Shocking $6 ALDI laundry product makes mum say goodbye to detergent forever!

There's something almost magical about stumbling upon a hidden gem at your local supermarket. It’s not quite finding a veritable pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, but it can certainly feel like it, especially if it happens at ALDI, a store known widely for its varied assortment of products. An Aussie mum recently sent waves of excitement through social media when she shared her fantastic find—a $6 ALDI laundry product!

‘I’m never going back to detergent,’ she proclaimed, after being stunned by the product’s effectiveness.

To quote directly from her post in the active ALDI Mums Facebook group, she said, 'I'm absolutely blown away. My washing is so soft and clean. And it smells so clean.'

The product works in a simple manner, allegedly eliminating the traditional use (and resultant mess) of detergent by using ceramic beads instead. You just throw it into the washing machine with your laundry and let it work its magic. Think about the convenience, the mess you avoid, and how much you could save on the ever-rising costs of laundry detergent!

compressed-229c5657c65dc2b376788e79cd07ff36.jpeg
The spherical device supposedly cleans your laundry without needing any detergent! Source: Facebook

Not surprisingly, when the happy customer heralded her discovery and expressed her delight about her revamped washing routine—imagine going from measuring and spilling detergent to simply tossing a ball into the washer—other ALDI Mums fans were thrilled.

'I have to share this because I’m absolutely blown away,' she wrote with enthusiasm in her post.

Expecting scepticism, she even explained her laundry routine that now only involved using one of these incredible balls and a cup of white vinegar with clothes, doubling the quantity when washing more substantial loads like towels.

Earning the name of 'incredible balls', this $6 ALDI product is quickly becoming a favourite, especially for the environmentally conscious among us. The ball provides another green alternative to take care of our laundry needs and reduce our use of detergents.

The secret to the laundry balls' fascinating performance lies in the ceramic pellets housed within the plastic shell. Each ball is filled with tiny bioceramic beads made from natural minerals such as tourmaline, which is known for its far-infrared and negative-ion-generating properties. These pellets exert a strong magnetic force field during the wash cycle, which changes the properties of water on a molecular level.

This process essentially creates an environment where the water molecules are energised, enabling them to penetrate deep into the fabric at both a faster and more powerful rate, resulting in the breakdown of dirt and grime in the clothes. The result? Your clothes can be washed effectively using just water with little to no detergent involved. Fascinating, isn't it?

Notably, the laundry balls maintain the pH level of the water much like a detergent, giving the water a slightly alkaline pH level, which is optimal for deep cleaning. So it's no wonder that a significant number of the ALDIMums contingent seem to be smitten by these handy laundry companions!

Key Takeaways

• An ALDI customer has praised a laundry product that has revolutionised her washing routine.
  • She insisted she will never have to use or buy laundry detergent again thanks to the $6 washing balls.
  • The shopper highly recommends the product, touting its effectiveness and its potential to save money and be good for the environment.
  • Despite her positive review, some customers and consumer advocacy group Choice have warned that such products might not work as effectively as traditional laundry detergents.
However, like with every product, there was a wave of naysayers too. Some commenters felt it was a gimmick and not as efficient at tackling heavily soiled clothes as conventional detergents.

A report by the Australian consumer advocacy group Choice seemed to support this view when, in 2020, they tested six laundry balls on the market and found them all to be 'underwhelming'.

However, the mother who sparked this interesting conversation didn't mind the slight drawback. 'If it saves me a couple of dollars in laundry detergent in this current living crisis, [I’m going to] take it,' she concluded, reminding us of the essential element of practicality in daily living.

At the SDC, we encourage members to share their insights and experiences, particularly when it comes to saving money and helping the environment. Have you used a product like this before? Let us know what your experiences were and whether this product lives up to the hype below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I’ve been using in wash balls for many years due to my ezcema and my washing has not discoloured especially the whites which is always bright. Each ball cost 6cnts per wash.
I bought the product fro TVSN and made sure I bought enough beads to refill as a ball does
plus minus 75 washes. My skin has not reacted since.

I’ve been using in wash balls for many years due to my ezcema and my washing has not discoloured especially the whites which is always bright. Each ball cost 6cnts per wash.
I bought the product fro TVSN and made sure I bought enough beads to refill as a ball does
plus minus 75 washes. My skin has not reacted since.
Glad it works for you I'll stick to aldi laundry liquid I was told never put vinegar in the wash as an acid it can over time wreck rubber seals

Having sensitive skin I use softly , or luxflakes ,now their price has gone through roof. I have found another one Bosistos
Laundry powder and liquid and found they are both good and have had no reactions.

Have a front load washing machine have used vinegar as a softener in machine for 6and half years no problem clean machine once a month filter and machine cleaning tablet still going strong.
What is the advantage of using vinegar as a softener? Softener is only an issue if using cold water imo.

There's something almost magical about stumbling upon a hidden gem at your local supermarket. It’s not quite finding a veritable pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, but it can certainly feel like it, especially if it happens at ALDI, a store known widely for its varied assortment of products. An Aussie mum recently sent waves of excitement through social media when she shared her fantastic find—a $6 ALDI laundry product!

‘I’m never going back to detergent,’ she proclaimed, after being stunned by the product’s effectiveness.

To quote directly from her post in the active ALDI Mums Facebook group, she said, 'I'm absolutely blown away. My washing is so soft and clean. And it smells so clean.'

The product works in a simple manner, allegedly eliminating the traditional use (and resultant mess) of detergent by using ceramic beads instead. You just throw it into the washing machine with your laundry and let it work its magic. Think about the convenience, the mess you avoid, and how much you could save on the ever-rising costs of laundry detergent!

View attachment 25887
The spherical device supposedly cleans your laundry without needing any detergent! Source: Facebook

Not surprisingly, when the happy customer heralded her discovery and expressed her delight about her revamped washing routine—imagine going from measuring and spilling detergent to simply tossing a ball into the washer—other ALDI Mums fans were thrilled.

'I have to share this because I’m absolutely blown away,' she wrote with enthusiasm in her post.

Expecting scepticism, she even explained her laundry routine that now only involved using one of these incredible balls and a cup of white vinegar with clothes, doubling the quantity when washing more substantial loads like towels.

Earning the name of 'incredible balls', this $6 ALDI product is quickly becoming a favourite, especially for the environmentally conscious among us. The ball provides another green alternative to take care of our laundry needs and reduce our use of detergents.

The secret to the laundry balls' fascinating performance lies in the ceramic pellets housed within the plastic shell. Each ball is filled with tiny bioceramic beads made from natural minerals such as tourmaline, which is known for its far-infrared and negative-ion-generating properties. These pellets exert a strong magnetic force field during the wash cycle, which changes the properties of water on a molecular level.

This process essentially creates an environment where the water molecules are energised, enabling them to penetrate deep into the fabric at both a faster and more powerful rate, resulting in the breakdown of dirt and grime in the clothes. The result? Your clothes can be washed effectively using just water with little to no detergent involved. Fascinating, isn't it?

Notably, the laundry balls maintain the pH level of the water much like a detergent, giving the water a slightly alkaline pH level, which is optimal for deep cleaning. So it's no wonder that a significant number of the ALDIMums contingent seem to be smitten by these handy laundry companions!

Key Takeaways

• An ALDI customer has praised a laundry product that has revolutionised her washing routine.
  • She insisted she will never have to use or buy laundry detergent again thanks to the $6 washing balls.
  • The shopper highly recommends the product, touting its effectiveness and its potential to save money and be good for the environment.
  • Despite her positive review, some customers and consumer advocacy group Choice
  • There's something almost magical about stumbling upon a hidden gem at your local supermarket. It’s not quite finding a veritable pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, but it can certainly feel like it, especially if it happens at ALDI, a store known widely for its varied assortment of products. An Aussie mum recently sent waves of excitement through social media when she shared her fantastic find—a $6 ALDI laundry product!

View attachment 25887

Key Takeaways

• Despite her positive review, some customers and consumer advocacy group Choice have warned that such products might not work as effectively as traditional laundry detergents.
    However, like with every product, there was a wave of naysayers too. Some commenters felt it was a gimmick and not as efficient at tackling heavily soiled clothes as conventional detergents.

A report by the Australian consumer advocacy group Choice seemed to support this view when, in 2020, they tested six laundry balls on the market and found them all to be 'underwhelming'.

However, the mother who sparked this interesting conversation didn't mind the slight drawback. 'If it saves me a couple of dollars in laundry detergent in this current living crisis, [I’m going to] take it,' she concluded, reminding us of the essential element of practicality in daily living.

At the SDC, we encourage members to share their insights and experiences, particularly when it comes to saving money and helping the environment. Have you used a product like this before? Let us know what your experiences were and whether this product lives up to the hype below!

• warned that such products might not work as effectively as traditional laundry detergents.

View attachment 25887

Key Takeaways

The name of the balls are ECO BALLS and I can’t wait to try mine.

Reactions: ShannyN and Petra
What is the advantage of using vinegar as a softener? Softener is only an issue if using cold water imo.
I only EVER use a cold water wash with great results and have found fabric softener does nothing other than mean I need to clean my washing machine of built up gunk more often.

Reactions: Lyndyloo
I only EVER use a cold water wash with great results and have found fabric softener does nothing other than mean I need to clean my washing machine of built up gunk more often.
I don't use a fabric softener for every load. Only every now and then for towels, if they get hard and scratchy. Never had a build up. Probably because I use warm water as I have a front load machine. Front load washing machines heat their own water like dishwashers, compared to top loaders that come straight out of our hot water system. It's an individual choice though.

Reactions: Ricki