SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #34 - 28/06/2023

Question 1: Where did Australia's Prime Minister Harold Holt disappear?

Australia's 17th Prime Minister, Harold Holt, disappeared while swimming at Cheviot Beach in Victoria on December 17, 1967. Although rescue efforts continued for days, his body was never found, prompting multiple conspiracy theories.

Question 2: In which year did Ludwig van Beethoven compose his famous Symphony No. 9?

Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 is also known as the "Choral Symphony" because it features a choir and soloists in the final movement, performing the "Ode to Joy" poem by Friedrich Schiller. Beethoven began working on it in 1818, and it premiered in Vienna in 1824.

Question 3: Where is the traditional Maori haka dance from?

The haka is a traditional war dance of the Maori people native to New Zealand. It is known worldwide due to its performance by the New Zealand national rugby team before matches.

Question 4: If a triangle has interior angles of 45°, 45°, and 90°, what kind of triangle is it?

An isosceles right triangle has two equal angles of 45° and one 90° angle. In this type of triangle, two sides are of equal length and the side opposite the 90° angle is the hypotenuse.

Question 5: Who was the General of the Australian Forces during World War I?

Sir John Monash was a civil engineer and a military commander during World War I. Rising through the ranks, he eventually became the General of the Australian Forces in 1918, leading troops to numerous victories during the war.

Question 6: The Australian dessert Pavlova is named after a famous person in which field?

The Pavlova dessert was named in honor of Russian prima ballerina Anna Pavlova during her visit to Australia and New Zealand in the 1920s. The delicate meringue shell and soft interior are said to mimic the lightness of her graceful dancing.

Question 7: If If cumulonimbus clouds are present, what type of weather is likely to occur?

Cumulonimbus clouds are known for their large, towering appearance and are typically associated with severe weather such as thunderstorms, heavy rain, hail, and even tornadoes.

Question 8: If a person practices Jainism, what do they primarily believe in?

Jainism, originating in India, strongly adheres to the principle of non-violence (also known as Ahimsa). This includes not harming living beings through thoughts, words or actions. Jains also embrace other principles such as truthfulness, non-stealing, sexual restraint, and non-possessiveness.

Question 9: Who was the Australian Prime Minister during World War II?

John Curtin served as the 14th Prime Minister of Australia and played an important role in leading the country through the challenges of the World War II. He was a member of the Australian Labor Party and served as Prime Minister from 1941 until his death in 1945.

Question 10: What is the name of the first human-made satellite launched into space?

Sputnik 1 was launched by the Soviet Union on October 4, 1957. It marked the beginning of the space race between the United States and the Soviet Union.

You got answers correct

Reactions: cberk
Not up on my classical music.

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #34
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #34

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #34
Question 2: 🟩

Reactions: Bullwinkle
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #34
Question 4: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #34
Question 1: 🟥
Question 5: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
I even got the isosceles triangle wrong, and I knew that one. Oops!
Beethoven's ninth?
The people who got that must have incredible knowledge.

SDC Trivia Game #34 - 28/06/2023

Question 1: Where did Australia's Prime Minister Harold Holt disappear?

Australia's 17th Prime Minister, Harold Holt, disappeared while swimming at Cheviot Beach in Victoria on December 17, 1967. Although rescue efforts continued for days, his body was never found, prompting multiple conspiracy theories.

Question 2: In which year did Ludwig van Beethoven compose his famous Symphony No. 9?

Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 is also known as the "Choral Symphony" because it features a choir and soloists in the final movement, performing the "Ode to Joy" poem by Friedrich Schiller. Beethoven began working on it in 1818, and it premiered in Vienna in 1824.

Question 3: Where is the traditional Maori haka dance from?

The haka is a traditional war dance of the Maori people native to New Zealand. It is known worldwide due to its performance by the New Zealand national rugby team before matches.

Question 4: If a triangle has interior angles of 45°, 45°, and 90°, what kind of triangle is it?

An isosceles right triangle has two equal angles of 45° and one 90° angle. In this type of triangle, two sides are of equal length and the side opposite the 90° angle is the hypotenuse.

Question 5: Who was the General of the Australian Forces during World War I?

Sir John Monash was a civil engineer and a military commander during World War I. Rising through the ranks, he eventually became the General of the Australian Forces in 1918, leading troops to numerous victories during the war.

Question 6: The Australian dessert Pavlova is named after a famous person in which field?

The Pavlova dessert was named in honor of Russian prima ballerina Anna Pavlova during her visit to Australia and New Zealand in the 1920s. The delicate meringue shell and soft interior are said to mimic the lightness of her graceful dancing.

Question 7: If If cumulonimbus clouds are present, what type of weather is likely to occur?

Cumulonimbus clouds are known for their large, towering appearance and are typically associated with severe weather such as thunderstorms, heavy rain, hail, and even tornadoes.

Question 8: If a person practices Jainism, what do they primarily believe in?

Jainism, originating in India, strongly adheres to the principle of non-violence (also known as Ahimsa). This includes not harming living beings through thoughts, words or actions. Jains also embrace other principles such as truthfulness, non-stealing, sexual restraint, and non-possessiveness.

Question 9: Who was the Australian Prime Minister during World War II?

John Curtin served as the 14th Prime Minister of Australia and played an important role in leading the country through the challenges of the World War II. He was a member of the Australian Labor Party and served as Prime Minister from 1941 until his death in 1945.

Question 10: What is the name of the first human-made satellite launched into space?

Sputnik 1 was launched by the Soviet Union on October 4, 1957. It marked the beginning of the space race between the United States and the Soviet Union.

You got answers correct
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #34
Question 5: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 9: 🟥

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #34

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #34
Question 6: 🟥

To much blood in the caffeine stream, just in from work.

Those darn symphonies!
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #34
Question 9: 🟥