Skipton

Feb 2, 2022
Second Opinion!

A climber fell off a cliff, and, as he tumbled down,
he caught hold of a small branch.
"Help! Is there anybody up there?" he shouted.
A majestic voice boomed through the gorge:
"I will help you, my son, but first you must have faith in me."
"Yes, yes, I trust you!", cried the man.
"Let go of the branch", boomed the voice.
There was a long pause, and the man shouted up again,
"Is there anybody else up there?"

Second Opinion!

A climber fell off a cliff, and, as he tumbled down,
he caught hold of a small branch.
"Help! Is there anybody up there?" he shouted.
A majestic voice boomed through the gorge:
"I will help you, my son, but first you must have faith in me."
"Yes, yes, I trust you!", cried the man.
"Let go of the branch", boomed the voice.
There was a long pause, and the man shouted up again,
"Is there anybody else up there?"
Just goes to show, never let go of an Olive Branch.

050 years ago from the City of Nottingham For our family a new life had began Down to London to boarded our ship This was the start of a magnificent trip Foghorns blowing, farewell crowds cheering Down the Thames our ship was veering Early evening past the white cliffs of Dover Our first tiring day was nearly over
In a few days we passed Gibraltar Our ship ploughed on without a falter With flying fish and Dolphins too
Each day gave us a different view Our first stop was to be Port Said Native boats selling goods were a noisy crowd Not allowed off the boat to show our new tan We were entertained on board by the Gully Gully man Down the Suez Canal in bright moonlight Brought back memories of my old army camp sites After the canal came the Red Sea Our stop at Aden showed much poverty Then to Columbo through the Indian ocean This was the start of a sickening motion At this time we celebrate Doreen's birthday Next stop Freemantle, again we are on our way After docking there a trip to Perth There we found out what an English Pound is worth On the stretch to Adelaide we do it tough For the sea as turned mighty rough The crew rigged ropes so that we could move around Dishes and plates bounce towards the ground We spend the day in the City Surrounded by parks it is so pretty Then on to Melbourne our final destination Arriving there to join our new nation Greeted at dock side by family and a friend Our 10 Pound trip is at an end There is a bit of a laugh to the end of the trip, we arrived on the Sunday morning and went to my sister and families house to celebrate, when we heard of the date when were to board the ship I had 2 weeks off work to arrange the packing of goods we were bringing to Australia and arrange the sale of our furniture, then we had just under 5 weeks on the ship, my brother had nominated us to come to Australia and we were going to live with him and family until we found a place to rent, anyway during the conversation at my sister's they said they were going to pick us up on the Monday and take us to the beach, I said why are you having the day off work and they laughed and said we have got the day off for the Qheens birth day and here I was thinking I have had nearly 7 weeks holiday WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA it took me a while to get used to these long week ends. I suppose you are wondering who the Gully Gully man is, he is an Egyption Magician.

a Egyption

I have had nearly 7weeks holiday

In a few days we passed Gibraltar Our ship ploughed on without a falter With flying fish and Dolphins too Each day gave us a different view Our first stop was to be Port Said Native boats selling goods were a noisy crowd Not allowed off the ship to show our new tan We were entertained by the Gully Gully man Down the Suez Canal in bright moonlight Brought back memories of my old army campsites

Sorry Bloke, got a quarter way through the second time and gave up trying to figure the end of one sentence and the beginning of the next. Absolute minimal punctuation, four commas and two full stops.

Dennis R's Morning Pun. Why do surgeons wear masks. Because if they make a mistake the person will not know who did it.
If you saw my face you would understand why I don't find that funny.