SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #409 - 08/07/2024

Question 1: When did the Berlin Wall fall, marking a symbolic end to the Cold War?

The fall of the Berlin Wall on November 9, 1989 was a pivotal event that symbolized the end of the Cold War and the collapse of communism in Eastern Europe. It led to the reunification of East and West Germany.

Question 2: Where was the Mona Lisa painted?

The Mona Lisa, also known as La Gioconda, is a half-length portrait painting by Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci. It is considered an archetypal masterpiece of the Italian Renaissance, and has been described as "the best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, the most parodied work of art in the world."

Question 3: Which of the following languages has the most native speakers worldwide?

Mandarin Chinese, spoken mainly in mainland China, Taiwan, and Singapore, has around 920 million native speakers, making it the language with the most native speakers worldwide. However, English is more widely spoken when considering both native and non-native speakers.

Question 4: When was the Mona Lisa painting by Leonardo da Vinci completed?

The Mona Lisa, also known as La Gioconda, is a famous oil painting by Leonardo da Vinci. It is believed to have been painted between 1503 and 1516, with da Vinci working on it off and on during those years. The painting is renowned for the enigmatic smile of the subject, believed to be Lisa Gherardini, the wife of a wealthy Florentine merchant.

Question 5: Which fruit is used to make prunes?

Prunes are dried plums. They are known for their laxative effect and are often used in cooking and baking to add sweetness and moisture to dishes.

Question 6: Where is the world's largest carnival celebration held?

The Carnival in Rio de Janeiro is considered the biggest carnival in the world with two million people per day on the streets. The first Carnival festival in Rio occurred in 1723.

Question 7: If you wanted to see the Terracotta Army, which country would you visit?

The Terracotta Army, a collection of terracotta sculptures depicting the armies of the first Emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang, is located in Xi'an, China. It was discovered in 1974 and is now a major tourist attraction and a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Question 8: When did the first human walk on the Moon?

On July 20, 1969, American astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to walk on the Moon as part of NASA's Apollo 11 mission. Armstrong's famous words as he stepped onto the lunar surface were "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Question 9: When was the first commercially available mobile phone released?

The first commercially available mobile phone, the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X, was released in 1983. It weighed about 2.5 pounds, offered 30 minutes of talk time, and cost nearly $4,000.

Question 10: When were the first modern Olympic Games held?

The first modern Olympic Games were held in Athens, Greece in 1896, marking the revival of the ancient Greek tradition. The games featured 241 athletes from 14 nations, competing in 43 events.

You got answers correct

• Angry
Reactions: fred little
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #409
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

This is a first. I have never achieved 100% before and probably never will again 😂

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #409
Question 2: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #409
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥
Quest
ion 10: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #409
Question 5: 🟥
Plums, not dates. Why did I click dates??because
I was'nt looking at what I was doing! Am I the only guilty one ??? 😾 😾 :eek:

the Mona Lisa was started in Italy but da Vinci continued working on in France. It the prime reason the painting is in a French museum
Isn’t it interesting that the Americans have decided the ‘earth date’ for the moon is the same as the good ol USA. After all the first place to sight the evidence of the moon landing was at Parkes NSW Australia and then transmitted to Houston. The date was 21 July 1969. I remember watching it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #409
Question 1: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥