SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #296 - 17/03/2024

Question 1: Which country won the first ever FIFA World Cup?

The first FIFA World Cup was hosted by Uruguay in 1930, and the home nation won the tournament, defeating Argentina 4-2 in the final.

Question 2: Where was the potato originally cultivated?

The potato was first cultivated by the Inca Indians in the Andes Mountains of South America. Spanish Conquistadors brought potatoes back to Europe in the early 16th century.

Question 3: What element has the highest melting point of all metallic elements?

Tungsten, with the chemical symbol W, has the highest melting point of all the metallic elements at 3422°C (6192°F). This property makes it extremely useful in high-heat applications like incandescent light bulb filaments and rocket engine nozzles.

Question 4: What is the name of the messenger of the gods in Roman mythology?

Mercury is the Roman counterpart to the Greek god Hermes. Known as the god of trade, merchants, and travel, Mercury was often depicted with a winged helmet and sandals, symbolizing his role as the swift messenger.

Question 5: How many labors did Hercules have to complete in Greek mythology?

Hercules, known as Heracles in Greek mythology, was tasked with completing 12 labors as penance for his sins. These labors ranged from slaying the Nemean lion to capturing the Golden Hind of Artemis.

Question 6: Which TV show won the first ever Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series?

The United States Steel Hour won the first Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series in 1955. The series was an anthology drama that ran from 1953 to 1963 and featured adaptations of plays and novels, as well as original teleplays.

Question 7: What is the most practiced religion in India?

Hinduism is the world's oldest known religion and is predominant in India, with about 80% of the population identifying as Hindu. It has a profound influence on India's culture, society, and politics.

Question 8: If you have a car with a manual transmission, what might you depress with your foot to change gears?

The clutch pedal is used in vehicles with a manual transmission to disengage the drive train to change gears. When the clutch pedal is depressed, it disengages the clutch disc from the flywheel which allows the driver to shift gears without grinding.

Question 9: What is the traditional dress of Japan called?

The kimono is a traditional Japanese garment. The word "kimono" literally means "thing to wear" (ki "wear" and mono "thing"). It is known for its long sleeves and wraparound style, and it is often worn with an obi (a sash) and zori (sandals). Kimonos are made from various fabrics, including silk, and the designs can be highly symbolic or seasonal.

Question 10: What renewable energy source is created by harnessing the power of flowing water?

Hydroelectric power is generated by using running water to turn turbines that are connected to generators. The first hydroelectric power plant was built at Niagara Falls in 1879. Today, it's a major source of renewable energy, particularly in countries with vast river systems.

You got answers correct

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #296
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #296
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩

80%…..should have known #4 😊

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #296
Question 1: 🟩

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #296

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #296

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #296
Much easier questions than yesterday. :)

Reactions: cardie