Shopper reveals $8 miracle buy from Woolworths cleaned her oven after FIVE years of trying

Aussie homeowner Elle shared on a popular Facebook group how she managed to clean five years worth of grime from her oven using an $8 buy she picked up from her local Woolies.

Woolworths’ Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser & Polish has long been considered a cult-favourite.

It was also described as a ‘miracle’ product by many shoppers and cleaning fans alike for removing grease and hard stains on a range of surfaces such as sinks, drains, shower screens, metal barstools, and even car headlights.

03Isluc91uSERBwUaNI5l0RNYUIZ2og-oUX3I4ycnhh4uoRFB44CPsWQaFWBgzZ7Lpzfv0cg_3MqKeeMr4ErjYkIhXlBitdUl9RcGlBVzBupwtbqKKxioiOsvy8f6_KL2-gd9z6R

Elle’s before-and-after photos of her oven. Photos from Facebook / Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia.

In her Facebook post, Elle has shared a series of incredible before and after photos of her oven’s transformation, saying that she’d spent half a decade trying to clean the surface mirror with no success.

“For five years, I couldn’t figure out how to clean my oven door,” she wrote in the caption.

“Yesterday, I got Bar Keepers Friend and scrubbed, ta-da!”

“I tried bicarbonate soda, hot water and dishwashing liquid, vinegar, a scourer, nothing else worked for me, unfortunately,” she admitted, then added: “I wasn’t keen on anything leaving any harsh smells, and this doesn’t have a scent, it worked perfectly.”

Her Facebook post blew up, and hundreds of users were amazed by her results.

“Looks amazing!” said one, while another added, “I’m gonna need to pick up some of that.”

“I will give that a go tomorrow!” wrote a third user.

One fellow Bar Keepers Friend fan agreed with Elle and wrote that she also ‘swears by’ the miracle product, saying: “It’s so good!”

Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser & Polish is available at some Woolworths online stores for $8 at 340g but you can get it even cheaper at some Coles online stores at the moment, for only $6.40.

Please Note: Hi everyone! Maddie here. I just wanted to pop in a note saying that we have been informed by the wonderful Alan F. that unfortunately this product is NOT available Australia-wide. Alan F. lives in Pakenham, Victoria and went to his local Woolworths store (in the Plaza) to discover that the staff actually had no idea what he was talking about! So please do call ahead of your shop to check your local Woolies or Coles has it in store, or check online! Just to save yourself some time. Many thanks, and we are so sorry to any one who has been inconvenienced by this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Wow! Never heard of it so will check our my local Coles if they stock it.

Reactions: Julie1
Negative comments are a bit harsh. Sometimes things get out of hand for all reasons. Ill health can be one of the reasons. Sometimes life just hands you more important things to deal with. Thanks for the product recommendation

Shopper reveals $8 miracle buy from Woolworths cleaned her oven after FIVE years of trying

Aussie homeowner Elle shared on a popular Facebook group how she managed to clean five years worth of grime from her oven using an $8 buy she picked up from her local Woolies.

Woolworths’ Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser & Polish has long been considered a cult-favourite.

It was also described as a ‘miracle’ product by many shoppers and cleaning fans alike for removing grease and hard stains on a range of surfaces such as sinks, drains, shower screens, metal barstools, and even car headlights.

03Isluc91uSERBwUaNI5l0RNYUIZ2og-oUX3I4ycnhh4uoRFB44CPsWQaFWBgzZ7Lpzfv0cg_3MqKeeMr4ErjYkIhXlBitdUl9RcGlBVzBupwtbqKKxioiOsvy8f6_KL2-gd9z6R

Elle’s before-and-after photos of her oven. Photos from Facebook / Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia.

In her Facebook post, Elle has shared a series of incredible before and after photos of her oven’s transformation, saying that she’d spent half a decade trying to clean the surface mirror with no success.

“For five years, I couldn’t figure out how to clean my oven door,” she wrote in the caption.

“I tried bicarbonate soda, hot water and dishwashing liquid, vinegar, a scourer, nothing else worked for me, unfortunately,” she admitted, then added: “I wasn’t keen on anything leaving any harsh smells, and this doesn’t have a scent, it worked perfectly.”

“Looks amazing!” said one, while another added, “I’m gonna need to pick up some of that.”

One fellow Bar Keepers Friend fan agreed with Elle and wrote that she also ‘swears by’ the miracle product, saying: “It’s so good!”

Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser & Polish is available at Woolworths online for $8 at 340g but you can get it even cheaper at Coles online at the moment, for only $6.40.
I have a cleaner through My Aged Care who asked us to buy her some Bar Keepers Friend for the shower early this year. She uses it for the bathroom, kitchen and laundry. It’s great stuff.

Reactions: Julie1 and Ricci
Best product for cleaning oven is 'Oz Kleen Oven Cleaner' made in queensland and there is no harsh smell! All that gunk just wipes off No Scrubbing! Except racks if they are really baked on!

Reactions: Ricci
Negative comments are a bit harsh. Sometimes things get out of hand for all reasons. Ill health can be one of the reasons. Sometimes life just hands you more important things to deal with. Thanks for the product recommendation
Someone once said, 'A perfectly kept house is a sign of a misspent life!' I must confess that I love living in a clean, organised environment - I just hate the processes involved in getting to and then maintaining that state!

Reactions: Alana and Ricci
Why would you even let your oven door get that dirty. I’d be ashamed to post that onFacebook
I agree! My oven, including door gets cleaned every week & a quick wipe over every time it’s used whilst still quite warm!

When I next go shopping I am giving that go as I have nearly 20 years worth to clean up and over time I have tried everything and usually can only remove a little bit if I am lucky.

Best product for cleaning oven is 'Oz Kleen Oven Cleaner' made in queensland and there is no harsh smell! All that gunk just wipes off No Scrubbing! Except racks if they are really baked on!
Totally agree that product is AMAZING.

I will stick with gumption as my preferred cleaner, cheaper and does the same job.
Hi sue, I also like Gumption for cleaning jobs, but won't it scratch the glass? I've always avoided surfaces that could be 'damaged' so perhaps I've been missing out?

I just wipe over my oven with KOH after I use my oven, keeps it clean! Plus I use it for floors, benches everything! A 4 litre carton costs $29.90 & lasts about 2 months.. tiles & wooden floors look amazing! So it’s a 1 buy for everything & best of all buy it online & gets delivered to my door!

Hi sue, I also like Gumption for cleaning jobs, but won't it scratch the glass? I've always avoided surfaces that could be 'damaged' so perhaps I've been missing out?
No not at all, my sons even use it on the chrome on their cars.

Reactions: KatKop

Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser & Polish is available at Woolworths online for $8 at 340g but you can get it even cheaper at Coles online at the moment, for only $6.40.
Can you get these in the store I do not shop on line.

I just wipe over my oven with KOH after I use my oven, keeps it clean! Plus I use it for floors, benches everything! A 4 litre carton costs $29.90 & lasts about 2 months.. tiles & wooden floors look amazing! So it’s a 1 buy for everything & best of all buy it online & gets delivered to my door!
where do i buy KOH please