SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #272 - 22/02/2024

Question 1: What musical won the Tony Award for Best Musical in 1964?

"Hello, Dolly!" not only won the Tony Award for Best Musical in 1964 but was also one of the longest-running musicals of its time. It was originally entitled "Dolly: A Damned Exasperating Woman" before being retitled. The title role was first played by Carol Channing on Broadway.

Question 2: What gas is a primary contributor to urban smog?

Nitrogen oxides are emitted from vehicle exhaust and the burning of coal, oil, diesel fuel, and natural gas, especially from electric power plants. They are one of the main components of air pollution, leading to the formation of smog in urban areas.

Question 3: What is the name of Superman's dog?

Krypto, also known as Krypto the Superdog, first appeared in a comic in 1955. He is from the planet Krypton and has similar superpowers to Superman. Ace the Bat-Hound is a dog associated with Batman, Odie is Garfield's canine friend, and Snoopy is the beloved pet beagle from the "Peanuts" comic strip.

Question 4: Which event led to the fall of the Berlin Wall?

The fall of the Berlin Wall began the evening of November 9, 1989, after a peaceful revolution by the citizens of East Germany, and opening of their border by the East German government. This pivotal event led to German reunification less than a year later on October 3, 1990.

Question 5: Which festival is known as the "Festival of Lights"?

Diwali is a Hindu festival that usually lasts five days and is celebrated during the Hindu lunisolar month Kartika (between mid-October and mid-November). It signifies the victory of light over darkness and good over evil.

Question 6: Which space agency landed the first human on the moon?

NASA achieved this historic milestone on July 20, 1969, during the Apollo 11 mission when astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first and second humans to step on the lunar surface.

Question 7: Which language is considered the most widely spoken native language in the world?

Mandarin Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world when considering native speakers, with over a billion people speaking it. While English is one of the most widely spoken languages globally, that includes a large number of people for whom English is a second language.

Question 8: What fashion designer is credited with the creation of the "little black dress"?

Coco Chanel revolutionized women's fashion and introduced the concept of the "little black dress" in the 1920s. It was intended to be long-lasting, versatile, affordable, and accessible to the widest market possible.

Question 9: Which famous scientist and mathematician was appointed Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge in 1669?

Sir Isaac Newton significantly contributed to the fields of calculus, optics, and the laws of motion and universal gravitation. The Lucasian Chair of Mathematics is considered one of the world's most prestigious academic posts, with Stephen Hawking among the successors to Newton's position.

Question 10: When observing the diet of a panda, what is the primary food source?

Pandas are known for their almost exclusive diet of bamboo, which constitutes more than 99% of their food intake. They have a modified wrist bone that functions as a sixth digit, much like a thumb, which helps them hold the bamboo while eating.

You got answers correct

I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #272
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩
Question 10: 🟩

I got 10 out of 10 (100%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #272
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 5: 🟩
Question 6: 🟩
A few repeat questions 😁🤩

I got 7 out of 10 (70%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #272
Not too good 🫣

Question 9: 🟥
Its alright. :)

Question 9: 🟥

Reactions: Jo Piper3
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #272
Question 4: 🟥

Question 4: 🟥

70%.

Some questions ARE questionable.

Q 5 - Hanukkah is also known as the Festival of Lights.

Q 7 - Question 7: Which language is considered the most widely spoken native language in the world?
Not the language spoken by the most native people.

EDIT: Just to elaborate, the definition of widely is "over a large area or range; extensively".

I would consider the UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa to be more widespread than Mainland China and Taiwan.

And you wonder why they called me "Mr Technical" at school! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I got 8 out of 10 (80%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #272

well I learnt something today - I didn't know Superman had a pet dog - good guess on my behalf on getting the name correct

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #272

I got 9 out of 10 (90%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #272