Shocking discovery: What one ALDI customer found will leave you disgusted

We’ve all heard the saying ‘you get what you pay for’, but that doesn’t mean you should accept sub-par products—especially not from a big-name retailer like ALDI.

At least, that’s what one ALDI customer from Melbourne was thinking when he opened his loaf of bread and discovered something truly shocking.

The long-time ALDI customer claimed product quality and control has been dropping at the supermarket, despite prices rising substantially in recent weeks.

'I have always been a loyal customer of ALDI because of their good prices,' the man explained, saying he usually shops at the Springvale store.

'However, they seem to be getting expensive, and I’ve had a lot of issues with their products recently. [The] latest was with one of their bread products, which retails close to $4 nowadays, a hike from $2.75 some time back.'

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.35.23 AM.png
An ALDI customer discovers a dirty piece of plastic halfway through finishing a loaf of bread he had purchased at the store. Credit: Supplied

It seems the rising price of the loaf didn’t give him what he expected. In fact, when he got halfway through the bread, he noticed another old dirty plastic bag stuffed inside.

'I was utterly disgusted and nearly vomited,' he vented.

'I didn’t realise because the plastic packaging was dark green and not transparent. It was hidden underneath the dark green plastic colour and flattened out, so it was difficult to notice.'

‘I have bought items that were rotten from day one,’ he claimed.

compressed-9.jpeg
The frustrated shopper shared that he had previously purchased spoiled fruits and vegetables from ALDI. Credit: Shutterstock

‘Examples are peaches, cheese and even bread. I just sometimes disregard these issues so I chuck out the items and forget about it.’

While the customer claims he hadn’t noticed the second bag when selecting the loaf, it raises the question—how often do such incidents occur undetected?

Unfortunately, it appears ALDI customers have been voicing their dissatisfaction with the retailer for some time now, with one unhappy customer claiming: 'I remember when ALDI used to be cheaper. Sadly it isn’t anymore.'

ALDI has responded to the backlash over their increasing prices, claiming: 'Unfortunately, sometimes we have to increase prices due to rising production costs.

‘However, even when prices go up, we are committed to offering the lowest possible prices in the market. That is our promise to you.'

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.35.32 AM.png
The Melbourne-based shopper notes that he has run into more than his fair share of sub-par products from Aldi prior to this shocking discovery. Credit: Supplied

But is this promise still valid when it comes to product quality? And more importantly, have these rising production costs led to cut corners in health and safety?

It remains to be seen, but what we do know is that any shopper should have the right to expect a quality product from any retailer, and when that doesn’t happen, they should take it up with the business directly.

ALDI declined to comment on the matter but encouraged its customers to provide product feedback directly to them.

According to the retailer, shoppers can return any product they are not satisfied with for a full refund or replacement.

While low prices are essential, we'd argue that quality is of equal importance - after all, who wants to find a plastic bag in their much-loved loaf?

Key Takeaways
  • A loyal ALDI shopper discovered an old, dirty plastic bag stuffed inside his loaf of bread.
  • The customer noted a decline in product quality and an increase in prices at the supermarket chain.
  • The shopper has previously bought items from ALDI that were 'rotten from day one', including peaches, cheese, and bread.
  • Despite the disappointment and increased criticism from customers, ALDI assures that they are committed to offering the lowest possible prices in the market.

So, whether you’re swinging by your local supermarket or ordering online, remember to double-check your items, especially those pre-packed ones.

How would you handle this situation if you found a dirty piece of plastic in your bread? Do you have any similar supermarket tales to share? Let us know in the comments below—we’re all ears!

Sponsored
I would report it straight away to the manager.

I was buying Coles white bread and at different times I noticed white blotches throughout the bread. It looked like mold but white and didn't smell. This was maybe a year ago

I emailed the store , got no reply , they don't answer their phone ever. So I emailed head office. They replied they would look into it. I never heard back and I have purchased the same bread recently and no problem.

It's really hard to get answers. I have posted a picture on here to see what people thought

I'm sorry but how do you not see a bag that size in the bread? He also says he had found rotten fruit when getting home from shopping? Does he not check the fruit when selecting? I never buy fruit or veg anywhere without making sure it is good. My advice to this man is if you don't like Aldi don't shop there. Never had a problem with them and a hell of a lot cheaper than ripoff Coles or Woolies.
I am seeing a pattern now adays of people claiming to finding foreign things in food, makes me wonder if it is just a scam to get freebies!

We’ve all heard the saying ‘you get what you pay for’, but that doesn’t mean you should accept sub-par products—especially not from a big-name retailer like ALDI.

At least, that’s what one ALDI customer from Melbourne was thinking when he opened his loaf of bread and discovered something truly shocking.

The long-time ALDI customer claimed product quality and control has been dropping at the supermarket, despite prices rising substantially in recent weeks.

'I have always been a loyal customer of ALDI because of their good prices,' the man explained, saying he usually shops at the Springvale store.

'However, they seem to be getting expensive, and I’ve had a lot of issues with their products recently. [The] latest was with one of their bread products, which retails close to $4 nowadays, a hike from $2.75 some time back.'

View attachment 29781
An ALDI customer discovers a dirty piece of plastic halfway through finishing a loaf of bread he had purchased at the store. Credit: Supplied

It seems the rising price of the loaf didn’t give him what he expected. In fact, when he got halfway through the bread, he noticed another old dirty plastic bag stuffed inside.

'I didn’t realise because the plastic packaging was dark green and not transparent. It was hidden underneath the dark green plastic colour and flattened out, so it was difficult to notice.'

View attachment 29782
The frustrated shopper shared that he had previously purchased spoiled fruits and vegetables from ALDI. Credit: Shutterstock

‘Examples are peaches, cheese and even bread. I just sometimes disregard these issues so I chuck out the items and forget about it.’

While the customer claims he hadn’t noticed the second bag when selecting the loaf, it raises the question—how often do such incidents occur undetected?

Unfortunately, it appears ALDI customers have been voicing their dissatisfaction with the retailer for some time now, with one unhappy customer claiming: 'I remember when ALDI used to be cheaper. Sadly it isn’t anymore.'

ALDI has responded to the backlash over their increasing prices, claiming: 'Unfortunately, sometimes we have to increase prices due to rising production costs.

‘However, even when prices go up, we are committed to offering the lowest possible prices in the market. That is our promise to you.'

View attachment 29783
The Melbourne-based shopper notes that he has run into more than his fair share of sub-par products from Aldi prior to this shocking discovery. Credit: Supplied

But is this promise still valid when it comes to product quality? And more importantly, have these rising production costs led to cut corners in health and safety?

It remains to be seen, but what we do know is that any shopper should have the right to expect a quality product from any retailer, and when that doesn’t happen, they should take it up with the business directly.

ALDI declined to comment on the matter but encouraged its customers to provide product feedback directly to them.

According to the retailer, shoppers can return any product they are not satisfied with for a full refund or replacement.

While low prices are essential, we'd argue that quality is of equal importance - after all, who wants to find a plastic bag in their much-loved loaf?

Key Takeaways

• A loyal ALDI shopper discovered an old, dirty plastic bag stuffed inside his loaf of bread.
  • The customer noted a decline in product quality and an increase in prices at the supermarket chain.
  • The shopper has previously bought items from ALDI that were 'rotten from day one', including peaches, cheese, and bread.
  • Despite the disappointment and increased criticism from customers, ALDI assures that they are committed to offering the lowest possible prices in the market.

So, whether you’re swinging by your local supermarket or ordering online, remember to double-check your items, especially those pre-packed ones.

How would you handle this situation if you found a dirty piece of plastic in your bread? Do you have any similar supermarket tales to share? Let us know in the comments below—we’re all ears!
It’s time to change supermarkets my friend.

I would suggest returning it for a refund if you have a genuine complaint instead of posting it all over social medium.
What do people expect, mistakes happen all the time. It is completely ridiculous to expect that stores can double check every product that comes into their stores before they put them on the shelves.
The problem lies with the manufacturer, not the supermarket.
Not just Aldi, all supermarkets have the same problems

It’s time to change supermarkets my friend.
Do you really think Aldi put it there, the problem lies with the Manufacturer, not the supermarket.
Could just as easy have been Coles or Woolies and their prices are even dearer so what would you achieve by changing supernarkets.
As far as the fruit and veg goes check it before you buy, simple

i find the fruit photo disturbing, seriously, what idiot would purchase fruit or veggies in this state.
Is this person for real, or just trying to get attention from us all.
As to the bread, that’s not ALDI‘S fault, it’s a manufacturing issue. Often mistakes happen, on the line, these items are packed by machines, not individual’s. Regardless it should have been taken back to Aldi, so they could report this issue to the manufacture.
As to price increases, change your bread to a cheaper one, or shop elsewhere.

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

I think some times these accidents can be blamed on technology, so many manual labor jobs have been replaced by automatic machines that just keep churning products out, this frailty of machines of not being able to see is a big problem, look how many motor cars are being recalled, when manual labor was used in the old days the human eye could spot a Fault.

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

I agree with EXACTLY 💯 Check Your Items when you are Purchasing ANYTHING!! Otherwise it's your Fault if you buy an inferior product... BUYER BE WARE😕

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

I'd forget contacting the store, just go straight to the Health Department! That's unacceptable quality control and definitely a health risk. That poor man, I think I'd have thrown up too. I like to shop for some things at Aldi when I'm near a store but have found their fruit and vegetables don't last too long after purchase so only buy fresh produce from them that I'm going to consume within two days.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I've had mouldy bread before the "use by " date .
Photos taken, email to the MANUFACTURER .within a day or two receive an apology and appreciation for bringing it to their attention AND a credit voucher for nearly twice the value of the bread. NO need to go onto social media.!!

Ohhh! Springvale is TOO close to me, just a few kilometres away.

My first problem with Aldi was about 20 years ago when I bought two punnets of strawberries. The first punnet was OK until part way through when the strawberries were covered with white furry mould. So both went to the store. The second punnet looked good from the outside but there was mould inside just like the other one. Not visible on inspection. So I got four punnets in return, which were thankfully good.

The second occasion was a few months ago with their long life milk. Two cartons leaked through the other groceries while going home. Next day I told the store that I would never purchase the product again.

My advice - go to the source, not f**king to social media in an attempt to gain brownie points from the masses.

I've had mouldy bread before the "use by " date .
Photos taken, email to the MANUFACTURER .within a day or two receive an apology and appreciation for bringing it to their attention AND a credit voucher for nearly twice the value of the bread. NO need to go onto social media.!!

View attachment 29781

View attachment 29782

View attachment 29783

Key Takeaways

I bought a 2 Kilo bag of chicken wings from Aldi awhile ago now, I put the the wings in the oven to cook, when I took them out a small blade from a knife fell out of a wing, I contacted Aldi they were not really interested at the store where I bought them from, so I contacted Head Office ( a big Mistake) still not really interested, until I said I was going to contact the Health Department, then there was phone calls from them to stop me from calling the Health Dept. they took me serious now, many calls from them, but no compensation, all they did was change their packaging, I will never buy chicken or meat from Aldi again. what a laugh they offered me a new packet of chicken wings.

I had bought bread ( tip top ) brand and it had lumps of dark grease type in it ,took it into the health department and they contacted me to say it was grease from the machine and to my surprise a few weeks later a man from tip top arrived at my door with a box of their goodies. This was several years ago I don’t know if you get the same results from big companies now. It was appreciated.

Oh please ... your articles are getting as trashy as those in mainstream media! Yes it was disgusting to find a plastic bag in his loaf of bread ... that is about the only decent takeaway from the article. How do you know it was an "old dirty plastic bag"? Was it a new one that got mixed up in the production line? Not that it makes it any better to find a plastic bag in there, but your emotive language makes it out to be a lot worse than it was. Are you trying to tell us these mistakes don't happen with products bought from other supermarkets? You will now get all those who love to jump on bandwagons rubbishing Aldi when this could happen with ANY bread manufacturer!