Shocking new details emerge on the alleged murder of Jesse Baird & Luke Davies

NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb has issued a heartfelt statement regarding the alleged murder of Sydney couple Jesse Baird and Luke Davies.

The case has taken a chilling twist as it was revealed that the accused is none other than a fellow police officer, Beau Lamarre-Condon.

The tragic loss of former Channel 10 presenter Jesse Baird, 26, and flight attendant Luke Davies, 29, has sent shockwaves through the community.

The couple's bodies are yet to be found, with police officers working tirelessly around the clock in the hopes of bringing closure to their grieving families.

SDC 1.png
The bodies of couple Jesse Baird and Luke Davies are yet to be found. Image source: Instagram/@jessebairddd.

The accused, Lamarre-Condon, 28, has been charged with two counts of murder.

It is alleged that he used his police-issued glock in the killings.

Commissioner Webb urged the public to remain patient as the investigation continues, assuring them that every effort is being made to uncover the truth.

'I would like to extend my heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of Luke Davies and Jesse Baird. It is difficult to comprehend the grief and pain of their loss,' she said in a statement.

'I acknowledge this week’s events are distressing for many, and I share the sadness and shock about the alleged nature of Luke and Jesse’s deaths.'

'I understand there are many unanswered questions, and while I cannot comment on the matter before the courts, I can reassure Luke and Jesse’s loved ones, and the people of NSW, that we are working around the clock to find those answers.'

She also called on anyone with information to come forward and assist the police in their ongoing investigation.

It was reported that Lamarre-Condon used Baird’s phone to send misleading texts to his housemates, suggesting he was moving to Perth.

This initially led police to believe that Baird was still alive.

A subsequent message reportedly asked his housemate to put his belongings out on the street and said he would send cleaners to the home.

The case took a grim turn when police discovered bloodied clothes and possessions belonging to Baird and Davies in a Cronulla skip bin, leading them to suspect a double homicide.

In a broader context, Commissioner Webb also addressed the NSW Police's historical failings in investigating crimes against the state’s LGBTQI+ community and the 'increased suffering experienced by victims and their families where the crimes were motivated by bias against members of the LGBTIQ community'.

This was in response to the Special Commission of Inquiry into LGBTIQ hate crimes in NSW, which investigated potential bias in 34 suspicious and unsolved deaths between 1970 and 2010.

'To the victims and families that NSW Police failed by not adequately and fairly investigating those deaths between 1970 and 2010, I am sorry,' she said.

'I apologise for the gaps in those investigative processes where records and exhibits were lost or not examined with enough rigour.'

She also pledged to improve the police force's approach to serving all members of the community.

'I assure the LGBTIQ community that under my leadership, NSW Police will use these lessons to continue to improve the way it serves all members of the community with respect, fairness, and inclusivity,' she added.

'The mistakes of the past will not define our future.'
Key Takeaways
  • NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb has extended her condolences to the families of Jesse Baird and Luke Davies, who were allegedly murdered by a police officer.
  • Webb acknowledged the distress and shock of the community regarding the nature of the deaths and reassured that investigations are underway.
  • Webb has issued an apology for past failings in the investigation of crimes against the LGBTQI+ community.
  • The Commissioner has promised that under her leadership, the police force will improve its services to all community members with a commitment to respect, fairness, and inclusivity.
As the investigation into the tragic deaths of Baird and Davies continues, we can only hope that justice will be served and that their families will find some measure of peace.

Sponsored
Such a sad story , this crazy cop went all over the place after murdering them in Paddington he then drown to Newcastle which is 2 hours North then drove 2 hours south of Sydney which is where they suspect he disposed of their bodies. And at one time went through Cronulla 35 minutes from Paddington and dumped the clothes.

He should at least give closure to their family and tell police where he has put the bodies.

I think he may even have had another person helping , to move two bodies 🤔

My prayers 🙏 and thoughts are with the two victims family and friends. And that they get their closure

Once again the LGBTI has to get into the act. Yes they were a gay couple, but for heavens sake this is the same as a domestic violence incident between a hetero couple with a third party involvement. When did it become a gay thing? These were two lovely men who have family that are desperately seeking answers about their loved ones. Back off for once LGBTI - have a sense of decency about you. Is it any wonder the general public have had enough of your organisation constantly pushing the same old wheelbarrow?

Reactions: Veggiepatch and Gsr
Once again the LGBTI has to get into the act. Yes they were a gay couple, but for heavens sake this is the same as a domestic violence incident between a hetero couple with a third party involvement. When did it become a gay thing? These were two lovely men who have family that are desperately seeking answers about their loved ones. Back off for once LGBTI - have a sense of decency about you. Is it any wonder the general public have had enough of your organisation constantly pushing the same old wheelbarrow?
The offender had an affair with one of the victims which was broken off shortly before the murder.

Family or no family, children, wife whatever; 'if it waddles & quacks it must be a duck'. I am sure you will find out in time from friends that they were recognised among the gay community for their sexuality.

The Commissioner was referring to a Special Inquiry between 1970 & 2010 in reference to the gay community & unsolved deaths. NO WHERE IN THIS ARTICLE DID I READ WHERE THE LGBTI RAISED QUESTIONS ON THIS RECENT CRIME, did l?

The offender had an affair with one of the victims which was broken off shortly before the murder.

Family or no family, children, wife whatever; 'if it waddles & quacks it must be a duck'. I am sure you will find out in time from friends that they were recognised among the gay community for their sexuality.

The Commissioner was referring to a Special Inquiry between 1970 & 2010 in reference to the gay community & unsolved deaths. NO WHERE IN THIS ARTICLE DID I READ WHERE THE LGBTI RAISED QUESTIONS ON THIS RECENT CRIME, did l?
You are 100 % correct . And today's news the Gay and Lesbian community have now banned police officers from marching . They have also banned Jewish people or people if Israel from Marching. Maybe it's time to ban the actual Mardi Gras

You are 100 % correct . And today's news the Gay and Lesbian community have now banned police officers from marching . They have also banned Jewish people or people if Israel from Marching. Maybe it's time to ban the actual Mardi Gras
Bravo Suzanne, spot on. Police did not commit the crime nor did gay people. Allegedly a jilted lover (human being) who worked in the police force. Just goes to prove no one is perfect.

well written. time we stood up to the rights of the majority. these alphabet people are a minority.

In this day and age this is just not possible - they have rights which I don't dispute but what annoys me is that unless you agree with the LGBTI movement then you are wrong - you are not allowed to have your own opinion.

well written. time we stood up to the rights of the majority. these alphabet people are a minority.
I am not against the fact that people choose to move to their own drumbeat- what I am against is the hijacking of any march, protest, gathering to push the LGBTI barrow - we do not need the rainbow flag fluttering in our face all the time. Live and let live -but for heavens sake get out of our face.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I am not against the fact that people choose to move to their own drumbeat- what I am against is the hijacking of any march, protest, gathering to push the LGBTI barrow - we do not need the rainbow flag fluttering in our face all the time. Live and let live -but for heavens sake get out of our face.
It's even promoted with kids toys

I really felt for Police Commissioner Karen Webb having to deal with this situation. She and her police did a good job. To add further stress she was unfairly treated by media. ABC was particularly scathing. An interview with Jeremy Fernandez which focussed on gay issues was out of line. And she was attacked for putting her foot in her mouth when she said she was grateful that alleged murderer had told them the location of the bodies.

Reactions: Ezzy and Gsr
This is a very sad outcome for the families of these two men. Unfortunately it is an all too common scenario these days when relationships break up. I don’t understand what triggers someone to think it is ok to commit murder, how hard can it be to just move on with your life and “get the hell over it”. It is never going to be the end of your world, there will always be someone else in your future. I also don’t think the alleged perpetrator of the murder of these two men should be in protective custody, he doesn’t deserve to be treated any different to any other alleged murderer. The fact he is a policeman should have no bearing on it, let him take his chances in the mainstream of the rest of the prisoners. He gave his alleged victims no consideration, so why should he be given any?

This is a very sad outcome for the families of these two men. Unfortunately it is an all too common scenario these days when relationships break up. I don’t understand what triggers someone to think it is ok to commit murder, how hard can it be to just move on with your life and “get the hell over it”. It is never going to be the end of your world, there will always be someone else in your future. I also don’t think the alleged perpetrator of the murder of these two men should be in protective custody, he doesn’t deserve to be treated any different to any other alleged murderer. The fact he is a policeman should have no bearing on it, let him take his chances in the mainstream of the rest of the prisoners. He gave his alleged victims no consideration, so why should he be given any?
My thoughts exactly. Keep him in the mainstream in prison where he will be amongst other gay prisoners who will take a disliking to his actions.

The prison authorities however, may have to give him protection under their 'duty of care's if he asks for some sort of segregation from other prisoners. Either way l don't believe his confinement will be anything but unhappy. "You do the crime, you do the time".

I think it unfortunate that he went to his ex-lover's home with the intention of killing him & the other person was there & he felt it necessary to kill him too.