SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #486 - 23/09/2024

Question 1: Who is Batman's sidekick known as the "Boy Wonder"?

Robin is the alias of several fictional superheroes appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. The character was originally created as a sidekick for Batman, and the team of Batman and Robin is commonly referred to as the "Dynamic Duo".

Question 2: Why was the novel Frankenstein originally published anonymously?

Mary Shelley first published Frankenstein anonymously in 1818, as at the time it was considered improper for women to write such macabre stories. She feared the novel would be poorly received if the public knew a woman had written it.

Question 3: Where did the famous Maori war dance, the Haka, originate?

The Haka is a traditional war dance of the Māori people of New Zealand. It was originally performed by warriors before battle to intimidate the enemy, but today it is also performed during peacetime to honor guests, celebrate achievements, and as a symbol of national pride.

Question 4: What was the name of the first James Bond film, released in 1962?

Dr. No was the first James Bond film, starring Sean Connery as 007. It was based on the 1958 novel of the same name by Ian Fleming and set the standard for the successful film franchise that continues to this day.

Question 5: What is the study of the physical structure and substance of the Earth called?

Geology is the scientific study of the Earth, its structure, properties, processes, and history. It encompasses the study of rocks, minerals, plate tectonics, volcanoes, earthquakes, and other geological phenomena that shape our planet.

Question 6: What sport is played at Wimbledon?

The Championships, Wimbledon, commonly known simply as Wimbledon, is the oldest tennis tournament in the world and is widely regarded as the most prestigious. It has been held at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London, since 1877.

Question 7: Where is the world's largest active volcano located?

Mauna Loa in Hawaii is the world's largest active volcano, rising around 56,000 feet from the bottom of the sea. It has an area of over 2,000 square miles, making it the world's most massive mountain. Mauna Loa last erupted in 1984.

Question 8: Where did the bikini swimsuit originate?

The modern bikini was invented by French engineer Louis Réard in 1946. He named it after the Bikini Atoll in the Pacific, where the United States conducted nuclear tests, because he believed its revealing style would create a similar "explosive" reaction.

Question 9: What was the longest battle of World War I?

The Battle of Verdun, fought between the German and French armies, lasted from February to December 1916, making it the longest single battle of World War I. The battle resulted in nearly a million casualties.

Question 10: How many years did the Hundred Years' War last?

The Hundred Years' War was a series of conflicts between England and France that actually lasted 116 years, from 1337 to 1453. The war started due to a succession dispute over the French throne and saw the rise of notable figures like Joan of Arc.

You got answers correct

Reactions: BeautifulMousey
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #486
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Well I am “ecstatic” this morning…I got the #1 ✅…..two superhero questions correct in two days….😊
#4…. Not a James Bond fan, lucky 🍀 guess
#9 and # 10…. Both war questions and I got them correct also ✅…..not my favourite subject.
Onwards and Upwards 😊😊