SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #377 - 06/06/2024

Question 1: What is the scientific name for the study of weather and the atmosphere?

The term "meteorology" comes from the Ancient Greek word "meteōros," meaning "high in the sky." Aristotle is considered the founder of meteorology.

Question 2: Which car company was the first to mass produce vehicles using an assembly line?

Henry Ford introduced the moving assembly line in 1913 at his Ford Motor Company factory. This innovation reduced the time it took to build a car from 12 hours to just 2 hours and 30 minutes, making automobiles much more affordable for the middle class.

Question 3: What is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea?

Located off the southern tip of Italy, Sicily has an area of 25,711 square kilometers (9,927 sq mi). It is an autonomous region of Italy and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea.

Question 4: What is the most common mineral found in Earth's crust?

Quartz is composed of silicon and oxygen. It makes up about 12% of the Earth's crust by volume. Quartz has many varieties including amethyst, citrine, rose quartz and smoky quartz which are used as gemstones.

Question 5: In meteorology, what term describes a line of intense, widespread, and fast-moving windstorms and sometimes thunderstorms?

A derecho is a widespread, long-lived, straight-line wind storm that is associated with a band of rapidly moving showers or thunderstorms. The term "derecho" is of Spanish origin, and means "straight ahead."

Question 6: Where was coffee first cultivated?

Coffee was first discovered and cultivated in Ethiopia in the 9th century. According to legend, a goat herder named Kaldi noticed his goats became energetic after eating the berries from a certain tree. That tree was the coffee plant.

Question 7: If a human mother is Rh negative and the father is Rh positive, what is the condition called that can affect their second child?

Erythroblastosis fetalis occurs when an Rh-negative mother has been sensitized to Rh-positive blood and produces antibodies that attack the red blood cells of her Rh-positive fetus. This typically happens during a second or later pregnancy. A RhoGAM shot can prevent this sensitization if given to an Rh-negative mother after each pregnancy and delivery.

Question 8: Which holy city is considered the spiritual center of the Baha'i Faith?

The Baha'i World Centre, the spiritual and administrative center of the Baha'i Faith, is located in Haifa, Israel. The city is home to the Shrine of the Báb, one of the most sacred sites for Baha'is.

Question 9: In the TV show "Friends," what is the name of Phoebe's twin sister?

Lisa Kudrow, who played Phoebe, also portrayed Ursula in both "Friends" and the sitcom "Mad About You." Ursula was a flaky waitress.

Question 10: What crop is the most widely grown in the world?

Wheat is grown on more land area than any other food crop. It provides about 20% of the world's calories and protein. Wheat was one of the first crops to be domesticated, originating in the Fertile Crescent around 10,000 years ago.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #377
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

80%..
My partner thinks the answer to #2 is wrong, should be Ransom Olds and The Oldsmobile Company…..

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #377
Question 2: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
A couple of odd questions here, all the more fun,
but who? gives a 🐒 about the show called "Friends"❓
😼😸😸

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #377
Question 3: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Question 10 is a pain in the butt. What does "widely grown" mean? The greatest number of countries? The most tonnage per annum? Consumes the most land area for cultivation?

I suppose the answer is dependent on the day of the week....

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #377
Question 3: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Question 10 is a pain in the butt. What does "widely grown" mean? The greatest number of countries? The most tonnage per annum? Consumes the most land area for cultivation?

I suppose the answer is dependent on the day of the week....
No mate You're wrong.
It's all about the "SDC" = Silly Dumb Clues. 😼😼

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #377
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩