SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #303 - 24/03/2024

Question 1: Where is the traditional Maori Haka dance performed?

The Haka is a traditional war dance or challenge from the Maori people of New Zealand. It has been popularized globally by New Zealand sports teams, notably the All Blacks national rugby team, who perform the Haka before their international matches.

Question 2: What creature in Greek mythology is half-man and half-bull?

The Minotaur was a creature with the body of a man and the head and tail of a bull. It lived at the center of the Labyrinth, an elaborate maze-like construction designed by the architect Daedalus and his son Icarus, on the command of King Minos of Crete. The Minotaur was eventually killed by the Athenian hero Theseus.

Question 3: In which country does the legend of the chupacabra, a creature said to attack and drink the blood of livestock, originate?

The legend of the chupacabra, which means "goat-sucker" in Spanish, began in Puerto Rico in the 1990s. The creature is often described as a reptile-like being, with leathery or scaly greenish-gray skin and sharp spines or quills running down its back. Since its first reported sightings, the myth of the chupacabra has spread throughout Latin America and into parts of the United States.

Question 4: The Earth is protected from solar winds and harmful cosmic radiation by which layer?

The Earth's magnetosphere is a region of space around the Earth controlled by its magnetic field. It deflects most of the charged particles carried by solar winds from the sun. Without the magnetosphere, life on Earth would be exposed to high levels of radiation.

Question 5: In which country can you find the most extensive collection of Pablo Picasso's artwork?

The Museo Picasso Málaga in Spain holds the most extensive collection of artworks by the 20th-century Spanish artist Pablo Picasso. Born in Málaga, Spain, Picasso is one of the most influential artists of the 20th century, and his works are synonymous with modern art.

Question 6: Who is known for the "Hand of God" goal in the 1986 FIFA World Cup?

The "Hand of God" goal occurred during the quarter-final match between Argentina and England. Maradona used his left hand to punch the ball into the net. Despite protests from the English players, the goal was allowed, contributing to Argentina winning 2-1.

Question 7: What is the process by which plants use sunlight to synthesize foods from carbon dioxide and water?

Photosynthesis is not only essential for plants but also for nearly all life on Earth, as it is the source of oxygen in the atmosphere as well as the basis of the food chain for many organisms. Chlorophyll within plant cells absorbs light energy to convert water and carbon dioxide into oxygen and glucose.

Question 8: The study of fungi is known as what?

Mycology is the branch of biology concerned with the study of fungi, including their genetic and biochemical properties, their taxonomy, and their use to humans as a source for food, medicine, and entheogens, as well as their dangers, such as toxicity or infection. Fungi are fundamentally different from plants and animals, often requiring specialized methods to study and classify them.

Question 9: If a rectangle has a length of 15cm and a width of 10cm, what is the area of the rectangle?

To calculate the area of a rectangle, you multiply the length by the width. For this rectangle, 15cm multiplied by 10cm equals 150 square centimeters (15cm * 10cm = 150cm²).

Question 10: In which layer of the atmosphere does weather occur?

The troposphere is the lowest layer of the Earth's atmosphere and extends from the Earth's surface up to about 6-20 km, depending on the location. Most clouds and weather patterns form within the troposphere due to the higher moisture content and temperature gradients compared to the upper layers.

You got answers correct

Reactions: marg@1955
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #303
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Nevertiki
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #303
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

😊😊😊

Question 2: 🟥
☺️ Nearly my best score.

• Wow
Reactions: Veggiepatch
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #303

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #303

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #303
Question 6: 🟥
Drat! There’s always 2 that defy guessing. 🥴

Reactions: steelo5
I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #303
If nothing else i have been consistent. :unsure: 😀😀

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #303

Somehow I got the perfect score but I will admit today's questions were quite easy.

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #303

Somehow I got the perfect score but I will admit today's questions were quite easy.
Easy for some 👍🏻

Quest
ion 10: 🟥
If this was anybody else I would swear that they were deliberately getting 7/10 every day. Fair Dinkum 🤠

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch