SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #277 - 27/02/2024

Question 1: Which country is traditionally associated with inventing the dish "sushi"?

Sushi originated in Japan as an early form of fast food and has its historical roots in preserving fish in fermented rice. The contemporary version of sushi, with vinegared rice and fresh fish, became popular by the Edo period.

Question 2: What is the floral emblem of Australia?

The Golden Wattle (Acacia pycnantha) was officially proclaimed the floral emblem of Australia on 1 September 1988. The wattle is symbolic in many ways for the country, representing resilience and the green and gold colors that are now so widely associated with Australian international sporting teams.

Question 3: Which amendment to the U.S. Constitution abolished 'Prohibition', which was the nationwide constitutional ban on the production, importation, transportation, and sale of alcoholic beverages?

The 21st Amendment repealed the 18th Amendment, making it the only instance to date of an amendment to the U.S. Constitution being repealed in its entirety. The Prohibition era lasted from 1920 to 1933, and the 21st Amendment was ratified on December 5, 1933.

Question 4: What term is used to describe the illegal act of entering someone else's property without permission?

Trespassing is a legal term used to refer to the act of knowingly entering another person's property without permission. It is distinct from burglary, which generally refers to entering with the intent to commit a crime, usually theft.

Question 5: When did "The Phantom of the Opera" make its Broadway debut?

"The Phantom of the Opera" debuted on Broadway at the Majestic Theatre on January 26, 1988. The music is by Andrew Lloyd Webber, with lyrics by Charles Hart. It is one of the longest-running shows in Broadway history.

Question 6: When did the Kyoto Protocol become effective?

The Kyoto Protocol, an international treaty which extends the 1992 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), was adopted on December 11, 1997, but only came into force on February 16, 2005, after a sufficient number of countries ratified it. The treaty commits its parties to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, based on the premise that global warming exists and that human-made CO2 emissions have caused it.

Question 7: In what year did Coco Chanel introduce her famous "little black dress"?

The "little black dress" was introduced by Coco Chanel and first appeared in Vogue magazine in 1926. It was dubbed "Chanel's Ford" because, like the Model T car, the LBD was accessible to women of all social classes.

Question 8: Which Norse god is associated with thunder?

Thor, the Norse god of thunder, is often depicted wielding the hammer Mjölnir. He is one of the most well-known gods in Norse mythology and is associated with the protection of mankind.

Question 9: Which mythical creature is traditionally said to be half man and half horse?

Centaurs originate from Greek mythology and are depicted with the upper body of a human and the lower body of a horse. The most famous centaur is probably Chiron, who was known for his wisdom and medicinal skills.

Question 10: How long is the average gestation period of a cow?

The gestation period for cows can vary slightly by breed, but on average, it's about 283 days. It's an important factor for farmers to know for effective herd and breeding management.

You got answers correct

I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #277
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #277
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟥
Question 10: 🟥

Reactions: Nevertiki

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #277
Question 3: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩

Reactions: Jo Piper3
Question 1: 🟥

Suppose I have to be happy with 80% 😊

Reactions: steelo5
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #277
Oh dear! 🥺

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #277

Australian floral emblem has to be the golden wattle because of the golden wattle cookbook (well in my opinion)

Question 6: 🟩