SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #53 - 17/07/2023

Question 1: Where was Austrian composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart born?

Mozart was born in Salzburg on January 27, 1756. He was a prolific composer, and his works include over 600 compositions, such as symphonies, operas, and chamber music.

Question 2: The composer Antonio Vivaldi was known by what nickname?

Antonio Vivaldi was nicknamed "The Red Priest" because of his bright red hair and his ordination as a Catholic priest in 1703. He is best known for his violin concertos, particularly "The Four Seasons."

Question 3: Where was the infamous Australian outlaw Ned Kelly executed?

Ned Kelly, a notorious Australian bushranger, was executed by hanging on November 11, 1880, at Old Melbourne Gaol. The gaol is now a museum and a popular tourist attraction.

Question 4: Which plant is commonly known as the "Corpse Flower" due to its putrid smell when in bloom?

The Amorphophallus titanum, also known as the titan arum, is native to Sumatra in Indonesia. Its blooming is rare and attracts many visitors who wish to witness and smell its notorious odor, which is said to resemble rotting flesh.

Question 5: How many people have walked on the moon?

All of the 12 moonwalkers were part of NASA's Apollo program between 1969 and 1972, starting with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin as the first two during the Apollo 11 mission.

Question 6: When do humans have the maximum number of bones in their body?

Humans are born with approximately 270 bones, which will decrease to around 206 as an adult. Some bones fuse together as we grow, which results in a lesser bone count in adulthood.

Question 7: What is the name of the supercontinent that existed approximately 335 million years ago?

Pangea began to break apart around 175 million years ago, eventually forming the continents as they are today. The term "Pangea" comes from the Ancient Greek words "pan" meaning "all, entire," and "gea" meaning "earth."

Question 8: Who is known as the "Father of History"?

Herodotus, a Greek historian, is considered the Father of History because he was the first to write a comprehensive history of the ancient world. His most famous work is "The Histories," which documents the Greco-Persian Wars.

Question 9: The ancient city of Pompeii was destroyed by the eruption of which volcano?

The eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD was responsible for the destruction of the ancient Roman city of Pompeii. The city was buried under volcanic ash and pumice, preserving it for centuries until its rediscovery in 1748.

Question 10: Which country is the world's largest producer of wool?

Australia has held the title of the world's largest wool producer for over a century. Approximately one-quarter of the world's wool comes from Australia, primarily from Merino sheep.

You got answers correct

Reactions: mal-bond and RFG
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #53
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I should have got 10/10 today my finger clicked on what I thought was Herodotus but clicked on Socrates.
Ancient history is my favourite particularly Greek History . Socrates was a Philosopher not a Historian and I knew it 🙂

Last edited:
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #53
Question 2: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
The questions are becoming far too obscure for me.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
SDC Trivia Game #53 - 17/07/2023

Question 1: Where was Austrian composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart born?

Mozart was born in Salzburg on January 27, 1756. He was a prolific composer, and his works include over 600 compositions, such as symphonies, operas, and chamber music.

Question 2: The composer Antonio Vivaldi was known by what nickname?

Antonio Vivaldi was nicknamed "The Red Priest" because of his bright red hair and his ordination as a Catholic priest in 1703. He is best known for his violin concertos, particularly "The Four Seasons."

Question 3: Where was the infamous Australian outlaw Ned Kelly executed?

Ned Kelly, a notorious Australian bushranger, was executed by hanging on November 11, 1880, at Old Melbourne Gaol. The gaol is now a museum and a popular tourist attraction.

Question 4: Which plant is commonly known as the "Corpse Flower" due to its putrid smell when in bloom?

The Amorphophallus titanum, also known as the titan arum, is native to Sumatra in Indonesia. Its blooming is rare and attracts many visitors who wish to witness and smell its notorious odor, which is said to resemble rotting flesh.

Question 5: How many people have walked on the moon?

All of the 12 moonwalkers were part of NASA's Apollo program between 1969 and 1972, starting with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin as the first two during the Apollo 11 mission.

Question 6: When do humans have the maximum number of bones in their body?

Humans are born with approximately 270 bones, which will decrease to around 206 as an adult. Some bones fuse together as we grow, which results in a lesser bone count in adulthood.

Question 7: What is the name of the supercontinent that existed approximately 335 million years ago?

Pangea began to break apart around 175 million years ago, eventually forming the continents as they are today. The term "Pangea" comes from the Ancient Greek words "pan" meaning "all, entire," and "gea" meaning "earth."

Question 8: Who is known as the "Father of History"?

Herodotus, a Greek historian, is considered the Father of History because he was the first to write a comprehensive history of the ancient world. His most famous work is "The Histories," which documents the Greco-Persian Wars.

Question 9: The ancient city of Pompeii was destroyed by the eruption of which volcano?

The eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD was responsible for the destruction of the ancient Roman city of Pompeii. The city was buried under volcanic ash and pumice, preserving it for centuries until its rediscovery in 1748.

Question 10: Which country is the world's largest producer of wool?

Australia has held the title of the world's largest wool producer for over a century. Approximately one-quarter of the world's wool comes from Australia, primarily from Merino sheep.

You got answers correct
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #53
Question 1: 🟥

Question 9: 🟥

Question 7: 🟥

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #53

10 out of 10!!
Do not second guess your answers..go with your gut instinct….worked for me!!
Well done @Bullwinkle!

This sorry bloke has yet another 4 to his name :ROFLMAO: I could've sworn Rafflesia also emit a foul odour when blooming, but they're not called Corpse Flowers!

I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #53
Question 3: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

• Love