLBDlirFS6KLlkEOlf__1jtEFM9th0bqnRL2NdXf1DwCAkQw-SMNyGX_9suzn_fx7WbdOYgtWTVNU6DM3Q7_LfYVopSOlToPYL7VDG5DNjv2QeIL5pYgrXOmWeyPFqHH3dJwhix9w1i2MrniqA92eTmiktYiFNsCUoAF1lSJ0oczw

The shopper was referring to a box of Mirabella Genio Festoon Lights, which are available in-store and online for $45.

‘Whether you use this set indoors or outdoors, they will brighten up your space!’ the retailer's website described the lights, which can be conveniently controlled through your phone using an app.

The shopper wasn't the only one who noticed the suggestive shape of the lights, saying: ‘My kids saw these yesterday at Big W and they were cracking up at the penis lights, lol!’

‘More would be great for pride parties… But probably not Christmas.’ a fourth pointed out.

Meanwhile, others questioned how items such as this manage to pass the design process before hitting the store’s shelves.

‘I sometimes wonder how things get past the design stage without just one person saying it looks like a doodle.’ one more commented, alongside laughing emojis.

Maybe by hanging these lights up, you’ll surely get Santa’s attention! Ho, Ho, Ho…

What are your thoughts about this product? Have you ever spotted these festive lights during a shop at Big W? Dare we ask if you’ll ever get your hands on them (no pun intended, truly)? Let us know in the comments!
No thanks….$45 on lights….fill my car with petrol, buy some groceries perhaps!!

If you have a vivid imagination, yes you may think they look like phallic objects. They are lights(?) and I presume they work as lights(?).

Reactions: Ian1 and Ricci

It says more about the people commenting than the product 😅

Please get a life - I for one would not have even thought that this was X-Rated - All I can say is I know what gear this person brain is in. X-Rated, please grown up.

get your mind out of the gutter ffs!

I went to big W today to get these festive lights just to be told that they carnt sell them and they are taking them of the shelf one worker told me,and said they will more than likely end up in the bin, and I told them what a wast and why did they get them just to throw them out.

Watch those racist comments! Once upon a time, you could get away with comments like that, but not these days.
I think this person might be referring to it being Chinese made...not racist....I know when buying clothes that are Chinese made they are always on the small side.