SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #469 - 06/09/2024

Question 1: Which scientist is credited with the development of the theory of relativity?

Albert Einstein, the renowned German-born theoretical physicist, developed the theory of relativity, which fundamentally changed our understanding of space, time, and gravity. His work laid the foundation for modern physics.

Question 2: Why is the planet Venus the hottest planet in our solar system?

Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system due to its thick atmosphere, which is primarily composed of carbon dioxide. This dense atmosphere creates an extreme greenhouse effect, trapping heat and resulting in surface temperatures exceeding 460°C (860°F), even though Mercury is closer to the Sun.

Question 3: How is champagne different from other sparkling wines?

To be labeled as Champagne, the sparkling wine must be produced in the Champagne region of France using specific methods. Other sparkling wines, such as Prosecco or Cava, are made in different regions using various grapes and production techniques.

Question 4: In which country is the kiwi bird a national symbol?

The kiwi, a flightless bird native to New Zealand, is a prominent national symbol, appearing on the country's coat of arms and one-dollar coin. There are five recognized species of kiwi, all endemic to New Zealand.

Question 5: Where was the ancient Minoan civilization located?

The Minoan civilization flourished on the island of Crete from around 2700 to 1450 BC. It was the first advanced civilization in Europe, known for its sophisticated art, architecture, and writing system. The Minoans built impressive palaces, most notably at Knossos, and traded extensively across the Mediterranean.

Question 6: What is the process by which plants use sunlight to convert carbon dioxide into organic compounds?

Photosynthesis is the process by which plants and other organisms convert light energy into chemical energy that can be used to fuel the organism's activities. This chemical energy is stored in carbohydrate molecules, such as sugars, which are synthesized from carbon dioxide and water.

Question 7: In the Harry Potter series, what is the name of Harry's owl?

Hedwig, a snowy owl, was a gift to Harry from Hagrid on his 11th birthday. She served as Harry's loyal companion and mail carrier throughout the series until her tragic death in the final book.

Question 8: What is the square root of 144?

The square root of a number is a value that, when multiplied by itself, gives the number. So 12 squared, or 12 x 12, equals 144.

Question 9: Why is the Rosetta Stone considered a significant archeological discovery?

The Rosetta Stone, discovered in 1799, was crucial in deciphering ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. The stone contained the same text in three scripts: hieroglyphs, Demotic, and Ancient Greek, which allowed scholars to crack the code of the hieroglyphs and unlock the meaning of ancient Egyptian writings.

Question 10: In which country were the famous Terracotta Warriors discovered?

The Terracotta Army, a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China, was discovered in 1974 by local farmers in Lintong District, Xi'an, Shaanxi province, China. The figures vary in height, uniform, and hairstyle in accordance with rank.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #469
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩
WOW WOW WOW! I can't believe it and I had bacon and eggs this morning, not weetbix. Am I on a winning formula???hahaha.

Question 2: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Bugger would have got 100% but accidentally hit wrong answer for 6 which I know is photosynthesis 🥲 never mind there’s always tomorrow 😁

Question 2: 🟥

What can I say….#2 just tapped the wrong answer….😣
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend..should your football team be playing in the finals…good luck!!

Last edited:
Question 2: 🟥

What can I say….#2 just tapped the wrong answer….😣
Hope S has an awesome weekend..should your football team be playing in the finals…good luck!!
Please don’t mention footy finals. I’m a Power supporter wearing black today.