SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #306 - 27/03/2024

Question 1: Who was the Greek god of music, truth, and prophecy?

Apollo is one of the most important and complex of the Olympian deities in Greek and Roman mythology. His many attributes included being the patron of music, poetry, art, oracles, archery, plague, medicine, sun, light, and knowledge. His twin sister is Artemis, the goddess of the hunt and wilderness.

Question 2: Which artist painted the famous "The Night Watch"?

"The Night Watch" is one of the most famous paintings by Rembrandt, completed in 1642. It is known for its size, the dramatic use of light and shadow, and the perception of motion in what would have traditionally been a static military portrait.

Question 3: What is the highest international competitive level in men's golf?

The Majors consist of the four most prestigious annual tournaments in professional golf: The Masters, The U.S. Open, The Open Championship (often referred to as the British Open), and the PGA Championship. Winning all four in a single calendar year constitutes a Grand Slam.

Question 4: Which company was founded first: Google, Amazon, Apple, or Microsoft?

Apple was founded on April 1, 1976, by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne, making it the oldest among the listed companies. Microsoft was founded a year later on April 4, 1975, Amazon on July 5, 1994, and Google on September 4, 1998.

Question 5: In what year did the Chernobyl disaster occur?

Due to a catastrophic nuclear accident, a reactor at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, near the city of Pripyat in the north of the Ukrainian SSR, exploded on April 26, 1986. The disaster released large amounts of radioactive particles into the atmosphere, which spread over much of the western USSR and Europe. It is considered the worst nuclear disaster in history and is one of only two nuclear energy accidents rated at seven—the maximum severity—on the International Nuclear Event Scale, the other being the Fukushima disaster in Japan in 2011.

Question 6: Where in the human body would you find the patella?

The patella, also known as the kneecap, is a small bone located in the front of the knee. It acts as a shield for the knee joint and helps with the extension of the lower leg.

Question 7: In Greek mythology, who is known as the god of the sea?

Poseidon is one of the twelve Olympian deities of the pantheon in Greek mythology. His domain is the ocean and he is called the "God of the Sea". Additionally, he is referred to as "Earth-Shaker" due to his role in causing earthquakes.

Question 8: What is the slowest mammal in the world?

The three-toed sloth can move at a pace of only 0.24 kilometers per hour. They spend most of their lives hanging upside down in the trees of tropical rain forests. This lethargic pace is a result of their low-energy diet of leaves and their need to conserve energy.

Question 9: If you were to visit the Louvre Museum, which famous painting would you find displayed behind bulletproof glass?

The Mona Lisa, painted by Leonardo da Vinci, is regarded as one of the most valuable and famous paintings in the world. The painting was stolen in 1911, heightening its fame. It was recovered in 1913 and has since been displayed in the Louvre behind bulletproof glass to protect it from potential damage or future theft.

Question 10: What physical principle explains why a person can lie on a bed of nails without injury?

The pressure over a larger number of nails is distributed evenly, preventing the nails from penetrating the skin. This principle is a demonstration of pressure being force per unit area; spreading the force over a larger area results in less pressure on any given point.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #306
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Question 2: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #306
Question 1: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩

9 out of 10 🙄

Think someone needs to check the answer to #4 as the answer given is incorrect!!!
I used Google, to check the answer, once I got it wrong 😑

Last edited:
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #306

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #306
Question 6: 🟥
Better today,not great but better. 😀

Question 6: 🟥

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #306
So 1976 is a year earlier than 1975???? Someone stuffed up there with correct answer!

Reactions: Da Freddo
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #306
Question 4: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥