SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #319 - 09/04/2024

Question 1: Which former U.S. President won a Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album?

Barack Obama has actually won two Grammy Awards in the Best Spoken Word Album category - the first in 2006 for his audiobook "Dreams from My Father" and the second in 2008 for his audiobook "The Audacity of Hope."

Question 2: If a baby kangaroo is called a joey, what is a baby echidna called?

Echidnas, sometimes known as spiny anteaters, are egg-laying mammals native to Australia and New Guinea. Newborn echidnas are referred to as puggles. The puggle is born hairless and spineless, and is carried around in its mother's pouch for protection until its spines develop at around 50 days old.

Question 3: Which animal is featured on the national coat of arms of Australia?

The kangaroo and emu were chosen to symbolize Australia's progress, as they are always moving forward and never backward. They also represent the indigenous fauna unique to the Australian continent.

Question 4: What is the study of algae called?

Phycology is derived from the Greek words "phykos" meaning seaweed and "logos" meaning discourse. Algae play a vital role in many ecosystems, serving as a food source for marine life and producing a large amount of the world's oxygen.

Question 5: In the comic strip "Peanuts", what is the name of Charlie Brown's dog?

Snoopy is Charlie Brown's pet beagle in the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz. Snoopy is one of the most iconic cartoon dogs and has been featured in Peanuts since the comic strip's debut in 1950. He is known for his imaginative adventures, including pretending to be a World War I flying ace battling the Red Baron.

Question 6: Why does an object fall faster on the moon than it does on Earth?

The gravitational acceleration on the moon is about 1.62 m/s², compared to 9.81 m/s² on Earth. So an object will fall about 6 times slower on the moon than on Earth. The lack of air resistance on the moon also contributes to objects falling faster.

Question 7: Why was the Hawaiian island of Niihau nicknamed "The Forbidden Island"?

Niihau is the westernmost main island in Hawaii. In 1864, King Kamehameha V sold it to the Robinson family, who pledged to protect the island and its residents from outside influence. As a result, the island and its native Hawaiian residents have maintained their traditional way of life.

Question 8: What ancient wonder was built as a tomb for Pharaoh Khufu?

The Great Pyramid of Giza was built around 2550 BC and is the oldest and largest of the three pyramids in the Giza pyramid complex. It is the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World that still exists.

Question 9: In Christianity, who is known as the "Prince of the Apostles"?

Saint Peter was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ. He is considered the first Pope and Bishop of Rome by the Catholic Church.

Question 10: In what year was the first edition of the Oxford English Dictionary published?

The Oxford English Dictionary project began in 1857, but it took over 25 years to complete the first edition. The full first edition was published in 10 volumes in 1884. The OED is widely regarded as the most comprehensive English language dictionary.

You got answers correct

Reactions: joyjoy@# and pamsy
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #319
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥
☹️drat

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #319
Question 4: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩

Reactions: Nevertiki
Question 1: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
WOW! I'm in top form tday! Yay!

Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #319

Maybe the wording to question #1 should have been different as “ the 39th president of United States Jimmy Carter won a Grammy for Best Spoken Word Album for his audiobook Our Endangered Values:America’s Moral Crisis in 2007”.

Maybe the wording should have been which president has won two Grammy awards, or who was the first president, to win a Grammy!!

So anyone who answered D, you are indeed correct

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #319
Question 2: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
BTW objects fall slower on the moon not faster. Question is flawed!!

70%.
Where do objects fall faster ? on the Moon or the Earth, asks Question 6.
It all comes down to GRAVITY.
Earth's gravity is a lot greater than the Moon's, thus objects will fall faster.
Or mabe, Isaac Newton got it wrong ??? 🎓 🍏

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #319
My best score ever. ☺️

Reactions: Bullwinkle

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #319

Q 7 . The island of Niihau was nicknamed "The Forbidden Island" because it was owned by royalty and was limited to invited guests

Q 6. I thought items fell slower on the moon than earth . The moon has less gravity, so wouldn't items take longer to hit the ground than on earth.

Last edited: