SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #282 - 03/03/2024

Question 1: What company was originally known as "Blue Ribbon Sports"?

Blue Ribbon Sports was founded on January 25, 1964, by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight. The company officially became Nike, Inc. on May 30, 1971, and is now one of the world's largest suppliers of athletic shoes and apparel.

Question 2: What is the term for the amount of matter in an object?

Mass is a fundamental property of physical objects and is not dependent on gravity, which distinguishes it from weight. Mass is typically measured in kilograms or grams.

Question 3: The Beatles were formed in which city?

The Beatles, arguably the most famous band in the world, were formed in Liverpool, England, in 1960. The band consisted of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. Their influence on popular culture is still felt today.

Question 4: What blood type is known as the universal donor?

O Negative blood type can be used in transfusions for any blood type. This is because it lacks A, B, and Rh antigens on the red blood cells, avoiding an immune response in the recipient. However, those with O Negative blood can only receive O Negative blood themselves.

Question 5: If you were visiting the city that was originally founded as Byzantium, which city would you be in?

Byzantium was an ancient Greek colony founded in the early 7th century BC and later became known as Constantinople after the Roman Emperor Constantine the Great. In 1930, it was officially renamed Istanbul, which is the most populous city in Turkey and historically known as a bridge between the East and the West.

Question 6: When was William Shakespeare born?

William Shakespeare was born in April 1564 in Stratford-upon-Avon, England. He is often regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and is known for his plays such as "Hamlet," "Romeo and Juliet," and "Macbeth." He died in 1616, which is often provided as an incorrect answer due to its prominence as the year of his death.

Question 7: Which psychological theory is associated with Sigmund Freud?

Sigmund Freud was the founder of psychoanalysis, a method for treating psychopathology through dialogue between a patient and a psychoanalyst. Freud theorized that unconscious forces such as repressed desires and childhood experiences have a powerful effect on an individual's behavior.

Question 8: The legendary city of El Dorado was said to be rich in which precious metal?

The myth of El Dorado, which means 'the golden one' in Spanish, refers to a city, king, or kingdom believed to be located in South America, which was fabulously rich in gold and other treasures. This legend enticed European explorers for centuries, although the city was never found.

Question 9: Which character is known as the "Merc with a Mouth"?

Deadpool, a Marvel Comics character known for breaking the fourth wall and his talkative nature, earned the nickname "Merc with a Mouth". Created by writer Fabian Nicieza and artist/writer Rob Liefeld, Deadpool first appeared in "The New Mutants" #98 in 1991.

Question 10: What term describes a community of organisms and their physical environment interacting as an ecological unit?

An ecosystem includes all of the living things (plants, animals, and organisms) in a given area, interacting with each other, and also with their non-living environments (weather, earth, sun, soil, climate, atmosphere). Ecosystems can be of any size, but usually they are in particular places. Each ecosystem has its own balance and is considered a functional unit in ecology.

You got answers correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #282
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩
Nearly made it. Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: steelo5
I got 4 out of 10 (40%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #282
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥

Reactions: magpie1
Question 9: 🟩

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #282
Question 5: 🟥

Question 7: 🟥

Question 3: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 8: 🟥
Some were quesses,i think it's sunday today, :unsure: ;)

Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Jo Piper3
I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #282

I’m happy with that 😊

5 - 6 and 8 were gut feeling guesses, which paid off!!!

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #282
😁🤩