SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #261 - 11/02/2024

Question 1: Which ancient city is known for its well-preserved ruins, including the Library of Celsus?

Ephesus was an ancient Greek city, later a major Roman city, on the coast of Ionia. The Library of Celsus was built to store 12,000 scrolls and to serve as a monumental tomb for Celsus, the governor of Asia. The city was famed for the nearby Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.

Question 2: Which company was originally known as "Quantum Computer Services Inc."?

'Quantum Computer Services Inc.' was founded in 1985 and later changed its name to America Online (AOL) in 1991. AOL was a pioneer in providing dial-up internet service to the masses, popularizing the phrase "You've got mail" through its email service.

Question 3: Which amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees the right to a speedy and public trial?

The Sixth Amendment outlines criminal procedural rights, including the right to a speedy and public trial, the right to an impartial jury, and the right to be informed of the charges against oneself. It's a cornerstone of American criminal justice meant to ensure a fair trial.

Question 4: Which space agency put the first human on the moon?

NASA, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration of the United States, achieved this historical milestone on July 20, 1969, when astronaut Neil Armstrong became the first human to step onto the moon as part of the Apollo 11 mission.

Question 5: How many novels did Jane Austen complete in her lifetime?

Jane Austen completed six major novels: "Sense and Sensibility," "Pride and Prejudice," "Mansfield Park," "Emma," "Northanger Abbey," and "Persuasion." Her works are considered literary classics and are known for their wit, social observation, and insights into women's lives in early 19th century England. "Northanger Abbey" and "Persuasion" were published posthumously.

Question 6: Who is considered the father of haute couture?

Charles Frederick Worth is known to have founded the modern concept of creating garments to fit a particular client, which began in Paris in the mid-19th century. His approach to fashion as a business and art form helped establish Paris as the center of the fashion world.

Question 7: Which layer of the Earth's atmosphere is closest to space?

The exosphere is the outermost layer of the Earth's atmosphere, transitioning into space. This layer extends from the top of the thermosphere up to 10,000 km (6,200 miles) above the Earth's surface.

Question 8: Who is considered the "Bard of Avon"?

William Shakespeare, often referred to as the "Bard of Avon," is acclaimed as one of the greatest playwrights in history. His works, including plays like "Hamlet," "Romeo and Juliet," and "Macbeth," have had a profound influence on English literature and drama.

Question 9: What is the name for the phenomenon where rocks are broken down by natural forces without chemicals?

Physical weathering, also known as mechanical weathering, involves the breakdown of rocks and minerals by physical processes like freeze-thaw cycles, thermal expansion and contraction, and abrasion from wind, water, or other natural agents, without altering the rock's mineral composition chemically.

Question 10: What was the profession of Audrey Hepburn before she became a famous actress?

Audrey Hepburn trained extensively in ballet before pursuing a career in acting. During World War II, she performed in dance productions to raise money for the Dutch resistance. Her talent and grace on screen were very much influenced by her dance background.

You got answers correct

Ahhhh !!! Audrey Hepburn, what a Beautiful Lady in every respect.
I Loved Everything About Her. She was Petite, Beautiful, Accomplished, Talented, Genuine, Lovable, Funny, any nice word you can put to her. I just loved everything about her. ( I guess that shows)

I got 5 out of 10 (50%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #261
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟥
Question 7: 🟥
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟥
Question 10: 🟩

Reactions: cardie
Question 1: 🟥
Question 2: 🟩
Question 3: 🟥
Question 7: 🟩

Reactions: cardie
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟩
Going down again!

Reactions: cardie and magpie1
I got 3 out of 10 (30%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #261
Question 8: 🟥
Absolutely terrible.
SEE ABOVE..
I got 3 out of 10 (30%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #261
Question 8: 🟥
Absolutely terrible.
LOSERS CLUB ???
I have finally qualified for the Ioser's club 20% my worst yet
Mate, you are the LOSERS CLUB MASCOT.
Others strive for that honour, but you nailed IT.
OH HAIL THE MASTER"mascot"🏆🎯