Shed pounds without giving up your favourite foods? Holistic nutritionist divulges 'counterintuitive' weight-loss secret!

Disclaimer: This article is not meant to be taken as medical advice. Readers are advised to consult their GPs before starting a weight loss or diet regimen.

In the world of weight loss, everyone is bombarded with restrictive diets, calorie counting, and gruelling exercise regimes.

But what if there was a way to shed those extra pounds without having to give up your favourite foods or spend hours in the gym?

Holistic nutritionist Rebecca Leigh Sejzer, from Los Angeles, has a 'counterintuitive' tip that might be the answer.

Sejzer, who has a following of over 194,000 on social media, is the founder of the self-improvement platform and podcast Within You.

She uses her platform to share health and wellness advice, and her unique approach to weight loss has garnered significant attention.

photo 1.jpg
Rebecca Leigh Sejzer shared the best way to lose weight. Credit: @rebeccaaleigh / TikTok

In a video online, Sejzer revealed her top tip for weight loss, and it's not what you might expect.

'My best tip for weight loss is to not worry about weight loss, to not focus on diets, to not focus on your body, to not focus on anything related to weight loss,' she said.

While this may sound counterintuitive, Sejzer explained that focusing solely on losing weight can set you up for failure.

'Have you ever noticed the second you put it in your brain that you want to lose weight, all of a sudden you're craving all of these foods?' she asked.

'All of a sudden, you don't know how to just live normally because you're thinking about food 24/7? That's what happens because our body wants whatever we tell it can't have.'

Instead of obsessing over weight loss, Sejzer suggested focusing on healthy habits that make you feel good, such as meditating or working out.

She also advised to let ‘weight loss be a secondary result’ of your actions.

Sejzer's approach to weight loss is grounded in her experiences with body image.

Her video was viewed 170,000 times and received several comments, agreeing with her.

'This is 100 [per cent] true! I tell this to my clients, and they’re like, “BUT HOW!” Focus on other things that you love!!' one commented.

'I lost weight unintentionally when I started putting my health first,' another shared.

A third added, 'That’s EXACTLY how I lost 20 lbs [9 kgs]. I wasn’t thinking about weight loss anymore and just continued my healthy habits and listening to what my body wanted.’

Watch her video below:

She shared on her Within You podcast how she used to feel her 'body was never good enough.'

'I thought that once I lost those 5 pounds or once I reached that certain body fat percentage, I would then be happy with what I look like, and then I could love myself,' she recalled.

However, she soon realised that external appearances were not the key to happiness or self-love.

'The biggest lesson that I learned from all of that was that I wasn't going to be happy with my body until I decided I was going to be happy with my body,' she said.

‘It wasn't going to be something that I saw in the mirror. It wasn't going to be what the beauty trends reflected that day.’

'It was all going to be from the moment that I could confidently look at myself in the mirror and say, "Okay, yeah, I could be happy with this.”’

'And the secret is that you can be happy with what you look like right now. You can choose to be happy with your body today.'

Sejzer didn’t mean you can't strive to improve your physical health, but it's about doing so from a place of love and respect for your body.

‘I'm always an advocate for that, but you can come from a place of love and affection and self-love now to get you to where you want to go,' she explained.

Sejzer's 'counterintuitive' tip for weight loss is about shifting our focus from weight loss to self-love and healthy habits. By doing so, we can create a healthier relationship with food and our bodies, leading to sustainable weight loss and improved overall health.

For those who can’t let go of eating sweets but want to shed some weight, a woman shared her weight loss journey without giving up her love for dessert by making this 90-second low-carb cinnamon roll recipe!

The 90-second sweet recipe is simple and quick and perfect for craving sweets without feeling guilty. Learn the recipe here.

Members, note that this article is not meant to be taken as medical advice. It’s best to consult your GP before starting a weight loss or diet regimen.
Key Takeaways
  • Holistic nutritionist Rebecca Leigh Sejzer has revealed her unconventional weight loss advice to her followers, advising that people should not focus on weight loss, diets or their bodies.
  • Sejzer suggested that instead, people should focus on healthy habits and activities that make them feel good, like meditation and exercise.
  • The nutritionist has been calling attention to issues of body image through her platform, saying that it's essential to love the body in its current state and maintain a positive mindset.
  • She has candidly spoken about her struggles with body image and self-love in the past, revealing that she once believed her happiness was contingent on her physical appearance.
What are your thoughts on this approach to weight loss? Have you tried something similar? Share your experiences in the comments below.

Reactions: PattiB and BJM
Sponsored
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to be taken as medical advice. Readers are advised to consult their GPs before starting a weight loss or diet regimen.

In the world of weight loss, everyone is bombarded with restrictive diets, calorie counting, and gruelling exercise regimes.

But what if there was a way to shed those extra pounds without having to give up your favourite foods or spend hours in the gym?

Holistic nutritionist Rebecca Leigh Sejzer, from Los Angeles, has a 'counterintuitive' tip that might be the answer.

Sejzer, who has a following of over 194,000 on social media, is the founder of the self-improvement platform and podcast Within You.

She uses her platform to share health and wellness advice, and her unique approach to weight loss has garnered significant attention.

View attachment 36968
Rebecca Leigh Sejzer shared the best way to lose weight. Credit: @rebeccaaleigh / TikTok

In a video online, Sejzer revealed her top tip for weight loss, and it's not what you might expect.

'My best tip for weight loss is to not worry about weight loss, to not focus on diets, to not focus on your body, to not focus on anything related to weight loss,' she said.

While this may sound counterintuitive, Sejzer explained that focusing solely on losing weight can set you up for failure.

'Have you ever noticed the second you put it in your brain that you want to lose weight, all of a sudden you're craving all of these foods?' she asked.

'All of a sudden, you don't know how to just live normally because you're thinking about food 24/7? That's what happens because our body wants whatever we tell it can't have.'

Instead of obsessing over weight loss, Sejzer suggested focusing on healthy habits that make you feel good, such as meditating or working out.

Sejzer's approach to weight loss is grounded in her experiences with body image.

Her video was viewed 170,000 times and received several comments, agreeing with her.

'This is 100 [per cent] true! I tell this to my clients, and they’re like, “BUT HOW!” Focus on other things that you love!!' one commented.

'I lost weight unintentionally when I started putting my health first,' another shared.

A third added, 'That’s EXACTLY how I lost 20 lbs [9 kgs]. I wasn’t thinking about weight loss anymore and just continued my healthy habits and listening to what my body wanted.’

Watch her video below:

She shared on her Within You podcast how she used to feel her 'body was never good enough.'

'I thought that once I lost those 5 pounds or once I reached that certain body fat percentage, I would then be happy with what I look like, and then I could love myself,' she recalled.

However, she soon realised that external appearances were not the key to happiness or self-love.

'The biggest lesson that I learned from all of that was that I wasn't going to be happy with my body until I decided I was going to be happy with my body,' she said.

‘It wasn't going to be something that I saw in the mirror. It wasn't going to be what the beauty trends reflected that day.’

'It was all going to be from the moment that I could confidently look at myself in the mirror and say, "Okay, yeah, I could be happy with this.”’

'And the secret is that you can be happy with what you look like right now. You can choose to be happy with your body today.'

Sejzer didn’t mean you can't strive to improve your physical health, but it's about doing so from a place of love and respect for your body.

‘I'm always an advocate for that, but you can come from a place of love and affection and self-love now to get you to where you want to go,' she explained.

Sejzer's 'counterintuitive' tip for weight loss is about shifting our focus from weight loss to self-love and healthy habits. By doing so, we can create a healthier relationship with food and our bodies, leading to sustainable weight loss and improved overall health.

For those who can’t let go of eating sweets but want to shed some weight, a woman shared her weight loss journey without giving up her love for dessert by making this 90-second low-carb cinnamon roll recipe!

The 90-second sweet recipe is simple and quick and perfect for craving sweets without feeling guilty. Learn the recipe here.

Members, note that this article is not meant to be taken as medical advice. It’s best to consult your GP before starting a weight loss or diet regimen.
Key Takeaways

• Holistic nutritionist Rebecca Leigh Sejzer has revealed her unconventional weight loss advice to her followers, advising that people should not focus on weight loss, diets or their bodies.
  • Sejzer suggested that instead, people should focus on healthy habits and activities that make them feel good, like meditation and exercise.
  • The nutritionist has been calling attention to issues of body image through her platform, saying that it's essential to love the body in its current state and maintain a positive mindset.
  • She has candidly spoken about her struggles with body image and self-love in the past, revealing that she once believed her happiness was contingent on her physical appearance.
What are your thoughts on this approach to weight loss? Have you tried something similar? Share your experiences in the comments below.

quite correct. NOT medical advice. so many on this bandwagon that it has become a bit stupid.

Reactions: Penny4
Too busy no time to meditate

View attachment 36968

Watch her video below:

Key Takeaways

View attachment 36968

Watch her video below:

Key Takeaways

I concentrate on fitness not body size