SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #98 - 01/09/2023

Question 1: What was the main type of fighting in the Vietnam War?

While all types of warfare were present in the Vietnam War, guerrilla warfare was the primary strategy of the North Vietnamese forces and the Viet Cong. This type of irregular warfare made it difficult for US and South Vietnamese forces to achieve a decisive victory.

Question 2: If a person said it's raining cats and dogs, what are they trying to convey?

The phrase "raining cats and dogs" is an English idiom used to describe heavy, torrential rain. Though its origins are unknown, it became popular in the 17th century.

Question 3: Who is the author of the fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire"?

"A Song of Ice and Fire" is a series of epic fantasy novels by the American novelist and screenwriter George R. R. Martin. The series inspired the HBO television series "Game of Thrones".

Question 4: Which company was established on April 1st, 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne?

Apple Inc. was initially named Apple Computer, Inc. as the company's first product was the Apple I, a personal computer. Ronald Wayne sold his share of the company back to Jobs and Wozniak within 12 days of its inception.

Question 5: Who is known as the "Father of Genetics"?

Gregor Mendel, the monk who conducted breeding experiments with peas in the mid-1800s, is often called the "Father of Genetics". His experiments led to the understanding of how traits are passed from parents to offspring.

Question 6: How many times did Marilyn Monroe get married?

Marilyn Monroe was married three times: first to James Dougherty; then to Joe DiMaggio, the legendary baseball player; and finally to Arthur Miller, the famous playwright.

Question 7: If you ordered 'escargot' at a French restaurant, what would you be eating?

'Escargot' is a dish that contains cooked land snails. It is considered a delicacy in French cuisine.

Question 8: How many time zones does Russia spans?

Covering approximately 1/8th of the Earth's landmass, Russia is the largest country in the world and spans 11 time zones.

Question 9: The Talmud is a central text in which religion?

The Talmud is a sacred text in Judaism. It is composed of the Mishnah and the Gemara, and covers matters of Jewish law, ethics, philosophy, customs and history.

Question 10: Who is the patron saint of travelers?

Saint Christopher is known as the patron saint of travelers. He is one of the most popular Catholic Christian saints who is traditionally depicted carrying the Christ child across a river.

You got answers correct

Reactions: Ideas
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #98
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: jambosfan
I knew st Christopher was the patron Saint for travellers I don't know why I clicked on St Patrick who is the Patron Saint of Ireland and who was supposed to have chased out the snakes of Ireland although it shows there were never any snakes to begin with.

My kids were always given a St Christopher Medal when they were born from a relative so it would keep them safe when travelling

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #98
Question 4: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: jambosfan and Ricki
I knew st Christopher was the patron Saint for travellers I don't know why I clicked on St Patrick who is the Patron Saint of Ireland and who was supposed to have chased out the snakes of Ireland although it shows there were never any snakes to begin with.

My kids were always given a St Christopher Medal when they were born from a relative so it would keep them safe when travelling

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #98
Question 6: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

I also received a Saint Christopher medal when I was born, which I still have, have had to replace the chain a few times!!

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #98
Question 6: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩