SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #86 - 20/08/2023

Question 1: Which famous philosopher is known for developing the concept of the "categorical imperative"?

Immanuel Kant, an 18th-century German philosopher, developed the concept of the "categorical imperative" as part of his moral philosophy. This principle serves as a basis for ethical decision-making, stating that an action is morally right if it can be universally applied as a rule that everyone should follow.

Question 2: Where is the spinal cord located in the body?

The spinal cord runs from the base of the brain and down the vertebral column, and is part of the central nervous system which controls movement and sensation.

Question 3: Which type of rock is formed by the cooling and hardening of magma or lava?

Igneous Rock is formed when hot molten rock, known as magma or lava, cools and solidifies. This type of rock can take many forms and shapes, depending on the cooling rate of the molten material.

Question 4: What is the world's largest religious population?

According to a 2015 study by the Pew Research Center, Christianity is by far the largest religion in the world with a population estimated to be over 2.4 billion adherents.

Question 5: What is the largest single piece of exposed granite in the world?

El Capitan in Yosemite National Park, California rises to a height of 3,000 feet and spans nearly a mile wide - making it one of the most impressive features in the park.

Question 6: What does the acronym 'FBI' stand for?

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is the United States' primary federal law enforcement agency and is a part of the United States Department of Justice. It is responsible for investigating crimes related to national security, public corruption, civil rights, and other matters.

Question 7: In Judaism, what 5 books are referred to as the Torah?

Derived from the Hebrew Bible, the Torah, or “teaching”, contains five books that focus on the early history of Judaism, from the creation of the world to the death of Moses.

Question 8: Why is the city of Troy famous in history?

The legendary Trojan War began when Paris of Troy abducted Helen of Sparta, resulting in a considerably large conflict that lasted for 10 years.

Question 9: What is the term for the belief that certain outcomes have been predetermined and cannot be changed?

Fatalism is an extreme form of determinism that assumes that because all future events and choices are predetermined, the outcome of our actions cannot be changed. It is the opposite of free will.

Question 10: Where is the thymus gland located?

The thymus gland is located in the upper chest, behind the breastbone and near the heart. It produces hormones which are important in the development of a healthy immune system.

You got answers correct

Question 5 we had at Pub Trivia and we answered Uluru but the answer was Stone Mountain . I need to look this one up .

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #86
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Although El Capitan in Yosemite National Park, California is the largest piece of Granite in the world , Stone Mountain is the largest piece of exposed granite in the world! Granite is an igneous rock that was formed millions of years ago in the magma near the Earth's core.

So Stone mountain is the correct answer for being largest exposed Granite in the world

Reactions: lonelyasacloud
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩

Best result so far.😌

Question 9: 🟥

70 % today…from the answers provided!!

I am personally going to grant myself 80%, as the answer to #5 is Stone Mountain…the question asks “exposed granite” not the largest piece of granite

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #86
Question 4: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥

Hmm. Pretty sure Stone Mountain is the largest piece of granite. I got 9/10 and would have had a perfect score if Stone Mountain was correct.
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #86

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #86