Status
Not open for further replies.

Shank Soup (J.Gray style!)

Buy 4 shanks on special. (Baz is a sucker and,"Puppy would LOVE one of those,dear"! WTF??? For the DOG?? sigh fine).

2 sticks of celery. Diced.

2 carrots diced or grated.

1 pack of soup mix

2 large onions.

Garlic & herbs to taste.

Small chicken or beef stock.

teaspoon of vegemite. (optional).

Method:

Throw one excited dog and one shank outside,put three in the large slow cooker.

Toss cats on the floor and make out like you've never seen them on the bench before. Add one shocked expression.

Add vegies.

Trip over cats.

Add soup mix and cover with water & stock.

Throw cats on the floor again and frown alarmingly.

Turn the cooker on HIGH.

Yell at hubby for letting one excited dog back IN.

Add herbs and spices.

Trip over dog AND cats,throw cats off the bench AGAIN,pretend that other two occasions were just flukes and frown DIREFULLY.

Add more stock because you forgot it's already in there.

Season to taste,Add Vegemite,

Fish out the dropped vegies from under the fridge where Max has shoved them for later.

Push the dog OFF you & tell him you aren't playing.

Toss cats back on the floor.

Cover cooker and bring to fast bubbly stage.

Put burn cream on Max’s burned nose.

Allow to slow cook for at least 3 hours until the meat is falling off the bone.

Remove shanks.

Trip over very excited dog.

Put cats on the floor.

Strip meat off the bones & cut to bite sized bits,all the while explaining to 3 expectant animals that it is NOT for them

Slap hubby for tossing meat bits to the animals.

Return meat to soup mixture.

Trip over expectant cats and excited dog.

During the 3-4 hour cooking process,water will need to be added.

Good time to clear the kitchen of 4 footed creatures.

Return all to slow cooker,bones as well. Cook for another 2 hours making sure that the cats stay out of the cooker.

Remove bones and discard. Do NOT give to excited dog.

Yell at hubby and remove bones from excited dog and put them in the bin.

Half hour later,return bin to upright position and chastise one excited dog and one thieving male cat.

Have we added vegemite? Can't remember. Taste and add if forgotten

Trip over excited dog and ticked off cat.

Allow to cool and skim off excess fat. Discard paper towelling.

30 minutes later,sigh heavily and pick up scattered pieces of paper towelling and return bin to upright position.

Reheat the soup,serve,trip over excited dog and cuss accordingly while mopping up the floor.

Serve again,keep eyes on excited dog.

Sit

Eat

Enjoy

Sponsored
Just give us the recipe, adding cats & dogs & hubby is NOT FUNNY actually it's sickening and turns one off the recipe.
Well,seeing as this NOT FUNNY recipe is in my well read book and acclaimed by people with clearly more of a sense of humour than yours,I’m not losing too much sleep over your opinion! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I feel for you Maxesmum & thank you for your fine (& funny) contribution towards a great recipe. (The main perpetrator has been reported 3 times now for her bullying & nasty comments to so many). Bless you.

Buy 4 shanks on special. (Baz is a sucker and,"Puppy would LOVE one of those,dear"! WTF??? For the DOG?? sigh fine).

2 sticks of celery. Diced.

2 carrots diced or grated.

1 pack of soup mix

2 large onions.

Garlic & herbs to taste.

Small chicken or beef stock.

teaspoon of vegemite. (optional).

Method:

Throw one excited dog and one shank outside,put three in the large slow cooker.

Toss cats on the floor and make out like you've never seen them on the bench before. Add one shocked expression.

Add vegies.

Trip over cats.

Add soup mix and cover with water & stock.

Throw cats on the floor again and frown alarmingly.

Turn the cooker on HIGH.

Yell at hubby for letting one excited dog back IN.

Add herbs and spices.

Trip over dog AND cats,throw cats off the bench AGAIN,pretend that other two occasions were just flukes and frown DIREFULLY.

Add more stock because you forgot it's already in there.

Season to taste,Add Vegemite,

Fish out the dropped vegies from under the fridge where Max has shoved them for later.

Push the dog OFF you & tell him you aren't playing.

Toss cats back on the floor.

Cover cooker and bring to fast bubbly stage.

Put burn cream on Max’s burned nose.

Allow to slow cook for at least 3 hours until the meat is falling off the bone.

Remove shanks.

Trip over very excited dog.

Put cats on the floor.

Strip meat off the bones & cut to bite sized bits,all the while explaining to 3 expectant animals that it is NOT for them

Slap hubby for tossing meat bits to the animals.

Return meat to soup mixture.

Trip over expectant cats and excited dog.

During the 3-4 hour cooking process,water will need to be added.

Good time to clear the kitchen of 4 footed creatures.

Return all to slow cooker,bones as well. Cook for another 2 hours making sure that the cats stay out of the cooker.

Remove bones and discard. Do NOT give to excited dog.

Yell at hubby and remove bones from excited dog and put them in the bin.

Half hour later,return bin to upright position and chastise one excited dog and one thieving male cat.

Have we added vegemite? Can't remember. Taste and add if forgotten

Trip over excited dog and ticked off cat.

Allow to cool and skim off excess fat. Discard paper towelling.

30 minutes later,sigh heavily and pick up scattered pieces of paper towelling and return bin to upright position.

Reheat the soup,serve,trip over excited dog and cuss accordingly while mopping up the floor.

Serve again,keep eyes on excited dog.

Sit

Eat

Enjoy
Hi there.. i finally was able to find your so humorous tongue in cheek post.. it became more so as i literally became the invisible observer in your home.. . Truly, not only are you a creative person but what a amazing sense of humour you possess and shared so delightfully.. loved it. When are you going to get your first book published so that i can purchase it and totally enjoy your literary skills..

Don't let anyone blur any lines for you, just go for it and i thank you. Bravo!!! 😊😆😁😵‍💫😳👍
I just deleted typos my phone saved well out of my visual range as usual the self correcting dictionary makes s bad job of interpreting and it managed to make me look foolish which i am not.

Thanks guys! I’m not here to flog my books. They’re available on Amazon. Was just making a point. We all need a laugh and cooking can be such a chore sometimes….*picks cat fur out of my coffee cup*…..

Reactions: MaggieAmalia
Thanks guys! I’m not here to flog my books. They’re available on Amazon. Was just making a point. We all need a laugh and cooking can be such a chore sometimes….*picks cat fur out of my coffee cup*…..
There you go, i had no idea you are a published author and was delighted to read it is so .... ty for sharing your wit and the info re your books. 😊👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seniors Discount Club

The SDC searches for the best deals, discounts, and bargains for Aussies over 60. From everyday expenses like groceries and eating out, to electronics, fashion and travel, the club is all about helping you make your money go further.
  1. New members
  2. Jokes & fun
  3. Photography
  4. Nostalgia / Yesterday's Australia
  5. Food and Lifestyle
  6. Money Saving Hacks
  7. Offtopic / Everything else

Latest Articles

• We believe that retirement should be a time to relax and enjoy life, not worry about money. That's why we're here to help our members make the most of their retirement years. If you're over 60 and looking for ways to save money, connect with others, and have a laugh, we’d love to have you aboard.
  • Advertise with us

User Menu

Enjoyed Reading our Story?

• Share this forum to your loved ones.
Change Weather Postcode×
Change Petrol Postcode×