Shocking discovery inside popular buy at Woolworths

Sometimes, life can be full of surprises.

But have you ever seen anything as shocking as seeing a live rodent taking up residence in one of your purchases?

Case in point: One Woolworths shopper found out the hard way that popular buys can come with their own set of surprises!

This wild tale begins with the unsuspecting shopper from Melbourne, Australia, who picked up a packet of wraps from Woolworths Southbank store.

Everything seemed normal until the customer noticed that something was amiss.

What could it be?

mouse1.jpg
Woolworths is investigating the incident. Credit: Zenith Photographics/Pexels

Lo and behold, the shopper captured footage of a live rodent nestled inside the packet of wraps and shared it on social media under the handle @1skywalker__.

The video has since gone viral, amassing more than half a million views and thousands of stunned comments from online users.

The customer appeared to have already placed the wraps into the basket when they spotted the mouse blinking and twitching inside the bag. It must have been quite a shock!

A Woolworths spokesperson told reporters that the supermarket is investigating the incident.

They stated: ‘We take food safety seriously and work closely with pest control services. We’re not aware of any further reports of a similar nature at this time and apologise for this customer experience.’

mouse2.jpg
Footage of the live mouse was shared on social media. Credit: 1skywalker__/TikTok

It is believed that Woolworths Southbank has a range of measures to deter rodents.

Following this incident, the supermarket giant conducted a thorough inspection of the store and engaged pest control services.

Internet users shared a mix of shock and amusement over the video.

‘Unexpected item in the bagging area,’ one quipped.

Another joked: ‘Woolworths food now comes with pets.’

‘Give it to the cashier to scan,’ one replied.

‘I call that extra value,’ someone else stated.

While another social media user responded: ‘It’s in there for the leftovers and crumbs, so nothing goes to waste.’

Others expressed genuine concern, with a user writing: ‘Please tell me you let it out of the bag outside.’

But perhaps the most relatable response was: ‘Oh h*** no.’

You can watch the footage of the live mouse below:

When shopping, remember to double-check your groceries. It's always better to be safe than sorry when welcoming unexpected guests into your home – especially the furry kind!

And should you ever encounter a similar situation, don't hesitate to inform the store's staff or contact customer service. After all, supermarkets like Woolworths take matters of food safety and hygiene very seriously.
Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths supermarket customer exposed alarming footage of a live mouse inside a pack of wraps at a store in Melbourne.
  • The shopper posted the video online, where it has gained more than half a million views and thousands of comments from stunned users.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson said the supermarket is investigating the incident and takes food safety seriously.
  • Woolworths Southbank has a range of measures in place to deter rodents and conducted a thorough inspection of the store and engaged pest control after this incident.
What’s the most bizarre find you encountered while shopping for groceries? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored

But have you ever seen anything as shocking as seeing a live rodent taking up residence in one of your purchases?

Case in point: One Woolworths shopper found out the hard way that popular buys can come with their own set of surprises!

This wild tale begins with the unsuspecting shopper from Melbourne, Australia, who picked up a packet of wraps from Woolworths Southbank store.

What could it be?

View attachment 21079

Lo and behold, the shopper captured footage of a live rodent nestled inside the packet of wraps and shared it on social media under the handle @1skywalker__.

The video has since gone viral, amassing more than half a million views and thousands of stunned comments from online users.

The customer appeared to have already placed the wraps into the basket when they spotted the mouse blinking and twitching inside the bag. It must have been quite a shock!

A Woolworths spokesperson told reporters that the supermarket is investigating the incident.

They stated: ‘We take food safety seriously and work closely with pest control services. We’re not aware of any further reports of a similar nature at this time and apologise for this customer experience.’

View attachment 21080
Footage of the live mouse was shared on social media. Credit: 1skywalker__/TikTok

It is believed that Woolworths Southbank has a range of measures to deter rodents.

Following this incident, the supermarket giant conducted a thorough inspection of the store and engaged pest control services.

While another social media user responded: ‘It’s in there for the leftovers and crumbs, so nothing goes to waste.’

Others expressed genuine concern, with a user writing: ‘Please tell me you let it out of the bag outside.’

When shopping, remember to double-check your groceries. It's always better to be safe than sorry when welcoming unexpected guests into your home – especially the furry kind!

And should you ever encounter a similar situation, don't hesitate to inform the store's staff or contact customer service. After all, supermarkets like Woolworths take matters of food safety and hygiene very seriously.
Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths supermarket customer exposed alarming footage of a live mouse inside a pack of wraps at a store in Melbourne.
  • The shopper posted the video online, where it has gained more than half a million views and thousands of comments from stunned users.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson said the supermarket is investigating the incident and takes food safety seriously.
  • Woolworths Southbank has a range of measures in place to deter rodents and conducted a thorough inspection of the store and engaged pest control after this incident.
What’s the most bizarre find you encountered while shopping for groceries? Let us know in the comments below!

Not surprised a lot of items that are sold at woollies and coles are outsourced eg meat bakery products ect. We do not know where from so you can’t assume anything you even wonder if management would know not long ago as meat processor was in hot water with corruption and illegal activities and they still exist and that is what we are aware of it use to be butchers in store cutting and packing meat not now where does meat come from bakery items are frozen with extended use by dates and that’s the beginning now a rodent inside a packet of wraps ?

What could it be?

View attachment 21079

View attachment 21080

Key Takeaways

Yuuuuuck

Reactions: Gsr and Ricci
Was that packet sealed when purchased or unsealed and then somehow sealed after purchase? I too would have screamed, left my trolley with all my groceries and just about run out of that shop. Mice, rats and birds are my phobia!

Let’s get the true and full story here - inside before the packet was sealed and out on the shelf OR sealed somehow after purchase??? Or could it been a toy put inside to get at the store as a ‘beef’ on some other issue. As the saying goes - (to be or not to be) ‘THAT IS THE QUESTION’.

Something not quite right here. As another SDC member says - the mouse would have suffocated in a short time in a sealed packet. We all know prepared foods sit on the shelves for more than just a couple of minutes before being bought, sometimes much longer than just a couple of minutes.

What could it be?

View attachment 21079

View attachment 21080

Key Takeaways

I’ve never found anything in my grocery but I’ll be watching and looking very closely at everything I buy from now on. I know it’s not Woolworths fault but they need to be looking a little closer themselves before putting stock on shelves

What could it be?

View attachment 21079

View attachment 21080

Key Takeaways

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Several years ago my cousin once found a dead mouse in a pack of dim sims and yes at first I thought it was a joke, but he showed me the pack. Yep, there it was, frozen and squished! He just threw it out. Later, I went to pick up a lettuce from the same store, and purchased a pack of two baby cos. When I got it home I put it in the sink to wash and a gigantic black spider came out of the center. Needless to say, it drowned in the water but it was quite a shock. I rang the store and they asked for a photo which I supplied and three days later the store was closed for health and safety reasons. I went back to the store but from then on I checked every single item that is in a plastic bag.

Omg I would have screamed and never go back to that store. I have a rodent phobia 😬 .

Didn't she feel that the pack seemed heavier.

It had to have gotten in there at the shop.

Where was the hole in the bag .

This actually makes me feel sick 😫
if you look at the bottom left of the bag you can see the chewd out plastic hole so the mouse could have lived in the bag for days ,,,,and as i have and will keep saying DO NOT BUY PREE PACKED FOOD

rubbish a mouse could live in that bag for a week,s as it would get air from the entrance it used to get in there ,,,evven if it was sealed the mouse could live a few days
SO it was fresh then?

• Haha
Reactions: Macarj
Like the old one.... what's worse than finding a grub in your apple..... half a grub! :sick: