SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #29 - 23/06/2023

Question 1: Who was Alexander the Great's famous teacher?

Greek philosopher Aristotle was Alexander the Great's teacher during his youth. The education took place at the Temple of Nymphs at Mieza, in present-day Isveçhé, Macedonia.

Question 2: Which famous musical tells the story of an orphaned redhead girl in New York City during the Great Depression?

"Annie" is a popular musical based on the 1924 comic strip "Little Orphan Annie" by Harold Gray. It first premiered on Broadway in 1977 and has since been adapted into various films and stage productions.

Question 3: In psychology, what is the term for the process of observing and imitating a specific behavior?

Social Learning was popularized by psychologist Albert Bandura, who stressed the importance of observational learning, imitation, and modeling behaviors, attitudes, and emotions of others.

Question 4: Which superhero has the name 'Peter Parker'?

Spider-Man first appeared in Marvel Comics Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. The character has since become one of the most popular and enduring superheroes in comic history.

Question 5: If someone has "myopia," what eye condition do they have?

Myopia, also known as nearsightedness, is a common eye condition where close objects appear clear but distant objects appear blurry. It occurs when the eye's shape is too long, causing light rays to focus in front of the retina rather than on it.

Question 6: What Australian holiday is celebrated annually on April 25th?

ANZAC Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations. The day specifically honors the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli during World War I.

Question 7: If you're participating in the sport of curling, what object are you sliding across the ice?

Curling is a sport in which players slide stones on a sheet of ice towards a target area segmented into four concentric circles. The sport is colloquially known as "chess on ice" due to its strategic nature.

Question 8: When was the Australian currency changed from pounds, shillings, and pence to dollars and cents?

The change from the old currency to the new decimal currency was officially called "C-Day," or "Conversion Day." The new currency was introduced to simplify the Australian financial system and align it better with international standards.

Question 9: Why is the Kangaroo and Emu featured on the Australian Coat of Arms?

The Kangaroo and Emu are featured on the Australian Coat of Arms as symbols of the country moving forward, as they are unable to walk backward. This represents progress and the nation's determination to move ahead.

Question 10: Which country is the largest producer of wheat in the world?

China is the largest producer of wheat, accounting for around 17% of global production. It's followed by India, Russia, and the United States.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #29
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥
I really thought curling was done with a disk not a stone, and Australia was the largest producer of wheat but happy with 80 %

Reactions: Monmc
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #29
Question 7: 🟩

I thought the United States produced the most wheat

Question 3: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Question 1: 🟥

8 is my best, keep hoping I'll do better some day ha ha

Question 4: 🟥

I really thought curling was done with a disk not a stone, and Australia was the largest producer of wheat but happy with 80 %
Same score, same two questions wrong, same reasons.

Greek philosopher Aristotle was Alexander the Great's teacher during his youth. The education took place at the Temple of Nymphs at Mieza, in present-day Isveçhé, Macedonia.

Question 2: Which famous musical tells the story of an orphaned redhead girl in New York City during the Great Depression?

"Annie" is a popular musical based on the 1924 comic strip "Little Orphan Annie" by Harold Gray. It first premiered on Broadway in 1977 and has since been adapted into various films and stage productions.

Question 3: In psychology, what is the term for the process of observing and imitating a specific behavior?

Social Learning was popularized by psychologist Albert Bandura, who stressed the importance of observational learning, imitation, and modeling behaviors, attitudes, and emotions of others.

Spider-Man first appeared in Marvel Comics Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. The character has since become one of the most popular and enduring superheroes in comic history.

Myopia, also known as nearsightedness, is a common eye condition where close objects appear clear but distant objects appear blurry. It occurs when the eye's shape is too long, causing light rays to focus in front of the retina rather than on it.

ANZAC Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations. The day specifically honors the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli during World War I.

Question 7: If you're participating in the sport of curling, what object are you sliding across the ice?

Curling is a sport in which players slide stones on a sheet of ice towards a target area segmented into four concentric circles. The sport is colloquially known as "chess on ice" due to its strategic nature.

Question 8: When was the Australian currency changed from pounds, shillings, and pence to dollars and cents?

The change from the old currency to the new decimal currency was officially called "C-Day," or "Conversion Day." The new currency was introduced to simplify the Australian financial system and align it better with international standards.

Question 9: Why is the Kangaroo and Emu featured on the Australian Coat of Arms?

The Kangaroo and Emu are featured on the Australian Coat of Arms as symbols of the country moving forward, as they are unable to walk backward. This represents progress and the nation's determination to move ahead.

China is the largest producer of wheat, accounting for around 17% of global production. It's followed by India, Russia, and the United States.

You got answers correct
Question 1: 🟥

You got answers correct