SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #89 - 23/08/2023

Question 1: Which country was the US aligned with in World War I?

The US allied itself with a coalition of countries led by the British and French Governments, including Canada, during World War I in the fight against the Central Powers, which consisted of Germany and its allies.

Question 2: What is the national bird of the United States?

The Bald Eagle is one of the largest birds in North America and it has become a symbol of the power and freedom of the United States and its people.

Question 3: Which element has the atomic symbol Fe?

Iron has the symbol Fe on the periodic table because its name in Latin is ferrum.

Question 4: When was the painting "The Starry Night" by Vincent van Gogh completed?

"The Starry Night" was painted in 1889 while van Gogh was a resident at the Saint-Paul-de-Mausole mental asylum in France. It is one of the most recognized works of Post-Impressionism Art in the world.

Question 5: What type of plant contains single-celled chloroplasts?

Algae are a diverse group of aquatic organisms that can photosynthesize, and contain single-celled chloroplasts. These chloroplasts allow them to take energy from the Sun to produce food.

Question 6: Who composed Piano Sonata No.8, which is commonly referred to as the 'Pathetique'?

Piano Sonata No.8 (Op.13), composed by Beethoven in 1798, is given its nickname of "Pathetique" due to its dramatic sound and the emotion it conveys.

Question 7: What is the closest star to the Sun?

Proxima Centauri is a small, low-mass star located 4.2 light years from Earth. It is the closest star to the Sun, and part of a multiple star system.

Question 8: In Native American folklore, what is the name of the trickster figure who uses cunning and intelligence to get what he wants?

Coyote is found in several Native American cultures as a mischievous creature who uses his cleverness and craftiness to his advantage in order to obtain food, tools, and other resources.

Question 9: What is the name of the boundary that separates Earth's tectonic plates?

The Fault Line is also known as a plate boundary, and it is where two tectonic plates meet and move past or against each other. Movement along these fault lines is what causes the majority of earthquakes and volcanic activity.

Question 10: How many main classes of crops are there in modern agriculture?

The four main classes of crops are cereals, oil crops, pulse crops, and vegetables. This classification system is based on the usage or nutritive value of the crop.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #89
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

A decent 8/10 this morning.

Question 8 - Doesn't "cunning as a fox" mean anything now?

Question 10 - "The four main classes of crops are cereals, oil crops, pulse crops, and vegetables". And I thought it was rice, wheat, corn and sugar cane. Lucky!

Question 9 - My old geography must be wrong. Never! Divergent tectonic plates cause ridges.

Reactions: Tim K
SDC Trivia Game #89 - 23/08/2023

Question 1: Which country was the US aligned with in World War I?

The US allied itself with a coalition of countries led by the British and French Governments, including Canada, during World War I in the fight against the Central Powers, which consisted of Germany and its allies.

Question 2: What is the national bird of the United States?

The Bald Eagle is one of the largest birds in North America and it has become a symbol of the power and freedom of the United States and its people.

Question 3: Which element has the atomic symbol Fe?

Iron has the symbol Fe on the periodic table because its name in Latin is ferrum.

Question 4: When was the painting "The Starry Night" by Vincent van Gogh completed?

"The Starry Night" was painted in 1889 while van Gogh was a resident at the Saint-Paul-de-Mausole mental asylum in France. It is one of the most recognized works of Post-Impressionism Art in the world.

Question 5: What type of plant contains single-celled chloroplasts?

Algae are a diverse group of aquatic organisms that can photosynthesize, and contain single-celled chloroplasts. These chloroplasts allow them to take energy from the Sun to produce food.

Question 6: Who composed Piano Sonata No.8, which is commonly referred to as the 'Pathetique'?

Piano Sonata No.8 (Op.13), composed by Beethoven in 1798, is given its nickname of "Pathetique" due to its dramatic sound and the emotion it conveys.

Question 7: What is the closest star to the Sun?

Proxima Centauri is a small, low-mass star located 4.2 light years from Earth. It is the closest star to the Sun, and part of a multiple star system.

Question 8: In Native American folklore, what is the name of the trickster figure who uses cunning and intelligence to get what he wants?

Coyote is found in several Native American cultures as a mischievous creature who uses his cleverness and craftiness to his advantage in order to obtain food, tools, and other resources.

Question 9: What is the name of the boundary that separates Earth's tectonic plates?

The Fault Line is also known as a plate boundary, and it is where two tectonic plates meet and move past or against each other. Movement along these fault lines is what causes the majority of earthquakes and volcanic activity.

Question 10: How many main classes of crops are there in modern agriculture?

The four main classes of crops are cereals, oil crops, pulse crops, and vegetables. This classification system is based on the usage or nutritive value of the crop.

You got answers correct
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #89
Question 4: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #89
Question 3: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #89

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #89

Question 10 - "The four main classes of crops are cereals, oil crops, pulse crops, and vegetables". And I thought it was rice, wheat, corn and sugar cane. Lucky!

Question 9 - My old geography must be wrong. Never! Divergent tectonic plates cause ridges.
"cunning as a fox" - fox doesn't play tricks, coyote is the trickster, plays jokes and uses cunning to outwit. Coyote sits in the south direction on the Lakota medicine wheel.

8 out of 10 today!!

Veggiepatch….#8, I answered Fox 🦊
My farmer friend says the answer to # 10 is 6 not 4 - Food, Forage, Fibre, Oil, Ornamental and Industrial

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #89
Question 4: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥

Native American Folklore, no foxes.

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #89
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥