Shoppers in uproar as fan-favourite biscuit has vanished from stores

In a country where a cuppa and a biscuit is a cherished ritual, the sudden disappearance of a beloved treat from supermarket shelves can cause quite a stir.

This is precisely what happened recently when Arnott's Nice biscuits, a staple in many Australian households, seemed to vanish into thin air, leaving loyal customers bewildered and craving their sugar-coated comfort.

For those who have been frantically searching the biscuit aisle to no avail, you're not alone.

Over the past two weeks, reports have been flooding in from concerned biscuit lovers who feared that the classic Nice biscuits had been discontinued.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 7.59.05 AM.png
Have you also noticed the disappearance of Arnott’s Nice biscuits in your stores? Credit: Arnott’s

However, before you start hoarding any remaining packets you might find tucked away in the pantry, there's good news on the horizon.

Arnott's Australia has spoken and was assured that the disappearance is only temporary. The company confirmed that there had been a 'temporary delay in supply', though they did not provide details on what caused the delay.

‘Rest assured, our delicious Nice biscuits will be back on supermarket shelves in the coming weeks after experiencing a temporary supply delay,’ an Arnott's spokesperson said.

It's understood that stock has already left warehouses and is en route to supermarkets across the country.

In the meantime, Arnott's has suggested that fans of the Nice biscuit might find solace in their Family Favourite variety packs.

These packs include a selection of Arnott's classics, such as Milk Arrowroot, Butternut Snap, Scotch Finger, Chocolate Ripple, Teddy Bear, and Milk Coffee biscuits.

But with only six Nice biscuits per variety pack, you might find yourself in a friendly scuffle for the last one.

Arnott's, a company with a rich history dating back to 1875 in Newcastle, New South Wales, has long been a part of Australia's cultural fabric, producing a range of plain and sweet biscuits and cakes.

The company, originally known as Arnott's Steam Biscuit Factory, quickly expanded from shipping to Sydney to establishing warehouses and distribution networks around the country.

The origin of the Nice biscuit itself is a topic of debate. While Arnott's claims to have invented the biscuit, a British company, Huntley & Palmers, also stakes a claim, having produced a Nice biscuit as early as 1904.

There's even an urban legend suggesting that the biscuit was named after the French city of Nice following Queen Victoria's visit to the South of France.
Key Takeaways
  • Arnott's Nice biscuits have been missing from supermarket shelves due to a temporary supply delay.
  • Arnott's Australia confirmed that the biscuits have not been discontinued and will return to shelves in the coming weeks.
  • In the meantime, consumers can purchase Family Favourite variety packs, which include Nice biscuits, among other selections.
  • The Nice biscuit has a disputed origin story, with both Arnott's and a British company claiming to have invented it.
Do you love Arnott’s Nice biscuits? What’s your favourite biscuit you’d wish to return? Share your thoughts and stories with us in the comments below!

• Angry
Reactions: BJM
Sponsored
As long as no one tampers with my personal favourite, double coated chocolate Tim tams I’ll be happy. A lot of the biscuits I used to enjoy are now tasteless so Ive giving up buying them. I am rather partial to Byron Bay cookies, especially Dottie’s & choc chip ones.
Here here,tim tams not all the new weird ones the originals or dark chocolate being my favourite especially when cold from the fridge,but with the regular cost gotta stock up when they are 2.50 at Coles.
They gotta give us some enjoyment at our stage in life,they have f....d us over with everything else🤣

I do like many of the types of biscuit, but not too keen on the Nice ones. l do like another one that they scrapped (much to my annoyance) that is the lovely Honey Jumbles ginger mixture for the cake part and pink or white icing on top.