SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #278 - 28/02/2024

Question 1: Who invented the first successful airplane?

Orville and Wilbur Wright are credited with inventing and building the world's first successful motor-operated airplane. They also made the first controlled, powered, and sustained heavier-than-air human flight on December 17, 1903, at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.

Question 2: What is the largest moon in the Solar System?

Ganymede is Jupiter's largest moon and the largest moon in the Solar System. It's even larger than the planet Mercury. Ganymede was discovered by Galileo Galilei in 1610.

Question 3: How is the economic term "GDP" abbreviated for?

Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is the total monetary or market value of all the finished goods and services produced within a country's borders in a specific time period. It is a comprehensive scorecard of a country's economic health.

Question 4: Which author wrote the play "Romeo and Juliet"?

"Romeo and Juliet" is one of Shakespeare's most famous tragedies and was written early in his career. It is a timeless story of love and conflict that has been adapted into countless theatrical productions, films, and pieces of literature, demonstrating the enduring nature of Shakespeare's work.

Question 5: Which fashion designer is credited with popularizing the "little black dress"?

In 1926, Coco Chanel published a picture of a short, simple black dress in American Vogue. It was calf-length, straight and decorated only by a few diagonal lines. Vogue called it "Chanel's Ford" because, like the Model T car created by Ford, it was simple and affordable for women of all social classes and it was available in one color only.

Question 6: Which holiday is known as the celebration of the Mexican army's victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862?

Despite common misconceptions, Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence Day, which is celebrated on September 16th. It's primarily celebrated in the state of Puebla and in the United States. It is not a federal holiday in Mexico, and it's not widely observed throughout the rest of the country.

Question 7: What was the first element to be artificially produced?

Technetium was the first element to be artificially produced. It was created by Carlo Perrier and Emilio Segrè in 1937. Despite being the first element synthesized, technetium does not occur naturally in any significant quantity on Earth and is found naturally only in trace amounts as a product of certain nuclear reactions.

Question 8: Where can the oldest living tree be found?

The oldest living tree is a Great Basin bristlecone pine (Pinus longaeva) found in the White Mountains of California. It’s over 5,000 years old and is known as "Methuselah." The exact location of this tree is kept secret to protect it from vandalism.

Question 9: Which woman was the first female Prime Minister in the United Kingdom?

Margaret Thatcher served as Prime Minister from 1979 to 1990. She was the longest-serving British prime minister of the 20th century and the first woman to hold that office. A Soviet journalist dubbed her the "Iron Lady," a nickname that became associated with her uncompromising politics and leadership style.

Question 10: Which building was designed by the architect Frank Lloyd Wright and is often considered one of his masterpieces?

Fallingwater is a house designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright in 1935 in rural southwestern Pennsylvania, 43 miles (69 km) southeast of Pittsburgh. The house was built partly over a waterfall on Bear Run in the Mill Run section of Stewart Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania, in the Laurel Highlands of the Allegheny Mountains. The house was designed as a weekend home for the family of Liliane Kaufmann and her husband, Edgar J. Kaufmann, owner of Kaufmann's Department Store.

You got answers correct

Reactions: mariaitalia
I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #278
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Hedgehog59
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #278
Question 2: 🟩
Question 8: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Same as yesterday!!
7/10. Still don't know how to generate the traffic lights.

Reactions: magpie1

At the end of the game tap on the clipboard, then scroll down to the box where you have typed in “still don’t know how to generate the traffic lights” - tap in the box, paste icon will appear on the left hand side, tap paste.. traffic light appears…good luck 🍀

Reactions: Veggiepatch
I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #278
Question 6: 🟩
😁

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #278

Got 80% and I am happy with that but some of those questions we have had before, so I don't feel that great

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #278

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #278
Question 3: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
So so :)

Reactions: magpie1

The oldest tree question was a complete guess!

Thanks to @Bullwinkle for concise instructions in getting the "traffic lights" going!

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #278

C'mon SDC, these were simply easy questions.
I know it's trivia but c'mon people, that was too easy. 😾 😾 😾
90%, { falling water } never heard of this place..

where your results are shown with % correct there is a tab with results. Click on this and the 'traffic lights' appear, then cut and past into comments.

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #278

I'd like to know how they can possibly know for sure where the oldest living tree is.

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #278