Shocking discovery: What one ALDI customer found will leave you disgusted

We’ve all heard the saying ‘you get what you pay for’, but that doesn’t mean you should accept sub-par products—especially not from a big-name retailer like ALDI.

At least, that’s what one ALDI customer from Melbourne was thinking when he opened his loaf of bread and discovered something truly shocking.

The long-time ALDI customer claimed product quality and control has been dropping at the supermarket, despite prices rising substantially in recent weeks.

'I have always been a loyal customer of ALDI because of their good prices,' the man explained, saying he usually shops at the Springvale store.

'However, they seem to be getting expensive, and I’ve had a lot of issues with their products recently. [The] latest was with one of their bread products, which retails close to $4 nowadays, a hike from $2.75 some time back.'

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.35.23 AM.png
An ALDI customer discovers a dirty piece of plastic halfway through finishing a loaf of bread he had purchased at the store. Credit: Supplied

It seems the rising price of the loaf didn’t give him what he expected. In fact, when he got halfway through the bread, he noticed another old dirty plastic bag stuffed inside.

'I was utterly disgusted and nearly vomited,' he vented.

'I didn’t realise because the plastic packaging was dark green and not transparent. It was hidden underneath the dark green plastic colour and flattened out, so it was difficult to notice.'

‘I have bought items that were rotten from day one,’ he claimed.

compressed-9.jpeg
The frustrated shopper shared that he had previously purchased spoiled fruits and vegetables from ALDI. Credit: Shutterstock

‘Examples are peaches, cheese and even bread. I just sometimes disregard these issues so I chuck out the items and forget about it.’

While the customer claims he hadn’t noticed the second bag when selecting the loaf, it raises the question—how often do such incidents occur undetected?

Unfortunately, it appears ALDI customers have been voicing their dissatisfaction with the retailer for some time now, with one unhappy customer claiming: 'I remember when ALDI used to be cheaper. Sadly it isn’t anymore.'

ALDI has responded to the backlash over their increasing prices, claiming: 'Unfortunately, sometimes we have to increase prices due to rising production costs.

‘However, even when prices go up, we are committed to offering the lowest possible prices in the market. That is our promise to you.'

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.35.32 AM.png
The Melbourne-based shopper notes that he has run into more than his fair share of sub-par products from Aldi prior to this shocking discovery. Credit: Supplied

But is this promise still valid when it comes to product quality? And more importantly, have these rising production costs led to cut corners in health and safety?

It remains to be seen, but what we do know is that any shopper should have the right to expect a quality product from any retailer, and when that doesn’t happen, they should take it up with the business directly.

ALDI declined to comment on the matter but encouraged its customers to provide product feedback directly to them.

According to the retailer, shoppers can return any product they are not satisfied with for a full refund or replacement.

While low prices are essential, we'd argue that quality is of equal importance - after all, who wants to find a plastic bag in their much-loved loaf?

Key Takeaways
  • A loyal ALDI shopper discovered an old, dirty plastic bag stuffed inside his loaf of bread.
  • The customer noted a decline in product quality and an increase in prices at the supermarket chain.
  • The shopper has previously bought items from ALDI that were 'rotten from day one', including peaches, cheese, and bread.
  • Despite the disappointment and increased criticism from customers, ALDI assures that they are committed to offering the lowest possible prices in the market.

So, whether you’re swinging by your local supermarket or ordering online, remember to double-check your items, especially those pre-packed ones.

How would you handle this situation if you found a dirty piece of plastic in your bread? Do you have any similar supermarket tales to share? Let us know in the comments below—we’re all ears!

Sponsored
Do you really think Aldi put it there, the problem lies with the Manufacturer, not the supermarket.
Could just as easy have been Coles or Woolies and their prices are even dearer so what would you achieve by changing supernarkets.
As far as the fruit and veg goes check it before you buy, simple
or it just not true, lots of Karens of the world that do love to make up stories. Either when home or just insert and see if it results in some for of strange satisfactory response, like this site.

The extra bag most likely got caught in the packaging equipment and it was probably a new bag just like the other one . The issue with white spots in the bread is unmixed dough .

We’ve all heard the saying ‘you get what you pay for’, but that doesn’t mean you should accept sub-par products—especially not from a big-name retailer like ALDI.

At least, that’s what one ALDI customer from Melbourne was thinking when he opened his loaf of bread and discovered something truly shocking.

The long-time ALDI customer claimed product quality and control has been dropping at the supermarket, despite prices rising substantially in recent weeks.

'I have always been a loyal customer of ALDI because of their good prices,' the man explained, saying he usually shops at the Springvale store.

'However, they seem to be getting expensive, and I’ve had a lot of issues with their products recently. [The] latest was with one of their bread products, which retails close to $4 nowadays, a hike from $2.75 some time back.'

View attachment 29781
An ALDI customer discovers a dirty piece of plastic halfway through finishing a loaf of bread he had purchased at the store. Credit: Supplied

It seems the rising price of the loaf didn’t give him what he expected. In fact, when he got halfway through the bread, he noticed another old dirty plastic bag stuffed inside.

'I didn’t realise because the plastic packaging was dark green and not transparent. It was hidden underneath the dark green plastic colour and flattened out, so it was difficult to notice.'

View attachment 29782
The frustrated shopper shared that he had previously purchased spoiled fruits and vegetables from ALDI. Credit: Shutterstock

‘Examples are peaches, cheese and even bread. I just sometimes disregard these issues so I chuck out the items and forget about it.’

While the customer claims he hadn’t noticed the second bag when selecting the loaf, it raises the question—how often do such incidents occur undetected?

Unfortunately, it appears ALDI customers have been voicing their dissatisfaction with the retailer for some time now, with one unhappy customer claiming: 'I remember when ALDI used to be cheaper. Sadly it isn’t anymore.'

ALDI has responded to the backlash over their increasing prices, claiming: 'Unfortunately, sometimes we have to increase prices due to rising production costs.

‘However, even when prices go up, we are committed to offering the lowest possible prices in the market. That is our promise to you.'

View attachment 29783
The Melbourne-based shopper notes that he has run into more than his fair share of sub-par products from Aldi prior to this shocking discovery. Credit: Supplied

But is this promise still valid when it comes to product quality? And more importantly, have these rising production costs led to cut corners in health and safety?

It remains to be seen, but what we do know is that any shopper should have the right to expect a quality product from any retailer, and when that doesn’t happen, they should take it up with the business directly.

ALDI declined to comment on the matter but encouraged its customers to provide product feedback directly to them.

According to the retailer, shoppers can return any product they are not satisfied with for a full refund or replacement.

While low prices are essential, we'd argue that quality is of equal importance - after all, who wants to find a plastic bag in their much-loved loaf?

Key Takeaways

• A loyal ALDI shopper discovered an old, dirty plastic bag stuffed inside his loaf of bread.
  • The customer noted a decline in product quality and an increase in prices at the supermarket chain.
  • The shopper has previously bought items from ALDI that were 'rotten from day one', including peaches, cheese, and bread.
  • Despite the disappointment and increased criticism from customers, ALDI assures that they are committed to offering the lowest possible prices in the market.

So, whether you’re swinging by your local supermarket or ordering online, remember to double-check your items, especially those pre-packed ones.

How would you handle this situation if you found a dirty piece of plastic in your bread? Do you have any similar supermarket tales to share? Let us know in the comments below—we’re all ears!
Sorry, but Aldi didn't bake the loaf of bread or package it, so why are they being blamed for this? The customer should be speaking to the manufacturer and not the supermarket.

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

The bread 🍞 would have came from a major bakery possible machine malfunction as for their fruit and vegetables I hand pick them and never had a problem with the berries I tip them upside down and have a good look to make sure they are not wet or damaged a trick that was put on a post a while ago simple and easy Aldi for me 👍

Reactions: RaelsG
i find the fruit photo disturbing, seriously, what idiot would purchase fruit or veggies in this state.
Is this person for real, or just trying to get attention from us all.
No need to be disturbed! If you read the caption under the fruit and veg photo, you'll see that it's credited to Shutterstock which is a library of stock photos. It's nothing to do with the customer's complaint, it's just another nasty image selected by this site for maximum drama.

The plastic bag photos are captioned "Supplied", so they probably came from the actual customer - who, by the way, doesn't appear to have used the words "dirty" or "old".

Yet another nothingburger on a slow news day

Do you want to damage the ALDI name I have 3 ALDI stores we visit but not very close to us all are between100 and 120 kls away keep up your great services and products and open one in CLARE SA ONLY 30 KS away. rtoz.

Reactions: Cool Lynda
I find little difference in prices in all the stores and where I live there a few of each within 10 mins. I have not liked produce at Aldi each time I thought I would give it a go, only to find meat packaging broken, and poor quality veg and fruit. Have been disappointed each time. So not going to use them. I find Drakes is excellent but more expensive than any other. It pays to shop around as each store even with one company does not make them all equal.

Oh please ... your articles are getting as trashy as those in mainstream media! Yes it was disgusting to find a plastic bag in his loaf of bread ... that is about the only decent takeaway from the article. How do you know it was an "old dirty plastic bag"? Was it a new one that got mixed up in the production line? Not that it makes it any better to find a plastic bag in there, but your emotive language makes it out to be a lot worse than it was. Are you trying to tell us these mistakes don't happen with products bought from other supermarkets? You will now get all those who love to jump on bandwagons rubbishing Aldi when this could happen with ANY bread manufacturer!
If you even believe it was there, in the first place. Pretty easy to have shoved it in there, which is how it appears to me.

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

I think I have shopped at Aldi about 6 times. Wasn't impressed with most of what they stock. I can't accept packing my own groceries if the prices are the same as the others, where they are mostly packed for you. Most fruit and veg is kept in cold storage for up to a year before being put on the shelves (there are some products from local producers that are fresh) so not surprised they go off real quick. And don't trust the local fruit and veg store either. They usually get them from the big markets and they keep them in cold storage too

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

It wasnt Aldi who put the extra bag in with the bread, it would have been a disgruntled employee of the bread manufacturer. You cant expect Aldi to inspect every bag, box or every piece of fruit to see if its ok on the inside for sale.... And its not just Aldi that has this problem, just about every retailer out there has. Most people will always jump to conclusions and fail to engage brain before putting mouth into gear

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

I have noticed that our Aldi is only about 1 to maybe 3 cents cheaper not counting the specials than the other supermarkets. The thing you have to do is know your prices.
On the dirty bag in the bread that is disgusting if he had gotten ill from that he could have have a go at the bakery that the bread came from. I would have let them know too.

I like Aldi, a lot of their products are fantastic and cheaper ! We have Coles and Aldi locally and I shop at both. Pre packed berries { you can’t buy loose berries } I have bought at both places and have occasionally had mould at the bottom, I just throw it away as it is not the supermarkets fault they didn’t pack it, and they don’t last long anyway. As for finding a bread packet in the bread what made the writer want to vomit ? Did he think Aldi or the manufacturer had a spare pkt wiped it on the floor and deliberately put it in his bread ? What a fuss about nothing !

I think I have shopped at Aldi about 6 times. Wasn't impressed with most of what they stock. I can't accept packing my own groceries if the prices are the same as the others, where they are mostly packed for you. Most fruit and veg is kept in cold storage for up to a year before being put on the shelves (there are some products from local producers that are fresh) so not surprised they go off real quick. And don't trust the local fruit and veg store either. They usually get them from the big markets and they keep them in cold storage too
But the prices are not the same.
Aldi has .continually been proven by Choice, Canstar and purchasers, etc.
to be the cheapest, followed by Cole's, with Woolworths the dearest.
Doesn't worry me to pack my own groceries, at least I don't get cracked eggs, flattened bread, squashed tomato's, bananas, etc. Luckily I'm not that useless yet that I can't pack my own groceries.

Reactions: June E
I once found a pencil in my loaf of bread!
Eventually tracked down that as the bread delivery guy used his shoulder to carry the tray of bread into the supermarket, the pencil behind his ear pierced the bag and lodged into the bread!
Pencil duly returned to the owner and bread replaced with smiles all around!

Go somewhere else if you think you're being ripped off. Maybe try Woolworths????
Won't find any lucky there either or Coles.
Blatantly outstanding that their Pre-made, "Self Branded' meal products has decreased in size to barest minimum, along with quality in some cases, whilst increasing in prices along with everything else on the selves.

A couple of years ago I found a piece of white plastic in a expensive brand of Ice Cream so I sent the plastic and the barcode to the company when they received the post they rang and apologised and was thankful for the plastic so they could track down what it was from. They sent me a credit voucher by return ail.

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

If you're finding items are rotten from day 1 - why are you buying them?
With the bread - it's not ALDI - it's the company they buy the bread from that need to know the problem.

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

That was awful. How on earth did it get in there? The worst thing I ever found was in a jar of a product similar to Chicken Tonight (I can't remember the brand) I had just fried the chicken pieces and was pouring in the sauce and saw something bright green, It was the finger from a rubber glove. I phoned the company in Melbourne, reversing the charges, and they said they would get in touch with the rep. She came from Hobart and was coming to Beauty Point where we lived, to visit her father. She apologized profusely and gave me a box of goodies all manufactured by their company. She said at least I didn't get the actual finger, she wouldn't have got off so lightly if I had.