SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #91 - 25/08/2023

Question 1: How many Academy Awards did the 1993 film Schindler's List win?

Schindler's List, directed by Steven Spielberg, received seven academy awards, including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay. It is widely considered to be one of the greatest films of all time.

Question 2: In what month is Earth Day celebrated?

Earth Day has been celebrated annually on April 22nd since 1970 to bring awareness to environmental protection and the risks posed to our planet's health and future.

Question 3: Where is the Grand Mosque of Djenné located?

The Grand Mosque of Djenné is located in the city of Djenné, Mali, and is the oldest and largest mud-brick building in the world. It was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1988.

Question 4: What is the most widely played sport in the world?

Soccer is the most popular sport worldwide, with nearly 265 million players in over 200 countries. It is often referred to as the 'beautiful game' because of its unique ability to unite people of all ages, genders, and backgrounds.

Question 5: How many plays did William Shakespeare write?

Scholars have been able to attribute 38 plays to William Shakespeare. This includes comedies, tragedies, and histories- most famously, Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth.

Question 6: What is the customary dress of the men of the Maasai people?

Shuka is the traditional red-checked dress of the Maasai people, typically blanket-like in style and quite striking in its appearance. It is worn by men and is accompanied by jewellery and sometimes even face paint.

Question 7: When multiplied by itself, what is the result of the number 6?

When a number is multiplied by itself the result is the number raised to the power of two. The answer in this case is 6 x 6 = 6^2 = 36.

Question 8: The Arrhenius theory of acids and bases states that acids release what particle into aqueous solutions?

According to the Arrhenius theory, acids are defined as proton (or hydrogen ion, H+) donors, meaning that when acids are added to aqueous solutions, they donate protons into those solutions.

Question 9: Who famously coined the phrase "survival of the fittest?"

The phrase "survival of the fittest" was actually coined by Herbert Spencer, an English philosopher, not Charles Darwin as is commonly thought. Darwin similarly made use of the phrase in his own writings, but the originator was Spencer.

Question 10: Who created the Marvel Comics character of Doctor Strange?

Stan Lee was an American comic book writer, editor, publisher, and producer. He made his first appearance in the Marvel comics universe in 1962, as the creator of the character Doctor Strange.

You got answers correct

• Sad
Reactions: Marj53
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #91
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

A 7/10 today.

Soccer is called football in majority of countries where it's played.

Doctor Strange came from an idea of Steve Ditko's. Stan Lee did the writing to expand on that idea.

Darwin was the obvious choice and that phrase is contained in "The Origin of the Species" (I think).

A 7/10 today.

Doctor Strange came from an idea of Steve Ditko's. Stan Lee did the writing to expand on that idea.

Darwin was the obvious choice and that phrase is contained in "The Origin of the Species" (I think).
Doctor Stephen Strange is a character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by Steve Ditko, the character first appeared in Strange Tales #110. Doctor Strange serves as the Sorcerer Supreme, the primary protector of Earth against magical and mystical threats.Wikipedia
Publisher:Marvel Comics

YAY!!!!!!
0/10
Definitely a hard one today 🥺
A 7/10 today.

I would have done better if you were scoring 🤣

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #91
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

So I got 8 out of 10 today!
I did answer #4 as Football which is correct, so that is 9 out of 10
#10 I answered as Steve Ditko who did create Doctor Strange… Stan Lee did the writing to expand on the idea, which is the correct answer, so really I got 10 out of 10!!!

A 7/10 today.

agree