Shopper manages to score over $260 worth of high-end skincare products for $75 – here’s your guide on how to do it too!

The true burden of keeping your skin hydrated and plump is the blood-curdling expense that you’ll have to face afterwards. Skincare products and makeup rarely come at a low price… So if there’s any chance we can grab them at a much lower price, we take it.

One shopper shared an epic haul she received from a high-end beauty company, Estee Lauder, after spending $75 on one of the brand’s eye creams.

The savvy woman, who is a member of a beauty-focused Facebook group, boasted pictures of her haul on Tuesday, sharing that it was a ‘win’ moment.

“My first ever Estee Lauder purchase. I bought the eye cream and everything else is free!” she captioned alongside a picture of her free gifts.

C6kROvedSrdHaz9aNKwKqYF1tyM8IIWa_zaPnlT38gz0zd9Ih-yVlGvENB4bo1R-nGGmCsU-rhO7Aq7NrVolR_haBp_stKNVoy_Sh7wyPh495vOjRJyS7kF5tG77PEM4OXdPMRkkjcCDEfpPJA

Image Credit: Daily Mail

The photo showed a full-size Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Foam Cleanser (150 millilitres), the Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi Recovery Complex II (15 millilitres), a DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection AntiOxidant SPF15 (15 millilitres) and an Advanced Night Repair Intense Reset Concentrate (5 millilitres) – all combined could cost you hundreds of dollars.

There was also the Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex (5 millilitres), Double Wear, Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara in Black (2.8 millilitres), and a limited-edition makeup bag to store everything in.

The gift was added to her shopping cart as an extra after she spent over $75 on the company's eye cream.

The offer launched on May 9 and will be valid only until the stock lasts, so if you want to catch some free gifts and take advantage of the deal, you need to be quick!

“Amazing! Their eye cream is my favourite. Feels so good and it looks great under make-up too,” one woman commented.

'"Runs to the EL (Estee Lauder) website immediately – thank you! And you only have to spend $75 for that deal! So good! Been wanting to try that eye cream,” said another.

A third added: “That is so awesome, I better go and check it out”.

We fully recognise that $75 still costs a LOT and may be allocated towards purchasing much more important things (such as groceries) than makeup or skincare, so we previously shared several tips on how you can shop for beauty products on a budget which you can read here.

gDa8MFbYv2eXq8fvMUg_H1qPhpZiQuTDL5avdUMYT-S4149Hh4hhj9oqfZtxsxJeOPHpGoiDwj_CR-l744K5Vono9b4omAUqb2m8RfTuhUh3fgjSAR7YvbV6gRyWC4CaT2y0iVWTiQ4S5sRkhA

Image Credit: Venus Treatments

You can also always make your own DIY skin care products instead of opting for expensive, high-end ones! The good thing about this is that you have full control over the process and you can keep the ingredients as natural as possible. Most skincare products available on the market are packed with harmful chemicals that may only wear your skin out in the long run.

1. Make a sugar body scrub

Simply combine a cup of sugar with a quarter cup of coconut oil (or any type of oil you prefer including Jojoba, Rosehip, and Sunflower – except cooking oil, of course). Add a few drops of essential oil if desired and you’ve got yourself a homemade sugar scrub to exfoliate your skin with! Easy peasy.

2. Make a face mask

There are lots of recipes for homemade face masks, but an easy one is to mix a quarter cup of oatmeal with the same amount of plain yogurt as well as a tablespoon of honey. Apply to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing.

Honey is a natural source of nutrients that can help treat dry skin, eczema, and psoriasis. It can also help prevent wrinkles and is known to potentially heal burns. Oatmeal, on the other hand, contains properties that effectively soothe irritated skin.

DqNny3wz6UBq3EzJOHeZaM9lKXPCrK6TYqLM78-em3wnYvyF-qld3G2l9uN4-zRJo6bLtN66PZ-NOrZHVdOOb_BW-fZ8536NcD6JP_Ys4fOtujZQGPLBX7dgFPzN5mh1CcMgZrLyBye5F4aQMA

Image Credit: BeBeautiful

3. Make a toner

Dilute a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and apply to your face with a cotton ball after cleansing. Apple cider vinegar is hailed as a miracle ingredient for both skincare and weight loss.

Healthline vouched for its efficiency, stating: “Apple cider vinegar can be used in skincare as a toner, face wash, and even a spot treatment. The use of an apple cider vinegar toner, specifically, may help to tighten the skin and protect it from harmful environmental elements.”

“Tightening the cells of the skin can also help to strengthen the skin and prevent wrinkles from forming.”

4. One ingredient DIY moisturiser

Get your hands on an aloe vera plant, cut a single leaf from it open, and directly apply the gel-like substance onto your face. Leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it off. I’ve personally incorporated this into my skincare routine and I'll never go back to regular moisturisers!

HX1sSJp8mqA9PKes-fv61yktAE9NRFv1msxml-OkxJCHaiNOH1OkFTNutwTQ6YHtp5dx7UkHjTGqnZdFPUPxbPUx-QeOMdiJ5N9qWFQv4geNC0pqBJ3EOvQ9liqWbbA2KtqHIbaprVcVbluqcw

Image Credit: Stylecraze

5. Make a serum

Combine a quarter cup of Jojoba oil (or another oil that best suits your skin type) with a quarter cup of Rosehip seed oil. Add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice, if desired. Apply a few drops of the serum to your face before you head to bed.

And there you have it, folks! Skincare doesn’t have to be expensive if you stick to the basics. If you want more ideas on cheap DIY beauty treatments that you can do at home, we’ve got another great read for you here.

What are your thoughts on this article? Share them with us in the comments.

Want to learn more about DIY skincare products? Watch the video below:

Video Credit: Kyla Litta

Sponsored
Never mind all the freebies, who the heck has $75 to spend on eye cream I know I don't. I can't help but think that these companies have sucked in people who have a poor self image in the belief that using all this gunk will somehow make everything right. I must add that I have never worn makeup and my beauty regime consists of soap and water only.;)

Throughout my life I've had compliments from others on my skin. Even in sun cancer checks I'm told I have "very high quality skin".

$260 or $75...it's all a waste of money. It's been proven time and again that the fancy creams and lotions are just a rort and money grab. They never win over good old Sorbolene. The difference is in the packaging and marketing. You can choose fancy jars that get sold at specialty counters in expensive stores and have million dollar advertising campaigns by movie stars...OR...big plastic pump bottle of good old Sorbolene from Coles or Woolies? Yep, it's the latter for me; and always has been. Here's an idea for the folks who like the look of the fancy jars but know in their hearts they are throwing away money...get the empty fancy jar from someone who insists on throwing money away and fill it with Sorbolene. Voila!

Reactions: paulamc52 and Ricci
My night moisturiser is only a few drops of almond oil, lightly rubbed in especially along the lymph meridians. Then one drop of ricinus/castor oil applied to mu eyebrows and - lashes.

Reactions: paulamc52 and Ricci