SDC_Bot

Staff member
Jan 21, 2022
SDC Trivia Game #260 - 10/02/2024

Question 1: Which character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is known as the "God of Thunder"?

Thor, portrayed by Chris Hemsworth, is a superhero and the Norse God of Thunder in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, wielding a magical hammer called Mjolnir. His character is based on the deity of the same name from Norse mythology.

Question 2: What is the term for the boundary separating two air masses of different densities?

A front is the transition zone between two air masses of different densities. These air masses usually have different temperatures and humidity levels, which can significantly affect the weather patterns, often leading to precipitation and storms when they collide.

Question 3: How long did it take to build the first working telephone?

Alexander Graham Bell is credited with inventing the first practical telephone. His work on the design of the telephone started in earnest in 1874, and by March 10, 1876, Bell made his first successful call to his assistant, Mr. Watson.

Question 4: What is the common name for the medical condition "rhinitis"?

Rhinitis is the medical term for irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose, which typically results in a runny nose and may be caused by allergies (allergic rhinitis) or other factors like viruses (non-allergic rhinitis). It's a common condition that affects millions worldwide.

Question 5: Which company was originally known as Blue Ribbon Sports?

Blue Ribbon Sports was the predecessor to Nike. It was founded on January 25, 1964, by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight. The company officially became Nike, Inc., in 1971, taking its name from Nike, the Greek goddess of victory.

Question 6: How does the Greek heroine Atalanta ensure that she won't marry any of her suitors?

In Greek mythology, Atalanta is a huntress and a favorite of the goddess Artemis. Renowned for her speed, she agreed to marry only if a suitor could outrun her in a footrace. However, she ensured her continued independence by outrunning all her suitors until Hippomenes used three golden apples given to him by Aphrodite to distract and outrun Atalanta.

Question 7: The Louvre Museum is located in which city?

The Louvre Museum in Paris is the world's largest art museum and a historic monument in France. It is renowned for housing many works of art, including the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. It was originally built as a fortress in the late 12th century under Philip II.

Question 8: Where was the famous singer and songwriter Bob Dylan born?

Bob Dylan was born on May 24, 1941, in Duluth, Minnesota. He moved to New York City in 1961 and quickly became a significant figure in the folk music scene. Dylan is known for his influential music throughout the 1960s.

Question 9: Who is known as the "Mother of Forensic Science"?

Frances Glessner Lee is considered the "Mother of Forensic Science" for her pioneering work which included the creation of the Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death, a series of miniature crime scene models used for forensic training. Her efforts led to the establishment of the Harvard Associates in Police Science, a program that greatly advanced the science of crime scene investigation and pathology.

Question 10: What country has the longest coastline in the world?

Canada has the longest coastline in the world, stretching over 202,080 kilometers (125,570 miles). This vast coastline borders the Arctic, Pacific, and Atlantic Oceans, giving Canada an incredibly diverse marine landscape.

You got answers correct

Reactions: MIZMAC
I got 6 out of 10 (60%) answers correct on SDC Trivia Game #260
Question 1: 🟩
Question 2: 🟥
Question 3: 🟥
Question 4: 🟩
Question 5: 🟥
Question 6: 🟩
Question 7: 🟩
Question 8: 🟩
Question 9: 🟩